Management 2020 Off-Season Proposals , trade, sign, kick to curb IV

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
That tells you all you need to know about Hall's desire or effort he wants to put into it

Buffalo let's him float like he always does with no consequences. No expectations it pressure to win. No accountability. Perfect for that loser.

A player doesn't magically play for terrible teams and 5 1st overall picks across 3 franchises because of "bad luck"

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
That tells you all you need to know about Hall's desire or effort he wants to put into it

Buffalo let's him float like he always does with no consequences. No expectations it pressure to win. No accountability. Perfect for that loser.

A player doesn't magically play for terrible teams and 5 1st overall picks across 3 franchises because of "bad luck"

Stop. Yes, it sucks that he didn't choose Boston, but he clearly has an affinity for Ralph Krueger. If he didn't care that much, he could have cashed in on a 7 year deal and spent the rest of his career floating, as you say. He clearly (wrongly) thinks Buffalo has a chance to win with Krueger.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Wonder if Winnipeg was able to bump up their offer at the last minute or something.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Stop. Yes, it sucks that he didn't choose Boston, but he clearly has an affinity for Ralph Krueger. If he didn't care that much, he could have cashed in on a 7 year deal and spent the rest of his career floating, as you say. He clearly (wrongly) thinks Buffalo has a chance to win with Krueger.
Buffalo should be legit now. Franchise young C and D already...

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Has nothing to do with that. He'll go to Buffalo, with a coach he has sway, see a big bump in his numbers playing alongside Eichel and likely PP and PK duty.

Then he'll either sucker in the Pegula's to hand him a 8-year, 80 million dollar deal (heck Jeff Skinner convinced them to part with $72 million), or he'll use his better numbers to convince some other sucker owner/GM to give him 10 million per for 7 years.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Has nothing to do with that. He'll go to Buffalo, with a coach he has sway, see a big bump in his numbers playing alongside Eichel and likely PP and PK duty.

Then he'll either sucker in the Pegula's to hand him a 8-year, 80 million dollar deal (heck Jeff Skinner convinced them to part with $72 million), or he'll use his better numbers to convince some other sucker owner/GM to give him 10 million per for 7 years.

Maybe. Anybody he signed with would have given him that cushy spot to rack up points, though. Maybe the Sabres beat everyone else on money. Hopefully we get some more behind the scenes details on who offered him what.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
So what do we need to add? Basically they are getting AP + Krejci + RD depth for Karlsson (legit #2) and a $7M dump to get AP as a N°1 not having to trade away the rest. Creates a hole in C beyond next year for sure. Jut thinking outside the box as the way the B's are built right now there is no way to keep the "roll 4 lines" depth and have a decent D so either they need to stack the top 6 and top 4 and change their mindset to match a checking / grit bottom 6, or accept there are going to be very unfortunate matchups on the bottm 6 and 3rd pairing that will expose them in a long playoff run.
My point is they won't dump Karlsson for exact reason we would want him. Especially not to "upgrade" with an older, signed for one year Krejci.

They would add picks or prospects just to Fleury to dump him. So they'd keep Karlsson, dump Fleury+ futures and add AP.

We aren't a good trading match for dumping salary.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Maybe. Anybody he signed with would have given him that cushy spot to rack up points, though. Maybe the Sabres beat everyone else on money. Hopefully we get some more behind the scenes details on who offered him what.

Boston couldn't promise him that. Not with Marchand and Pastrnak here. He wasn't even guaranteed 1st unit PP duty here. And he wasn't getting to play with a center with the offensive capability of Eichel.

Ned Bouhalassa

Mar 2, 2008
Montreal
FWIW, I've a feeling he may the kind of guy that doesn't like that attention from a big market city. It can't just be the money, he's already got lots of that.

Reactions: MoffatMan

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Boston couldn't promise him that. Not with Marchand and Pastrnak here. He wasn't even guaranteed 1st unit PP duty here. And he wasn't getting to play with a center with the offensive capability of Eichel.
Depends on how they restructure their PP with Krug gone.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Depends on how they restructure their PP with Krug gone.

Well neither Hall nor Marchand were about to take over at the top of the umbrella, and I'd be very surprised if they change their structure given it's success, even without Krug.

Personally I don't think the conversation ever got that deep. He knows Krueger will let him play all-out offense without having to worry about his defensive play, rack up 90-95 points, and cash in.

Reactions: MoffatMan

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Well neither Hall nor Marchand were about to take over at the top of the umbrella, and I'd be very surprised if they change their structure given it's success, even without Krug.

Personally I don't think the conversation ever got that deep. He knows Krueger will let him play all-out offense without having to worry about his defensive play, rack up 90-95 points, and cash in.

Well, again, they might go with a totally different PP structure. Even so, Hall could play halfwall. Also, Hall's defensive play is just fine. This just reads like sour grapes because Boston lost out.

Reactions: Yeti34

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Well, again, they might go with a totally different PP structure. Even so, Hall could play halfwall. Also, Hall's defensive play is just fine. This just reads like sour grapes because Boston lost out.

I'm being straight up honest when I say I was never a Taylor Hall fan and didn't care one way or the other if he signed in Boston. I've always believed the rumors he was a $%&^*&ty teammate were true. Some have sour grapes over this but I can say with all certainty I'm not one of them. I actually find the whole thing hilarious.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I always feel Buffalo is *that* close to being a playoff contender, but then they go and screw it up.

Hall is a big step in the right direction for them, but they still need a goaltender and a better 2nd pair on their blueline.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital

Yep. As GW says, “It’s always about the money.” TH probably ain’t had much learnin’...

His agents/money men sold this to him. It all makes perfect sense.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Just spitballing here. If Hall signs trade Bjork with Moore to a team for a draft pick. I’m sure somebody would take this deal. Than trade Ritchie and Vaakanainen to Vegas for Nate Schmidt.

try to re-sign both DeBrusk and Grzelcyk

not sure if there is enough money to make this work but the lines for me would look like this:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Hall-Krejci-Kase
DeBrusk-Coyle-Smith
Kuraly-Studnicka-Wagner

Studnicka gets worked in as a centre and ready for 2nd/3rd line duties when Krejci walks as a UFA.

Schmidt-McAvoy
Grzelcyk-Carlo
Chara-Lauzon/Clifton
Zboril

sadly... way over budget... I will say I like the lineup though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad