Pre-Game Talk: 2020 NHL Trade Deadline Predictions - Mod post #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
It's hard for me to make predictions but I know what I would try to do if I could....

Trade strome
Trade kreider
Trade fasth
Trade georgiev

Strome is the only guy I'd even remotely consider keeping there but I think he's gonna want to get paid, and overpaying guys like him is a recipe for disaster.

Can you pry a guy like Cody glass outta Vegas for maybe sending them a few assets and taking on some bad contracts?

How about newhook?

Kreider and lias for newhook?

Buch, georgiev and a 2nd for nylander? Something like that?

Strome and fasth for some draft picks

Next year....

Panarin chytil nylander
Lemieux zibenajad kakko
Kravtsov newhook howden
4th line guys

Skjei trouba
Fox DeAngelo
Staal, hajek, lindgren, rykov, miller, lundkvist, smith, etc

Shesty and Henrik splitting games 50 50

send Brady packing and you have a deal :)

IMO, we will not see a Shesty/Hank 50/50 split. That’s Shesty’s job IMO.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
(Realistically) getting ahead of myself...

Feb 24:
Rangers trade Pavel Buchnevich (package) to Florida Panthers for Aleksi Heponiemi (package)
Rangers trade Jesper Fast to Philadelphia for a 2021 3rd round pick

June/July:
Anton Lundell drafted at 7 ov (the infamous Lias Andersson spot) to bunk with Kakko.
Henrik Lundqvist accepts trade to Colorado for the 2020-21 season. Rangers at 50%, Martin Kaut to NY.
Rangers trade Brady Skjei (package) to Minnesota for Jordan Greenway (package)

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Kreider to Boston
Georgiev to Toronto
Fast and Strome stay
DeAngelo to Edmonton with Anderson

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Short of one of the big 2 (who TDA doesn't return on his own, obviously) there is nothing that Edmonton has that even slightly piques my interest for DeAngelo.

Reactions: jas

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If Kreider stays Buch is a goner. Buch might move anyway. Whether or not Buch survives this year I think the Rangers are getting to the point of moving on from him.

Jesper Fast at the deadline will have multiple playoff bound teams looking at him. He's a consistent and reliable bottom 6 forward who can be plugged into a lot of situations. Coaches love versatility and dependability. He'll deepen out some team's playoff roster. IMO someone will give us a 2nd for him.

If we move a defenseman the most likely would be DeAngelo and he would bring a big return if we did move him. There is not really a need to do something like that now though. Moving him would depend somewhat on where the Rangers see Lundkvist---if they think he might be ready for the NHL next year.

Georgiev may or may not go. He's not really a backup guy. He's too good for that. He's going to be a starter and a good one. If we move him we need a great return. One of the last teams I'd want him to go to is the Maple Leafs---I'm sick of their posters and their Bracco shit. I don't expect Henrik to get moved anywhere. He's more likely to retire then be traded. The biggest likelihood is he's here in September.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I’d drive Buch to the airport myself if it meant keeping Kreider.

Kreider would have to sign the right deal though and take less term and cap dollars than he would get in July. 5 years at the max. Somewhere between $5.5 and 6 mil so he'd be leaving a lot of money on the table. That's me though--whether the Rangers would give him that is another question. The other thing is you give your team a hometown discount when you could have gotten a so much better deal on the market and then there is a possibility they move you anyway. That's got to be taken into account. One way loyalty can leave a bad taste in your mouth. But he is much more valuable than Buch is at least in my eyes.

All that said the Rangers have consistently moved on from players in Kreider's situation the last two years.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
This team would really, really, really test my fandom if Staal outlasts DeAngelo here short of getting a Godfather offer for TDA. Nils or no Nils, there is a way to fit both of them here long term.

I think its pretty clear that Kreider is toast. This whole "lets see where they're at" on Feb 24th thing is cute and all, but making up an 11 point deficit is about as likely as Staal winning the Norris. They have 13 games between when they return and the deadline and even if they were to go 10-2-1, They'd probably still be on the outside looking in.

Reactions: Dijock94

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I really hope ADA stays. He’s finally doing what he was drafted to do. I’m not too into trading him like a lot of you. Maybe they can give him a short term deal and if he’s consistent with his play then sign him longer. I dunno, I like him.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This team would really, really, really test my fandom if Staal outlasts DeAngelo here short of getting a Godfather offer for TDA. Nils or no Nils, there is a way to fit both of them here long term.

I think its pretty clear that Kreider is toast. This whole "lets see where they're at" on Feb 24th thing is cute and all, but making up an 11 point deficit is about as likely as Staal winning the Norris. They have 13 games between when they return and the deadline and even if they were to go 10-2-1, They'd probably still be on the outside looking in.

D85D9908-4FA1-4BEA-9364-F3DCA1E7055E.gif

Deleted member 23124

Tanner Glass comes out of retirement, signs a contract with NYR and is immediately traded to Philadelphia for a 1st round pick. AV gonna AV.
You think he likes Tan-Tan more than Quickie? I'd say it's a toss up.

Deleted member 23124

....and Staal who never hit anybody (and is likely the only player I’ve ever seen that never gained a pound of weight/muscle since being drafted).
Actually, this statement is incorrect....Staal actually had some classic physical battles with Alley-O...Staal put him on his butt a number of times.

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
If I was Strome I’d sign a friendly team deal to keep playing with Panarin.

I can totally see Strome signing a 2 year, $9m contract if that were the case.

As for ADA, I see him as a better version of Del Zotto. We should sell high while we can especially with what we have in the pipeline. If we could get a top-6 forward or a first rounder for him, I think we should take it.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I can totally see Strome signing a 2 year, $9m contract if that were the case.

As for ADA, I see him as a better version of Del Zotto. We should sell high while we can especially with what we have in the pipeline. If we could get a top-6 forward or a first rounder for him, I think we should take it.

DeAngelo has 4 less points at the moment than Del Zotto's season high with the Rangers... with 34 games left to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->