2020 Off Season Discussion Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Where does Brown fit in our lineup? I know he’s a centre and he’s big but he has accomplished little since being drafted. I mean, he can’t even make the Senators.

We f***ed up Strome and then he instantly turned into a #2 offensive center on another team. If we can get him at a reasonable price, I say take a shot. Maybe we'll be on the receiving end of a big turn around with change of scenery this time.

Reactions: Jakey53

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Where does Brown fit in our lineup? I know he’s a centre and he’s big but he has accomplished little since being drafted. I mean, he can’t even make the Senators.
Start him off at LW with Hayton & Kessel in limited minutes?

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

I remember calling Doug Moss and leaving him a message from the game (possible after a drink or 5) at the end of the 2010 regular season saying he had to resign Stempniak. He was on fire after we got him. 14 goals and 18 points in 18 games. Didn't do much in the playoffs if I remember correctly but damn was he hot after we traded for him.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Also, I’d say he no matter where he fits 5v5 (even if it’s 4LW), I’d really like him on our PP.

I’d be willing to offer one of the 2nds and one of the middling D prospects to make it happen (Capobianco or Crotty or Dineen or Westerlund - hopefully one of the second two, rather than the first two).

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
We f***ed up Strome and then he instantly turned into a #2 offensive center on another team. If we can get him at a reasonable price, I say take a shot. Maybe we'll be on the receiving end of a big turn around with change of scenery this time.
I know that Strome has developed into a decent offensive #2 center... personally I would prefer my #2 center to have a little more defensive prowess and quickness that Strome lacks. I do think he has value and will have a nice NHL career, but he is not the type of center I would want on my team as the #2.

If I could go back I would probably do the same trade over again. Then again I am higher on Schmaltz than most on this board.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Strome is slated to fill the 1C spot with Debrincat and Kane while Toews and Zach are out. We'll soon see exactly what we gave up.

P.S. I'm not predicting he'll play like a true 1C. Just pointing out that we'll get the perfect chance to see what he can do.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think if we were interested in Brown, it'd have happened as part of the Stepan deal.
Could be we were and Ottawa declined. Could be that as training camp has unfolded, they're now more open. Like as in he's not going to make the team or they didn't like his camp, or they didn't like the fact that he ran Chabot, who was injured, in a scrimmage and then fought Brady Tkachuk immediately after. Could be that Brown has since made his frustrations known, and is more available now than he was. Could be he wishes he were involved in the Stepan deal as he now finds himself buried and maybe his conduct is indicative of that.

Who knows?

We do know that Bill Armstrong has only ever traded an NHL player with on NHL GM. And that was Pierre Dorian. Maybe they re-connect now that the situation might be slighty different.

GIven that the season starts today I really doubt this happens. I'm sure Brown will just get sent down and we won't hear anything before he's traded several weeks or months from now and probably not to Arizona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad