Pre-Game Talk: 2020 NHL Trade Deadline Predictions - Mod post #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
trade deadline predictions of these players. feel free to add to the list. let's keep this going until the trade deadline

Chris Kreider - NYR - BOS
Alec Martinez - LAK - PHI
Ilya Kovalchuk - MTL - MTL
JG Pageau - OTT - NYI
Alexandar Georgiev - NYR - TML
Tyler Toffoli - LAK - TB
Shayne Gostisbehere - PHI - PHI
Sami Vatanen - NJD - NJD
Andreas Athanasiou - DET - DET
Brendon Dillon - SJS - WPG
Alex Galchenyuk - PIT - PIT
Ron Hainsey - OTT - STB
Ryan Donato - MIN - PGS
Robin Lehner - CHI - CHI
Craig Smith - NSH - EDM
Kyle Turris - NSH - NSH
Marco Scandella - MTL - MTL
Josh Anderson - CBJ - CBJ
Jeff Petry - MTL - MTL
Jesper Fast - NYR - PHI
Melker Karlsson - SJS-TB
Aaron Dell - SJS-PHI
Corey Crawford - CHI-CHI
Pavel Buchnevich - NYR - CGY

Last edited:
Reactions: Maximus

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Kreider to Boston is almost a given at this point. I don’t follow other teams closely enough to provide an informed view on their players’ deadline fates.

George is a question mark.

I doubt Strome or Buch moves.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Kreider to Boston is almost a given at this point. I don’t follow other teams closely enough to provide an informed view on their players’ deadline fates.

Fast to Flyers considering AV loved the guy as a player could be a trade Rangers and Flyers could do at the deadline

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Fast to Flyers considering AV loved the guy as a player could be a trade Rangers and Flyers could do at the deadline
That’s an interesting one. Any idea of the return? I’ve always struggled to establish a market value for Fast.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think Kreider ends up in Colorado

Geo gets moved to SJ or CAR

Strome and Buch stay...For now.

Fast is extended before the deadline.

Wishful thinking prediction: Staal waives his NMC and gets traded to Philly.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I think Kreider ends up in Colorado

Geo gets moved to SJ or CAR

Strome and Buch stay...For now.

Fast is extended before the deadline.

Wishful thinking prediction: Staal waives his NMC and gets traded to Philly.

gross. I don't want to see that happened. let some other team overpay for him.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Kreider similar to the the Hayes/Nash deal.

Fast is offered something to stay, if he won't sign it, I'd guess maybe as high as a 2nd, like Brain Boyle, yet I think some prospect out there may get that done too.

I don't think Geo is moved 1 for 1 unless an overpay happens, more than a 2nd for example and I do not expect any overpay. Maybe moved in a larger deal with more moving parts where it's impossible to breakdown who was valued as what. Maybe with Fast for example.

Strome I think they keep, I just hope it's a one, maximum a two year deal. Shield Chytil without blocking him.

Buchnevich I too think they keep, they'd likely be selling low.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Chris Kreider - Colorado. I still think the Rangers should keep him but there is too much smoke.
Alec Martinez – Carolina Hurricanes. Canes have 2 #1’s in the 2020 draft. Hamilton’s out, Canes are in a playoff hunt. Martinez can play both RD and LD. Gives them options. 1st might be too much.
Ilya Kovalchuk – NY Islanders. Ilya saga continues going back to the guy he burnt by retiring.
JP Pageau – Columbus Gets moved for small potatoes, and Ott fans go up in arms at the return.
Alexander Georgiev- Remains with NYR
Tyler Toffoli- NY Islanders are open for business with their 2nd addition at the deadline.
Shayne Gotisbehere- Flyers - Too close to a playoff hunt, Flyers cant swing the hockey trade needed here.
Sami Vatanen- Devils, re-signs a nice new contract $$$
Andreas Athanasiou- Stays a Red Wing
Brendan Dillon- Boston Bruins
Alex Galchenyuk- Remains with the Pens
Ron Hainsey- Remains with the Sens
Ryan Donato- Remains with the Wild
Robin Lehner- Toronto
Craig Smith- Remains with Smashville
Kyle Turris- Remains with Smashville
Marco Scandella- Florida
Josh Anderson- Columbus
Jeff Petry- Remains with the Habs
Jesper Fast- Remains with NYR
Melker Karlsson- Remains with the Sharks
Aaron Dell- Remains with the Sharks
Corey Crawford- Remains with the Hawks
Pavel Buchnevich- Remains with NYR
Macus Foligno- Traded to NYR

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Kreider ends up where he'll be this weekend, St. Louis.

Fast stays, but if he does get moved, it's Philly.

Strome is not moved, same with Buchnevich.

Georgiev ends up in Vegas. No heir apparent for Fleury and they could use a 1B based on what they have right now.

I believe McKegg will get traded as well, not for much but returning a draft pick would be good for him. Thinking a 6th to a team looking for a 13th or 14th forward.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
George and Lias to Toronto for Kapanen and Bracco
Kreider to Boston for a first and the man, the myth, the legend Trent Frederic

Everyone else stays with the Rangers

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Chris Kreider - Colorado. I still think the Rangers should keep him but there is too much smoke.
Alec Martinez – Carolina Hurricanes. Canes have 2 #1’s in the 2020 draft. Hamilton’s out, Canes are in a playoff hunt. Martinez can play both RD and LD. Gives them options. 1st might be too much.
Ilya Kovalchuk – NY Islanders. Ilya saga continues going back to the guy he burnt by retiring.
JP Pageau – Columbus Gets moved for small potatoes, and Ott fans go up in arms at the return.
Alexander Georgiev- Remains with NYR
Tyler Toffoli- NY Islanders are open for business with their 2nd addition at the deadline.
Shayne Gotisbehere- Flyers - Too close to a playoff hunt, Flyers cant swing the hockey trade needed here.
Sami Vatanen- Devils, re-signs a nice new contract $$$
Andreas Athanasiou- Stays a Red Wing
Brendan Dillon- Boston Bruins
Alex Galchenyuk- Remains with the Pens
Ron Hainsey- Remains with the Sens
Ryan Donato- Remains with the Wild
Robin Lehner- Toronto
Craig Smith- Remains with Smashville
Kyle Turris- Remains with Smashville
Marco Scandella- Florida
Josh Anderson- Columbus
Jeff Petry- Remains with the Habs
Jesper Fast- Remains with NYR
Melker Karlsson- Remains with the Sharks
Aaron Dell- Remains with the Sharks
Corey Crawford- Remains with the Hawks
Pavel Buchnevich- Remains with NYR
Macus Foligno- Traded to NYR

What makes you think about Foligno to NYR?

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Kreider to Tampa. 1st Round Pick + a B+ prospect + a conditional pick. Could see Boston or Edmonton, even Dallas being interested.
Martinez I can see going to Toronto with their injuries.
Pageau screams Pittsburgh to me. I don't know why, maybe a Galchenyuk-Pageau swap.
Georgiev to Toronto is too obvious at this point to predict otherwise.
Toffoli screams Boston or Tampa I think whoever doesn't get Kreider will get Toffoli at a discount.
Athanasiou I think is gone. Detroit is in a deep rebuild and he doesn't fit their long term timeline. They could hold him past the deadline and revisit in the offseason but I can see a team like Vegas or Edmonton making solid offers.
Hainsey will go to a team looking to shore up their back end D like Toronto or Philly.

I don't see Buchnevich or Fast being traded. Fast is more likely because he is an expiring asset but I see him being re-signed and Buchnevich will either be traded in the offseason or given another year.
Turris can't be moved. Lehner won't be moved. Columbus is in a playoff position so I can't see them moving Anderson. Kovalchuk may go but any team could have had him for free so I don't see it. Donato just got to Minny would be dumb to move him at a low point. Petry could move but again I just don't see Montreal getting the right value for him.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Greg "Craig" McKegg for a 7th round pick to a team that is in the playoff spot and has 1 or more 7th round picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad