Management 2020 Off-Season Proposals , trade, sign, kick to curb IV

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’ve known some beautiful women that always gravitate to bad situations and losers

Taylor Hall will play the year in Buffalo and at the end of the year will become a UFA.

If Buffalo sucks and things look bleak he will resign if not he will look over the bottom 5-6 teams and evaluate which team that can afford him has the best chance to suck

it’s sad to see people with so much to offer not reach their full potential

I don’t care if Ryan Whitney and/or John Moore or whoever said you were the worst teammate/d bag at 2 separate stops people can change but they Have to want to and sometimes it’s gradual

maybe start next year with signing with a 95 point team and go from there

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
hall had a taste of the playoffs this year... absolutely hated it and decided he wants to never play in them again in his career???

signing with buffalo this year is a great way to get that plan off to a good start

it is strange for me to imagine we didnt offer him at least 8 mill for a 1 year deal... and that he still choose buffalo??? this has reduced my respect for him alot

Reactions: Johnny4778

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
How are we going to feel IF Buffalo does better this season?

He had option of first line LW with Eichel or 2nd line playing with Krejci.

He racks up a lot of points and makes money at the end of next season regardless.

Sweeney better be working on plan B ASAP.

Reactions: Drunkenfish

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Business before pleasure I guess.

You know what though, if he hadn't made those comments to the media earlier in the off-season being all about winning, I could actually respect what he did here. He made a business decision by taking a small risk (one-year deal) in order to get a very lucrative payoff when it's all said and done. Doesn't make him a good guy or good teammate, but as a businessman, I tip my cap to him and his agents.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
You know what though, if he hadn't made those comments to the media earlier in the off-season being all about winning, I could actually respect what he did here. He made a business decision by taking a small risk (one-year deal) in order to get a very lucrative payoff when it's all said and done. Doesn't make him a good guy or good teammate, but as a businessman, I tip my cap to him and his agents.
The ONLY quibble I have with that is that karma can be a b****.

As we saw with Dak today, injuries are always a possibility.

Reactions: CDJ and BruinDust

Drunkenfish

Oct 1, 2018
How are we going to feel IF Buffalo does better this season?

He had option of first line LW with Eichel or 2nd line playing with Krejci.

He racks up a lot of points and makes money at the end of next season regardless.

Sweeney better be working on plan B ASAP.
And if Buffalo suck he will be trade at the deadline to a contender and the Sabres would receive a good package for it maybe.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

I even said this earlier today. One year is the deal I sign if I am him.

But if I'm talking about winning this makes no sense.

I mean who am I to judge, Taylor should do what's best for Taylor.

The Bruins offering 3 years ( Pagnotta said it was 2) but whatever. 3 years is the dumbest number of years he could sign for.

If the Bruins truly offered 3 years then it's one of two things.
1) They weren't really interested.
2) They're a bunch of f***ing morons (which they have proven all to often )

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I even said this earlier today. One year is the deal I sign if I am him.

But if I'm talking about winning this makes no sense.

I mean who am I to judge, Taylor should do what's best for Taylor.

The Bruins offering 3 years ( Pagnotta said it was 2) but whatever. 3 years is the dumbest number of years he could sign for.

If the Bruins truly offered 3 years then it's one of two things.
1) They weren't really interested.
2) They're a bunch of f***ing morons (which they have proven all to often )

Yup, it was always 1-2. 3 years and now he's heading into his age 32 season and no team is handing him a 7 or 8 year deal then, let alone for massive dollars.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Yup, it was always 1-2. 3 years and now he's heading into his age 32 season and no team is handing him a 7 or 8 year deal then, let alone for massive dollars.

Isn't it to obvious though. Like how could 3 years really have been the number they decided on. If that turns out to be true OMG heaven help them.

Reactions: BruinDust

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
would there be an appetite here for a trade with Minnesota.... Guerin is definitely shaking things up there and matt dumba looks to be there odd man out on the cap management

from minnesota
-------------------
matt dumba 6 mll for 3 years our pp qb until McAvoy can prove he deserves the job
Jordan greenway 6'6 winger 2.1 mill for 2 years... 23 year old potential power forward

to minnesota
----------------
jake debrusk rfa inconsistent but full of potential... might break out with smith/coyle
brandon carlo… defense only shut down dman

overall it adds around 1.5 mill to our caphit probably... but we can afford it.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
would there be an appetite here for a trade with Minnesota.... Guerin is definitely shaking things up there and matt dumba looks to be there odd man out on the cap management

from minnesota
-------------------
matt dumba 6 mll for 3 years our pp qb until McAvoy can prove he deserves the job
Jordan greenway 6'6 winger 2.1 mill for 2 years... 23 year old potential power forward

to minnesota
----------------
jake debrusk rfa inconsistent but full of potential... might break out with smith/coyle

He re-signed Greenway YESTERDAY. He's not about to turn around and trade him. :facepalm:

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

from minnesota
-------------------

to minnesota
----------------

Eh, I don't do it.

I don't love Dumba, and I think greenway is a huge step down from DeBrusk. Greenqay has done nothing at any level to make me think he is ever going to be more than a rough and tumble 3rd line winger. Maybe he'll post a 20 goal season some year, but it is a huge step down from a guy who is the same age and has already had a 27 goal season

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
He re-signed Greenway YESTERDAY. He's not about to turn around and trade him. :facepalm:

theres been sign and trades in hockey ever since I was 6 years old... they arent common but they arent impossible

we signed dave scatchard as an ufa to a 5 year deal and traded him a month into the season... sometimes things happen. sometimes negotiations go bad and you have hard feelings even after inking the deal. and sometimes you get an offer you cant refuse

I mean... Ottawa drafted bryan berard and islanders drafted wade redden... a few days later the 2 teams trade these new picks 1-for-1. it doesnt happen everyday, but it definitely is possible

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Man if he took that deal we must have been close and #2 or #3. Deal gets done if Sweeney budges on something.

This sucks and makes no sense. If he picks them get more money+term at least. Skinner makes more than him and sucks.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Revisit Arizona and OEL deal. The yotes have to move money. The Bruins still need a top LD.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Revisit Arizona and OEL deal. The yotes have to move money. The Bruins still need a top LD.
OEL and his agent gave Arizona up until 12:00pm on Friday to trade him to Vancouver or Boston, and if a deal wouldn't get done by then, he won't waive his NMC to be moved.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
OEL and his agent gave Arizona up until 12:00pm on Friday to trade him to Vancouver or Boston, and if a deal wouldn't get done by then, he won't waive his NMC to be moved.

I saw that but if it’s a place he actually wants to go I’d have a hard time believing it. Could be wrong though :laugh:

Reactions: TCB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad