Pre-Game Talk: 2020 NHL Trade Deadline Predictions - Mod post #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
DeAngelo has 4 less points at the moment than Del Zotto's season high with the Rangers... with 34 games left to play.

Poor Delzotto, Torts broke him. He would do the same to ADA if he were still here, some guys arent defensive players and you can't make them into on, like trying to make Haley into a goal scorer.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I can totally see Strome signing a 2 year, $9m contract if that were the case.

As for ADA, I see him as a better version of Del Zotto. We should sell high while we can especially with what we have in the pipeline. If we could get a top-6 forward or a first rounder for him, I think we should take it.

I like the Strome contract though I'm doubtful he signs a short deal given his ups and downs. He would be a crazy person to leave NY, hopefully he sees that and we get him for a reasonable deal.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
no...

the notion of making a young dman play D is not in line with Michael Haley scoring...

The notion of making a lifelong offensive dman play d is. Let him do what he is good at, let someone else play d. In the case of DelZotto it took away his offense and he became an average dman. If you did the same to Tony it's likely the same result. Eric Karlsson had Marc Methot, Brent Burns had Vlasic, Coffey had Lowe, Neidermayer had Steven/Danyko etc. I'd personally like to see Tony on the left side of Trouba but that's not likely to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexei Kovalev 27

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Kreider to Boston is almost a given at this point. I don’t follow other teams closely enough to provide an informed view on their players’ deadline fates.

George is a question mark.

I doubt Strome or Buch moves.
Even though it might look obvious he ends up in Boston because of his background, i think that should be the LAST place he goes. An orig6 team in which someday we might end up facing in the PO's. Who are they gonna give us? A very low 1st rounder +? Not enough. McAvoy? Lol.

Kreider goes to Calgary, my gut says so.

Reactions: motopanekeku

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
When you're re-building a roster, you must deal from your strength. I love Tony but id trade him if we get a really good return.

Kreider is clearly gone this deadline and that's fine. The discussion is whether to bring him back after.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
When you're re-building a roster, you must deal from your strength. I love Tony but id trade him if we get a really good return.

Kreider is clearly gone this deadline and that's fine. The discussion is whether to bring him back after.

Yeah but by doing that you're taking your strength and making it significantly weaker.

There are other ways to improve your roster. We have so much capital in the system, use that instead.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Yeah but by doing that you're taking your strength and making it significantly weaker.

There are other ways to improve your roster. We have so much capital in the system, use that instead.

I dunno about that, Keane and Lundqvist are putting together pretty good years, what do they look like in 2 years? The problem with having a log jam is that Keane essentially has little value as he is unproven vs DeAngelo, so if you keep Deangelo and Keane or Lundqvist dont get their shot they are diminished assets. I realize DeAngelo is putting up really good numbers but say Keane or Lundqvist puts up 15-20 less points but DeAngelo gets you a top 6 player who gets you 60-70, it's a net gain.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
You let those guys play DeAngelo out of a spot here.

Assuming that one or both of them will be even half of productive is quite a reach. I'd move both of them before I move DeAngelo.

Why is it a reach? Keane has been a points generator all his life. Roughly the same points per game in the AHL so far as Tony did

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Why is it a reach? Keane has been a points generator all his life. Roughly the same points per game in the AHL so far as Tony did

Look at their numbers leading up to this year. DeAngelo did unholy things to the OHL.

That and DeAngelo is just a more gifted offensive player than both of them.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
You let those guys play DeAngelo out of a spot here.

Assuming that one or both of them will be even half of productive is quite a reach. I'd move both of them before I move DeAngelo.
And there is still the possibility of moving DeAngelo to the Left side.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Kreider to Boston for 2020 1st, Heinen and Frederic
Fast to Dallas for 2021 2nd, and Tufte or Caamano
Andersson and Keane to Calgary for Zavgorodniy
Skjei and Georgiev to Carolina for Toronto's 1st, Edmundson, Gauthier and one of Bokk, Puistola or Kuokannen

Go the rest of the season with...

Panarin-Strome-Butch
Heinen-Zib-Lemieux
Howden-Chytil-Kakko
Smith-McKegg-Gauthier

Edmundson-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
Staal-TDA*

Shesterkin/Lundqvist

*TDA... big assumption but continue the experiment with TDA being moved to the left if not moved there permanently and juggle Edmundson, sit Staal and bring up Rykov the rest of the way.
Go into the draft with 3 1st rounders... trade the two higher picks to get as high as possible and select BPA. Additions of Frederic, Tufte or Caamano, Zavgorodniy and either Bokk, Puistola or Kuokannen would no doubt improve the lack of depth at wing as well as the bottom 6.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Anyone expecting 4 roster players to be traded are going to be disappointed imo.

Management is not looking for some big sell off. I would be shocked if you see more than 2 dealt.

Kreider
Fast/Georgiev

More likely Fast stays. Georgiev goes.

They then revisit Skjei, Buch, Strome after the season.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Anyone expecting 4 roster players to be traded are going to be disappointed imo.

Management is not looking for some big sell off. I would be shocked if you see more than 2 dealt.

Kreider
Fast/Georgiev

More likely Fast stays. Georgiev goes.

They then revisit Skjei, Buch, Strome after the season.

definitely won’t see 4 guys dealt for picks and prospects...you could see more trades if they are hockey trades bringing back nhl players. But agree 100% that they aren’t going to decimate the current team. Too much value in being competitive down the stretch

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Look at their numbers leading up to this year. DeAngelo did unholy things to the OHL.

That and DeAngelo is just a more gifted offensive player than both of them.

Lots of players put up numbers in the ohl, it's only when they turn pro that you find what they are made of. I was conceding 15-20 points in the difference between DeAngelo and the replacement, even if it was half the points and you add a top 6 forward it's a net gain, and that's not even adding in the extra points Fox would get on pp1. I mean even if the replacement only prevented more goals than DeAngelo and you added a 60-70 point guy it's still a gain.

motopanekeku

abnormally high
Aug 23, 2009
Even though it might look obvious he ends up in Boston because of his background, i think that should be the LAST place he goes. An orig6 team in which someday we might end up facing in the PO's. Who are they gonna give us? A very low 1st rounder +? Not enough. McAvoy? Lol.

Kreider goes to Calgary, my gut says so.
The price for Boston to aquire Kreider from us would be higher than other teams. We would have to ensure that the deal we make would help Boston's window close while ours is opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad