Prospect Info: 2020 NHL draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

roman star

ready to march
Feb 17, 2019
ive not seen him play but i could see yzerman watching drysdale big time because if the big 2 are gone you have to consider the top dman , and theres nothing wrong with stacking the roster two pp qb deep with hronek and drysdale . add seider to top 4 and it might fix the defense permanently

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
ive not seen him play but i could see yzerman watching drysdale big time because if the big 2 are gone you have to consider the top dman , and theres nothing wrong with stacking the roster two pp qb deep with hronek and drysdale . add seider to top 4 and it might fix the defense permanently

Yzerman usually likes his D-man to be big guys. Also Drysdale is a right-shot.

They have toyed with Seider on the left side some, but it would be really interesting to see us target a right-handed D-man with the #4 pick. I am not going to rule it out, but for a lot of factors I don't think we are going to pick him. Hronek and Seider are about as solid of building blocks as we have patrolling the right side and I think the organization likes Lindstrom and Tuomisto quite a bit. You also have Kaski still somewhat in the picture. In the **** show that is the Detroit Red Wings, I am actually pretty confident we have the right side figured out here for the next little while shortly.

Reactions: Darkseider

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Yzerman usually likes his D-man to be big guys. Also Drysdale is a right-shot.

They have toyed with Seider on the left side some, but it would be really interesting to see us target a right-handed D-man with the #4 pick. I am not going to rule it out, but for a lot of factors I don't think we are going to pick him. Hronek and Seider are about as solid of building blocks as we have patrolling the right side and I think the organization likes Lindstrom and Tuomisto quite a bit. You also have Kaski still somewhat in the picture. In the **** show that is the Detroit Red Wings, I am actually pretty confident we have the right side figured out here for the next little while shortly.
has a team ever played all 3 pairs equal minutes in effort to keep all of the dmen more highly energized plus make lots of points via the 3rd pair playing vs less talented opponants ? a really super stacked d .

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I can see Marco Rossi be superstar , his hockey IQ, pock possession skills and skating

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Lottery sucks now doesn't it.

What is the worst we could pick - 4th right?

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Lottery sucks now doesn't it.

What is the worst we could pick - 4th right?
If they stay in dead last, they have an 18.5% chance at #1OA and a 49.4% chance at a top-3 pick. The lowest they can pick is #4OA.

Go to Tankathon and sim the lottery a few times. It's not exactly comforting.

:(

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
If they stay in dead last, they have an 18.5% chance at #1OA and a 49.4% chance at a top-3 pick. The lowest they can pick is #4OA.

Go to Tankathon and sim the lottery a few times. It's not exactly comforting.

:(
I tried and most of the time we get 4th and some second. Somehow NJ getting first more than us.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
7cd3ba2259dc4ef0bbceefb74973c77c.png

well that would be amusing I guess

Reactions: lilidk

Avery Rule

Jun 1, 2010
What would be even more amusing would be landing the first, and making a trade for another first that ends up becoming a top 10 pick.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
The way it's going, Detroit should be able to choose from three of Raymond/Stutzle/Drysdale/Askarov. That's not bad. You can get an impact player at forward, defense, or in net. That's the floor right now, the minimum we're going to get.
I haven't followed the draft as much this year because work's been killing me... What do you guys think of Raymond, Stutzle and Drysdale? Playstyle floor, upside? I don't want a goalie. At all. Under any circumstances. I don't care if Askarov has a shutout every game for the rest of the season.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I haven't followed the draft as much this year because work's been killing me... What do you guys think of Raymond, Stutzle and Drysdale? Playstyle floor, upside? I don't want a goalie. At all. Under any circumstances. I don't care if Askarov has a shutout every game for the rest of the season.
Raymond is really skilled. Top notch skater, too. Good scorer, excellent playmaker. Elite hands. This season has been a little bit disappointing just because he's stuck in the typical European situation where kids don't get a lot of icetime. Despite being 5'10 or 5'11, this guy is feisty. He's not shying away from contact.

Comparison: a mad scientist genetically engineered a superior version of Gustav Nyquist. But some people say Mitch Marner

https://thehockeywriters.com/lucas-raymond-the-next-swedish-superstar/ some nice video here.

Stutzle has a lot in common with Raymond. If Stutzle ends up on the wing, I could see them being pretty similar players. He's bigger than Raymond, but just as good a skater. He's an excellent playmaker, with very, very good hands. He's a good scorer, but from what I've seen of him, I wonder if he'll be picking corners in the NHL. Not that it matters, because he's fast enough to take it all the way to the net. I don't know if he's quite the battler that Raymond is, but I'd need to see more of him.

Comparison: I get strong Elias Pettersson vibes.

Shift Work: Tim Stützle this has some good clips.

Drysdale I know a lot less about. Supposedly he's an excellent skater who can do it all, and that includes being a very good offensive defenseman. Other than that, I just watched this video:

Last edited:
Reactions: HisNoodliness

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
So who are your top 4 picks in order?

So far I have

1. Alexis Lafrenière / Left Winger / Rimouski (QMJHL) / 6' 0" 172#
  2. Quinton Byfield / Center / Sudbury (OHL)/ 6' 3.5" 214#
  3. Yaroslav Askarov / Goalie / SKA-1946 (MHL) / 6' 2" 160#
  4. Cole Perfetti / Left Winger / Saginaw (OHL)/ 5' 9.25" 173#

Something in that order?

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands

So far I have

Something in that order?

1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield
3. Raymond
4. Stutzle

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019

So far I have

Something in that order?

1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield
3. Stutzle
4. Perfetti

outside chance stutzle overtakes byfield for me. He’s playing a ppg pace in a men’s league. He’s making history in the DEL and out playing the likes of Leon draisaitl. Also can play center.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I’ve seen Stutzle listed anywhere from 6:01 185 to 5:11 165. Does anyone know which is correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad