Pre-Game Talk: 2020 NHL Trade Deadline Predictions - Mod post #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
If there is any chance Josh Anderson is available I would hope that JG is all over that.
The ask from Edmonton for Anderson was ridiculous. Apparently Broberg/Bouchard+ or RNH. I’d love to get him if his price goes down a bit though

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The ask from Edmonton for Anderson was ridiculous. Apparently Broberg/Bouchard+ or RNH. I’d love to get him if his price goes down a bit though

I'd consider Miller+ for him.

But I just really, really love the player. He really won me over during the playoffs.

Oilers are dumb if they didn't move Bouchard+ for him depending on what the + is. Bouchard is not a good player.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Kreider to Boston for a 1st + B prospect.

Georgiev to Toronto for Kapanen + a small add.

Fast to Edmonton for a conditional 2nd.

Strome stays put until at least the draft.

Lias gets moved in a 1-for-1 that the board is generally fine with.

We hear a bunch of Buch rumors, but nothing comes of it.

We don't hear any Skjei rumors, but something nearly comes of it.

One of Lettieri, Fogarty, and di Giuseppe are moved for a 5th or 6th round pick.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
What makes you think about Foligno to NYR?

JD loves them both. Nick i don't think is going anywhere. He's the C of an overachieving team. In Minnesota, Guerin is open for business. I think JD wants to bring in some guys that will fit into a heavier game. Someone that can play Quinn's "RELENTLESS" style he's been trying to impliment.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
JD loves them both. Nick i don't think is going anywhere. He's the C of an overachieving team. In Minnesota, Guerin is open for business. I think JD wants to bring in some guys that will fit into a heavier game. Someone that can play Quinn's "RELENTLESS" style he's been trying to impliment.

i like Foligno and Greenway from the Wild (played for Quinn) for Andersson, and ???? maybe this as a starting point

Reactions: Lion Hound

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
i like Foligno and Greenway from the Wild (played for Quinn) for Andersson, and ???? maybe this as a starting point

Foligno has been listed as one of the top 5 pieces the Wild would be willing to move for this years deadline. In his draft year the Rangers were looking at him. They picked Kreider in the first. Ethen Werek in the 2nd. Ryan Bourque in the 3rd. Rangers didn't have a 4th rounder. Buffalo drafted him in the 4th round. I don't think anyone expected him to fall that far including Foligno himself. He was quoted after the draft saying that he was pretty disapointed about some of the players that were selected ahead of him.

Marcus Foligno
Foligno is exactly the type of player a team embarking on a deep run could be looking for. He’s big, plays a hard-nosed, physical game and serves as an excellent role model for younger players. It also helps that he’s in the midst of what could wind up being the best statistical campaign of his career. The 28-year-old has already collected 20 points in just 39 games this season — three points shy of his current career high.
With one year remaining on his contract after this season at a cap hit of $2,875,000, Foligno could slot in as a high-end bottom-six forward on a competitive team preparing for the postseason. He’s no game-changer, but he plays a role that any contending team could find highly valuable.

Marcus Foligno after being drafted by Buffalo.

Was Buffalo a team on your radar – had you met with them prior to the draft?
I never actually talked to them; I just knew they were at my games a lot. I remember playing Belleville in the playoffs, and I knew they had scouts at the first two games so I wanted to play well. I’d had some talks with the Rangers, and my agent told me about a few other teams that were interested. Buffalo was always around but we never talked. With the history of my dad playing in Buffalo, I always thought it would be cool if they took me. When they called my name my dad was obviously pretty excited.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
If Fast could he re-signed for at or under $3.5 million AAV (1/23 of the cap) on a 3-4 year deal then I would jump to keep him. He handles top competition very well, and is one of the only convincing board-players on the team.

I’m convinced that if there was a running tracker on broadcasts of each player’s on-ice competition, the sweeping assumptions of Fast and Trouba as supplementary players would change dramatically. I quite like the idea of having Fast on the top-line with Zibanejad in a similar role to Zach Hyman, if someone like Buchnevich is able to complement their transition/checking/shooting with passing.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Georgiev/Fast to Toronto for Kapanen/3rd

Kreider to St. Louis for Kyrou or Kostin, a 1st, and conditional 3rd

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-23_19-40-2.png
    upload_2020-1-23_19-40-2.png
    99 KB · Views: 6

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
trade deadline predictions of these players. feel free to add to the list. let's keep this going until the trade deadline

Chris Kreider - NYR - BOS
Alec Martinez - LAK - PHI
Ilya Kovalchuk - MTL - MTL
JG Pageau - OTT - NYI
Alexandar Georgiev - NYR - TML
Tyler Toffoli - LAK - TB
Shayne Gostisbehere - PHI - PHI
Sami Vatanen - NJD - NJD
Andreas Athanasiou - DET - DET
Brendon Dillon - SJS - WPG
Alex Galchenyuk - PIT - PIT
Ron Hainsey - OTT - STB
Ryan Donato - MIN - PGS
Robin Lehner - CHI - CHI
Craig Smith - NSH - EDM
Kyle Turris - NSH - NSH
Marco Scandella - MTL - MTL
Josh Anderson - CBJ - CBJ
Jeff Petry - MTL - MTL
Jesper Fast - NYR - PHI
Melker Karlsson - SJS-TB
Aaron Dell - SJS-PHI
Corey Crawford - CHI-CHI
Pavel Buchnevich - NYR - CGY

Thanks for literally copying and pasting my list from the thread I created on the main trade boards and just changing your predictions.

Speculation: - Trade Deadline Predictions

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Is this supposed to be the Roster-building thread but for all non-Ranger teams?
Like I don't know if I'm supposed to talk about Ranger players here. That seems like overlap.
like talking about resigning Fast? yeah, would the trade-rumor thread be better?

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I'm more prepared with Kreider now than I was with Cally 6 years ago. Maybe it's just maturity. lol. But to see Kreider in a Bruins jersey? ewww.

I think they keep Strome at least till the summer, and re-sign Fast.

well, we’re lucky players change uniforms so often b/c if our Rangers had to rely on the draft we would be picking in the top 5 every year. Lost Callahan, likely lose Kreider yet look at a guy like Panarin. We couldn’t find a Panarin in a room full of them lol. My gosh, we have two top 10 picks who ran home to Europe this year alone.

Kredier to Boston - that team drafts four wheel drive players so maybe we can obtain one of them for our finesse Rangers. Look at Lindgren who we got from them. He’s the only defender who hits besides Trouba who the team obtained too. Want to see a Ranger defenseman, look at Brady who hits nobody and Staal who never hit anybody (and is likely the only player I’ve ever seen that never gained a pound of weight/muscle since being drafted).

Hoping for a solid trade deadline and obtaining players.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
It's hard for me to make predictions but I know what I would try to do if I could....

Trade strome
Trade kreider
Trade fasth
Trade georgiev

Strome is the only guy I'd even remotely consider keeping there but I think he's gonna want to get paid, and overpaying guys like him is a recipe for disaster.

Can you pry a guy like Cody glass outta Vegas for maybe sending them a few assets and taking on some bad contracts?

How about newhook?

Kreider and lias for newhook?

Buch, georgiev and a 2nd for nylander? Something like that?

Strome and fasth for some draft picks

Next year....

Panarin chytil nylander
Lemieux zibenajad kakko
Kravtsov newhook howden
4th line guys

Skjei trouba
Fox DeAngelo
Staal, hajek, lindgren, rykov, miller, lundkvist, smith, etc

Shesty and Henrik splitting games 50 50

Status
Not open for further replies.