Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ja Sports

May 6, 2020
Here's my latest reel for Connor Zary - absolute workhorse of a player

Hope you guys enjoy :) which players are you hoping to draft the most?

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Wheeler has released his final draft rankings. He has a different top order than most.

1 Lafrenere
2 Byfrield
3 Rossi
4 Perfetti
5 Raymond
6 Holtz
7 Stutzle
8 Drysdale

Rossi at 3 is interesting and Stutzle at 7 makes him very gettable.

Wheeler: Final ranking for the 2020 NHL Draft's top 100...

I really hope thats what teams above the Ducks in the draft think of the prospects. Rossi, Perfetti, Raymond and Holtz going before Stutzle is puzzling and not sure Ottawa would ever pass on Stuztle.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Wheeler has released his final draft rankings. He has a different top order than most.

1 Lafrenere
2 Byfrield
3 Rossi
4 Perfetti
5 Raymond
6 Holtz
7 Stutzle
8 Drysdale

Rossi at 3 is interesting and Stutzle at 7 makes him very gettable.

Wheeler: Final ranking for the 2020 NHL Draft's top 100...
If we end up with 7th pick and end up with Stutzle

that would be just about as good as getting Zegras at 9 or Fowler at 12.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If we end up with 7th pick and end up with Stutzle

that would be just about as good as getting Zegras at 9 or Fowler at 12.
Fowler should have gone at least #9, Klingberg, Faulk, Kuznetzov, Tarasenko, Johansen, Skinner would be ahead of him in redrafts but then one also has to consider Freddy Andersen in the top 10 too.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Would you take Askarov with the Boston pick if he falls?

Depends how the scouts view him but I doubt they take a goalie in the first round - firstly we never really use high picks on goalies and secondly we should be set for years to come with Gibson and Dostal in the pipeline.

That said if he’s by far the BPA then they may make an exception.

Reactions: Ja Sports

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Depends how the scouts view him but I doubt they take a goalie in the first round - firstly we never really use high picks on goalies and secondly we should be set for years to come with Gibson and Dostal in the pipeline.

Gibson was a second round draft choice that I would consider a high pick and that turned out. Dostal is still a prospect and we do not know if he will work out. You never can have too many good goalies in the system, since if they work out you can always trade one for some other position that you need or another high draft choice.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA

I'd consider it. 5 years from now he is probably kicking at the doors with gibby having a couple years left on his deal by then and Gibby can mentor him. Take over the starter job at 25 if he works out. Assuming Gibby doesn't fall off a cliff

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Gibson was a second round draft choice that I would consider a high pick and that turned out. Dostal is still a prospect and we do not know if he will work out. You never can have too many good goalies in the system, since if they work out you can always trade one for some other position that you need or another high draft choice.

Gibson was in a year where we traded down to get the extra pick. One of the issues with drafting goalies high when they’re not needed is if you do create a logjam there is never the same value in moving your excess compared to say a D or a forward. So you’re right you can always move them if there is a logjam I just think you rarely see goalies moved for decent returns.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Gibson was in a year where we traded down to get the extra pick. One of the issues with drafting goalies high when they’re not needed is if you do create a logjam there is never the same value in moving your excess compared to say a D or a forward. So you’re right you can always move them if there is a logjam I just think you rarely see goalies moved for decent returns.

This. Historically, goalies just don't have the same value as a defenseman or forward. Not needed/worth the risk. The Ducks don't often get a pick in the top 10. They need to make it count.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
BM said this about the college FAs and the USHL
You don't see a lot of college free agents having a huge impact because we're scouting the USHL so much better now. We know the USHL like we know the CHL. For a while, the USHL wasn't getting scouted and that led to those guys not being seen and going to college. Now, with all those kids coming through the USHL, they're all drafted. We've got three or four of them in our first-round list this year. That's changed.
According to Pronman's Draft List, he is likely talking about Jake Sanderson, Brendan Brisson, Sam Colangelo, and possibly Thomas Bordeleau. There are also a couple other guys just outside that range on Pronman's list who are possibilities.

PuckProspects

Jul 23, 2018
BM said this about the college FAs and the USHL

According to Pronman's Draft List, he is likely talking about Jake Sanderson, Brendan Brisson, Sam Colangelo, and possibly Thomas Bordeleau. There are also a couple other guys just outside that range on Pronman's list who are possibilities.

I wonder if there is anyway he is only taking about the USHL players and not the USDP team because that team has always been scouted pretty heavily. Probably not but that would mean

Brisson, Colangelo, Farrell, Miller might be in the ducks first round. Maybe a couple other dark horses.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
2020 NHL Mock Draft - NHL - DraftSite.com
They seem to think Helge Grans will fall to the 3rd round WTF. No way can the Ducks let Helge Grans make it past the 1st round, if he's there at #31 you pick him.
But if its like last year, they'll pick the 2020 version of Brayden Tracey instead of the Hoglander.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I wonder if there is anyway he is only taking about the USHL players and not the USDP team because that team has always been scouted pretty heavily. Probably not but that would mean

Brisson, Colangelo, Farrell, Miller might be in the ducks first round. Maybe a couple other dark horses.

Gunnarwolfe Fontaine is an overager who always jumped off the screen in clips of the Steel I've seen. Plus come on, how can someone with that name not pan out.

I'm a big fan of Colangelo though and think he would be a great pick at the Boston pick or if he makes it into the second round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad