2020 Off-Season Discussion Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Hayden is fine. He's a warm body. It's just like bringing Fischer back. Guy with size who is trying to carve out a new role because he isn't good enough to be what he was. He doesn't even have to be mean. Just work the boards a bit and not get flattened by contact.
Pitlick is fine as a guy with size and a little skill. He's a buzzsaw and energy guy. We need more of those.

We're talking about ten minutes a game guys, and you're complaining because they aren't core players.

Fischer has spent the past two years playing a defensive role (1400 mins) against quality competition with good results. Despite that role, he has 25 ES points. Hayden has gotten on the ice for less than 900 minutes and has 9 points.

I like Pitlick as the 3RW if you move Kessel up to 2RW and shelter him with Hayton. That's... passable I guess..

But Hayden is barely qualified to be a 13F.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Assuming Hayden and Pitlick go through;

Keller - Dvorak - Schmaltz
Garland - Hayton - Kessel
??? - Stepan - Pitlick
Crouse - ??? - Fischer.
Hayden

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
There's next to no chance you see Hayton as the two C. Maybe if we had given him some time last year and knew what we had.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I remember Pitlick from when he has on Dallas. Had a game against the coyotes where he elbowed someone and scored a goal. Tyson Nash was furious.

So he’s an asshole. Good.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
There's next to no chance you see Hayton as the two C. Maybe if we had given him some time last year and knew what we had.

That line would be incredibly sheltered. Basically a necessity. Kessel will blow up what they are trying to do unless he is in that spot. There's no money for any other center.

Add Clifford and Richardson, IMO.

Want Larsson but Richardson will have to do. Money is tight unless they move out Raanta or Kuemper.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Get ready. Everyone is going to say last year’s team was a playoff team. And Hall was only here a short while, and the team didn’t win much with him around anyway. So replacing him with Clifford (needed toughness!) and Tocchet’s two favorite healthy scratches with Hayden and Pitlick is fine. The team will be a bubble team. They were last year and didn’t lose much in the way of important players. That’s the narrative coming your way from our local media and casual twitter fans.

They’re going to be very surprised when the team finishes with the 4th worst record in the NHL and has no 1st round pick. Very surprised. But you and I won’t be. Not one bit.
Unless Tocchet is fired. Then I will buy into us competing for playoff spot up until the trade deadline. Then we'll ship off Stepan, Goose, Demers, maybe Hammer. At that point it will be fun seeing Tyson Nash saying we still have a shot.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Cousins isn’t a center.

If Clifford gets $1.25m (which might be low), there's $3.4m left with Hossa on LTIR.

I'd give Johan Larsson $2m x 3 in a heartbeat if they like the personality.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He is under Tocc! haha

I'm fine with him at 4C, to be honest. I'm just worried he'd eat Hayton minutes in the top nine
He is under Tocc! haha

I'm fine with him at 4C, to be honest. I'm just worried he'd eat Hayton minutes in the top nine
True. The one season in his entire NHL career he actually played center regularly was here under Tocchet. Lol.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Eh I don't think he fits with what Army is trying to do.

There's no money. None was moved out. You probably can't even give someone like Goligoski away in this environment.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Eh I don't think he fits with what Army is trying to do.
I like goals as much as the next guy, but the last thing this lineup needs is another soft top 6 rw. If we can move someone out, then great., but ...

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
There's no money. None was moved out. You probably can't even give someone like Goligoski away in this environment.
I agree. I think that Kuemper’s trade value was very low given the market and that Raanta and Goligoski would MAYBE be waivers claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad