Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Entry Draft (Round #1 - 10/6/20 @ 7pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
I love the CHL as a development league and London is the best club in the whole CHL. I just don't think there's enough of a benefit for a player that is already succeeding in a men's league.

There probably won't be a CHL season anyways, so kind of moot.

London is not the best club in the whole CHL.

If you're talking attendance and money making, yeah they're great at that.

But actually recruiting and developing players, not by a long shot.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Maybe I'm biased because they were dominant in the period of my life when I actually watched CHL hockey regularly.

Marner
Tkachuk
Domi
Horvat
Dvorak
Thomas
Tierney
Anderson
Zadorov
Mete

There's a lot of NHL points among that group and those are just the ones from a three year window. Note that I excluded early NHL picks Juolevi and Jones because they're trending towards bust.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Believe London has had at least one player drafted every season of their existence. One first rounder each of the past six years for a total of eight players. Dvorak would have been one in 2014 too if not for the knee injury. Decent chance the streak extends this year with Stranges or Evangelista.

Lanky listed a lot of the major picks but you can also add Bouchard and McMichael from recent years.

THN actually did a project last season where they ranked al CHL clubs on how many NHL games their alumni have played since the 2004-05 lockout. London was first with more than 12,000, which was about 3,000 more than the runner-up so it wasn’t even close.

Hockey Factories: Which major junior team has produced the most NHL talent in the post-lockout era? - TheHockeyNews

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Big fan of London’s system. Closet fan of SSM. Have a signed Marner jersey and a signed Hayton jersey.

this year all 3 CHL leagues will be available on one platform/subscription. I’ve never been more excited about CHL hockey. No more separate subscriptions. I love OHL hockey. I went with WHL season tickets this year instead and I regretted it. My draft knowledge this year is at the lowest level it’s been (outside of the WHL) in years.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
If memory serves you’re in Regina. They just got Connor Bedard, first WHL player to be granted exceptional status. Not sure if he’s the next McDavid (Shane Wright might be) but his numbers in the North Vancouver junior program were stupid good.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Maybe I'm biased because they were dominant in the period of my life when I actually watched CHL hockey regularly.

Marner
Tkachuk
Domi
Horvat
Dvorak
Thomas
Tierney
Anderson
Zadorov
Mete

There's a lot of NHL points among that group and those are just the ones from a three year window. Note that I excluded early NHL picks Juolevi and Jones because they're trending towards bust.
A lot of fun players in that group that didn't make it, too. Like the Rupert twins, Jared Knight, Seth Griffith, and Greg McKegg.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I would do unspeakable things to swap out Rick Tocchet with Dale Hunter. He seems content in London though. Didn’t want the Washington job. Good little business so is there an amount of cash that makes him look at the NHL? I imagine even as coach though he’d want some say in hockey ops ala Patrick Roy or Dave Tippett.

Reactions: PuckLife

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If memory serves you’re in Regina. They just got Connor Bedard, first WHL player to be granted exceptional status. Not sure if he’s the next McDavid (Shane Wright might be) but his numbers in the North Vancouver junior program were stupid good.
Which is why I may get both..... I’m waiting to see.

rt

May 13, 2004
Big fan of London’s system. Closet fan of SSM. Have a signed Marner jersey and a signed Hayton jersey.

this year all 3 CHL leagues will be available on one platform/subscription. I’ve never been more excited about CHL hockey. No more separate subscriptions. I love OHL hockey. I went with WHL season tickets this year instead and I regretted it. My draft knowledge this year is at the lowest level it’s been (outside of the WHL) in years.
Will that platform be in the states? Will it feature spoiler-free on-demand offerings?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Will that platform be in the states? Will it feature spoiler-free on-demand offerings?
Instead of having 3 different apps it will be 1. Hopefully 1 subscription to access all 3 leagues. If u could watch through them before you will have access through this.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
This thing is waaaay too much fun:

draftsim

You’re welcome. :)

I believe that they have now fixed this to where picks are not sent to the incorrect team, so if we win the lottery, the Yotes show as the #1 pick. Just for shits and giggles, let's see the team we could get by trading the #1 pick:

#1 and #165 to Ottawa for #3, #21, and #55
#21 and #196 to Philadelphia for #26 and #57
#57 to Montreal for #61 and #163
#61 and #163 to Chicago for #71 and #102

#3: C Tim Stutzle
#26: C/RW Jacob Perreault
#41: RW Sam Colangelo
#55: C Jaromir Pytlik
#71: RW Ozzy Weisblatt
#102: D Brock Faber
#103: D Kasper Puutio (Luke Prokop also available)
#134: G Calle Clang

The value of #3 and #5 together is significant, so, I could only get 3, 21, and 55 out of it. Which is still not too bad. Even at 21, Jarvis, Mysak, Gunler, Foerster, Brisson, Peterka, and Perreault were all available. I figure that if that is the case, I can move back 5 picks or so and still get a decent player. Turn out Jarvis and Perreault were both possibilities, and I can't really go wrong with either.

Man, there is some interesting value between about 16 and 30.

rt

May 13, 2004
I believe that they have now fixed this to where picks are not sent to the incorrect team, so if we win the lottery, the Yotes show as the #1 pick. Just for shits and giggles, let's see the team we could get by trading the #1 pick:

#1 and #165 to Ottawa for #3, #21, and #55
#21 and #196 to Philadelphia for #26 and #57
#57 to Montreal for #61 and #163
#61 and #163 to Chicago for #71 and #102

#3: C Tim Stutzle
#26: C/RW Jacob Perreault
#41: RW Sam Colangelo
#55: C Jaromir Pytlik
#71: RW Ozzy Weisblatt
#102: D Brock Faber
#103: D Kasper Puutio (Luke Prokop also available)
#134: G Calle Clang

The value of #3 and #5 together is significant, so, I could only get 3, 21, and 55 out of it. Which is still not too bad. Even at 21, Jarvis, Mysak, Gunler, Foerster, Brisson, Peterka, and Perreault were all available. I figure that if that is the case, I can move back 5 picks or so and still get a decent player. Turn out Jarvis and Perreault were both possibilities, and I can't really go wrong with either.

Man, there is some interesting value between about 16 and 30.
I submitted a ticket. Maybe he fixed it as a result. :)

Reactions: BUX7PHX

rt

May 13, 2004
I went trade crazy on it and got:

1. Tristen Robins (didn't win the lottery and traded way down)
2. Jack Finley
3. Brett Berard
4. Ivan Didkovsky
5. Isaak Phillips
6. Connor McClennon
7. Blake Biondi
8. Dimitri Zlodeyev
9. Maxim Beryozkin
10. Pavel Tyutnev

rt

May 13, 2004
Did ZERO trading, with a lottery win and went with:

1. Alexis Lafreniere
41. Shakir Mukhamadullin
103. Tyler Tullio
134. Connor McClennon
165. Dmitri Zlodeyev
196. Xavier Simoneau

^ my best yet. ;)

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Oh man, that's a fun little tool. Good little time waster too.

I think I did okay but can probably do better on the next go around.

Montreal won the lotto and I kept all the pre-set options the same. Also traded I believe a 5th to Toronto for a 5th and a 7th.

41 Jake Neighbours
103 Cross Hanas
134 Ethan Cardwell
174 Landon Slaggert
196 Xavier Simoneau
216 Ilya Usov

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
What percentages are people putting it on, and how well or poorly done is the team needs?

I usually put it on a randomness factor right around where the R in the word factor is, if not slightly further to the right. I usually leave the team needs at about 50%

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I went trade crazy on it and got:

1. Tristen Robins (didn't win the lottery and traded way down)
2. Jack Finley
3. Brett Berard
4. Ivan Didkovsky
5. Isaak Phillips
6. Connor McClennon
7. Blake Biondi
8. Dimitri Zlodeyev
9. Maxim Beryozkin
10. Pavel Tyutnev

Biondi is WAY up my list. I always feel like I'm cheating when I get him low on that tool.

I like the Berard pick too.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
This is a lot more fun using the teams with more picks.

With NJ, I walked out of the first round with Raymond, Lapierre, and Mercer.

With Ottawa (where AZ won the lottery), I got Byfield, Perfetti, Bourque, Bordeleau, and Neighbours all inside the top 50. Then Greig at 52 and Villeneuve at 55, and Evangelista, Wiesblatt, and Francis within the top 100.

rt

May 13, 2004
With Ottawa (where AZ won the lottery), I got Byfield, Perfetti, Bourque, Bordeleau, and Neighbours all inside the top 50. Then Greig at 52 and Villeneuve at 55, and Evangelista, Wiesblatt, and Francis within the top 100.
That’s just disgusting. Absolutely absurd haul.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Did another draft simulator thing with the randomness factor and team needs both turned down to zero.

Edmonton won the lotto.

Ponomarov
Cardwell
McClennon
Peeters
Cranley (G)

All CHL. Some decent boom or bust. Peeters was a top pick in the import draft but things kind of went to shit in Halifax this year so he probably didn't have as good a year as he should have. I'm also really intrigued by Theo Rochette but skeptical about Quebec's ability to develop so I passed on him in this draft. Despite being one of the bigger programs they have only had 3 guys picked in the last 7 years. Since 2006, only 4 Quebec picks have played at least 130 NHL games, two of which are Anthony Duclair and Louis Domingue.

We've only drafted 2 goalies under Chayka. Tendeck and Prosvetov, both in 2018. Kind of think we'll taken one this year to keep one in the junior pipeline (Tendeck could move up).

Second draft:

Randomness and team need at full blast. Edmonton won the lotto again.

Chromiak
Wiesblatt
McClennon
Morrison
Cardwell

I was looking at those last three guys all with the third pick so that worked out well. Not sure if I like this group better than the above group.

Third time:

Options kept at the midway mark. Nashville won the lotto.

Ponomarov
traded 103 to Ottawa for 152, 158, 185
traded 134 to NYR for 169, 200, 201
McClennon
Goncalves
Peeters
Hlavaj (G)
Okuliar
Simoneau
Dickinson
Ansons

A lot of stuff.

One more go, using Detroit. Options left as is. Chicago won the lottery.

Stutzle (Ottawa took Drydale at 3)
Chromiak
Barron
Villeneuve
Pytlik (reminds me of Hanzal)
Wiesblatt
Stranges
Evangelista (both Knights fell into my lap)
McClennon
Goncalves
Hlavaj

I gotta block that site before it steals my whole weekend...

Last edited:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Did one more and we won Lafreniere. Tried like hell to get another first rounder but no bueno. Really want Lapierre.

Is there any realistic asset we could move to pick up a mid first to do so? I’m not talking something like Keller or Schmaltz. Basically can we bundle together enough shit to get that pick? Maybe Hammer as the primary piece but that seems unrealistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad