Prospect Info: 2020 NHL draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Byfield scares me. He's the type of kid that could easily bust. 6'4" over 200 pounds in a junior league is a massive advantage to have. One that can make other skills look amazing because being huge can do that.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Byfield scares me. He's the type of kid that could easily bust. 6'4" over 200 pounds in a junior league is a massive advantage to have. One that can make other skills look amazing because being huge can do that.
There are many players in the CHL that are 6'4 or taller who don't dominate the league. Byfield is 17 and leading a team of overage players in scoring and is a top scorer in the entire league. He's going to play in the NHL, it's just a question of if he'll be a dominant #1 center like Matthews where he drives the play or if he settles into a second-line role and becomes more of a net-front presence.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
You are correct, he used Detroit's pick from the Quincey trade. He picked Koekkoek at 10 which turned out to be a bust. Filip Forsberg was picked next by the Caps who eventually traded him for Martin Erat.

Talk about a cluster, lol.

I'd rather not see a top 5 pick used on a goalie, regardless of how good he is.
You mean that we have no idea when we draft we only hope and then it take some time to see if we draft well

plymouthmi

Jan 17, 2015
Chicago
I was so impressed by Askarov at the IIHF U18. I remember saying I wanted the Wings to draft him. I think he's the real deal and is going to be really good. But it does make me a little nervous to draft a goalie that high. I don't know if it's better to focus on forward/defense needs, since maybe you can get by as a team with non-elite goaltending? Or do you stick with BPA no matter what.

Hopefully we just get the #1 pick and then I don't need to wonder about it.

Reactions: Jon Cusack

nhlisawesome

Oct 26, 2019
At least we have a new scouting department. Soooo many busts of late and terrible picks. Svechnikov and Rasmussen as high end 1st round picks? Are you f***ing kidding me. We need to quit picking horrible skaters in the 1at round. Like we did choosing Zadina over Hughes, watch a Canucks game and see how smooth Hughes is on his skates. That's the kind of shit we need

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
At least we have a new scouting department. Soooo many busts of late and terrible picks. Svechnikov and Rasmussen as high end 1st round picks? Are you ****ing kidding me. We need to quit picking horrible skaters in the 1at round. Like we did choosing Zadina over Hughes, watch a Canucks game and see how smooth Hughes is on his skates. That's the kind of **** we need
Who has busted as of late? How are Svetch and Ras "high end" 1st round picks? Why don't we wait a couple of years when both Zadina and Hughes have had some time in the NHL before making sweeping generalizations about their entire careers? That's the kind of shit we actually need.

Reactions: Larkin1578

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
I don't get it. A group of people on this board argued relentlessly educating some of us lesser folk that we don't need top 2 picks, that Larkin is a good enough 1C to lead the way and eventually compete for cups, that this team is on the upswing. That we already have all the talent required just lacking Trouba as our super duper #1 D even though he was never better than Byfuglien or Morrissey making him the Jets 3rd best D but yet we should pay him 8-9 mill per to be a #1. I mean he certainly looks like hes worth that kind of money for the next 8 years in NY :sarcasm:

It is about time we are having a successful season. Last place finish here with come

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Seen highlights from Kamloops game last night. Zary had a goal 5v3, but what was really impressive was his one handed assist from behind the net. Along with Rossi among the older players in the draft, they're both complete players. From 3 on there's not that much separation, Raymond is impressive but so are Rossi/Stutzle/Perfetti and adding Zary to that group.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
At least we have a new scouting department. Soooo many busts of late and terrible picks. Svechnikov and Rasmussen as high end 1st round picks? Are you ****ing kidding me. We need to quit picking horrible skaters in the 1at round. Like we did choosing Zadina over Hughes, watch a Canucks game and see how smooth Hughes is on his skates. That's the kind of **** we need

Since when is pick 9 a high end pick? Let alone 19th!

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
since when is a top 10 pick not a "high end pick"?

the 5 guys drafted before Rasmussen at 9th overall were Mikhail Sergachev,Timo Meier,Nikolaj Ehlers,Bo Horvat,and Jacob Trouba and since then it's been Vitali Kravstov and Trevor Zegras

that's a lot of talent
Necas could and should have been had w that pick.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I don't get it. A group of people on this board argued relentlessly educating some of us lesser folk that we don't need top 2 picks, that Larkin is a good enough 1C to lead the way and eventually compete for cups, that this team is on the upswing. That we already have all the talent required just lacking Trouba as our super duper #1 D even though he was never better than Byfuglien or Morrissey making him the Jets 3rd best D but yet we should pay him 8-9 mill per to be a #1. I mean he certainly looks like hes worth that kind of money for the next 8 years in NY :sarcasm:

It is about time we are having a successful season. Last place finish here with come
The same people complaining about the losses now will complain at the end of the season when this team goes on a 10-game winning streak and finishes 8th.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
The same people complaining about the losses now will complain at the end of the season when this team goes on a 10-game winning streak and finishes 8th.
The way this is going, a 10 game winning streak at the end of the season would probably get us the 6th pick again, lol.

People complaining about the losses aren't on the tank train, just check the posts from last season. I wasn't for the tank last season, I'm not now. That being said if we pick Alexis, I wouldn't be mad.

The funny thing is that the Wings aren't even trying to tank When Pittsburg and Washington tanked, they had complete fire sales, which included trading away Jagr (both teams, lol). That's also how the Wings wound up with Robert Lang. (And the first round pick turned out to be Mike Green.) The Wings don't even have anything to sell. Pretty pathetic.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
The way this is going, a 10 game winning streak at the end of the season would probably get us the 6th pick again, lol.

People complaining about the losses aren't on the tank train, just check the posts from last season. I wasn't for the tank last season, I'm not now. That being said if we pick Alexis, I wouldn't be mad.

The funny thing is that the Wings aren't even trying to tank When Pittsburg and Washington tanked, they had complete fire sales, which included trading away Jagr (both teams, lol). That's also how the Wings wound up with Robert Lang. (And the first round pick turned out to be Mike Green.) The Wings don't even have anything to sell. Pretty pathetic.

The Wings can't have a fire sale. There are no 33 year old stars to trade.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
The Wings can't have a fire sale. There are no 33 year old stars to trade.
I know, that was my point. This team doesn't even have anything to sell. All of the guys over 30 are washed up and/or overpaid.

This team badly needs back to back lottery wins. At this point, it's all aboot the lottery, heh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad