Prospect Info: 2020 NHL draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I know, that was my point. This team doesn't even have anything to sell. All of the guys over 30 are washed up and/or overpaid.

This team badly needs back to back lottery wins. At this point, it's all aboot the lottery, heh?

Yep.
All our whining about the god damn oilers and their firsts really came back to bite us in the ass.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I saw match Mannheim vs Hradec Králové, And Stutzle looked great, He reminds me of niederreiter with better puck skills, He Is amazing skater.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Can anyone tell me about Rossi? His numbers are ridiculous
He’s pretty undersized, but got a good center of gravity and is hard to knock off the puck for his size. Really fast skater with good edge work. Has really sharp hockey sense and is one of the best in taking face offs in the entire CHL. Also real good in puck battles

I’ve been a pretty big fan of him since last season and would mind us taking him if we fell out of the lottery.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
The Guelph Storm's goalie is tearing it up (17 wins - 2.13GAA - 936 SV%)

He could be a 2nd round candidate (if he's still eligible, is he?) for the Red Wings.

Nicolas Daws at eliteprospects.com
He is getting lots of attention but I think maybe round 3. He's 2nd time eligible like Leason was. He's got the team Canada invite, so let's wait and see. I guess anything is possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mister Ed

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008

Didn't know about this guy, but that's an eye opener. Those numbers are absurd, he might rocket up the ranks if there's fire with that smoke. A lot of eyes are going to be on him the rest of the way. It seems his 5v5 numbers pale in comparison to Makar and he's simply killing it on the PP but still impressive.

Last edited:

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I absolutely love this player. They make some comparisons to various players, no mention of 13 but the breakdown of his game and highlights kind of paint that picture for me. Small but solid/high skill and IQ/creativity/defense and faceoff proficiency. I think he's top 5 for me now. Definite consideration if we're picking 4th.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Bad call IMO. Byfield is a pretty sure bet to be a 1st liner even if he isn’t a superstar. A first line C plus a Lehner or Greiss or Binnington wins you way more cups than a meh top 6 plus Lundqvist. Goalie is the easiest position to solve and the hardest to predict. It’s way too risky IMO.

Fair enough.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I absolutely love this player. They make some comparisons to various players, no mention of 13 but the breakdown of his game and highlights kind of paint that picture for me. Small but solid/high skill and IQ/creativity/defense and faceoff proficiency. I think he's top 5 for me now. Definite consideration if we're picking 4th.

Silver lining pick, but if Detroit doesn't get Lafreniere then I'll feel like this season was a huge letdown... considering all the pain we had to go through to watch this team be so bad.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Silver lining pick, but if Detroit doesn't get Lafreniere then I'll feel like this season was a huge letdown... considering all the pain we had to go through to watch this team be so bad.
I'm with you. Lafreniere or Byfield. But, yeah have to make the most of it if we pick 4/5. I think Rossi has a high upside, and I am liking him as a consolation prize. Lundell is the one that worries me as the safe pick.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I'm with you. Lafreniere or Byfield. But, yeah have to make the most of it if we pick 4/5. I think Rossi has a high upside, and I am liking him as a consolation prize. Lundell is the one that worries me as the safe pick.

As we get closer to the draft, I usually start studying these kids better. I'll probably get high on a few kids as we get there. Rossi looks appealing.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I just hope we have good luck in the lottery and I also hope Yzerman's scouting on the top of the draft is better than when in Tampa. To be fair players like Drouin Connolly Koekkoek were ranked in the territory he drafted them but they certainly never panned out enough to justify their picks

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I just hope we have good luck in the lottery and I also hope Yzerman's scouting on the top of the draft is better than when in Tampa. To be fair players like Drouin Connolly Koekkoek were ranked in the territory he drafted them but they certainly never panned out enough to justify their picks

This is an interesting point. I'm not sure if he did bad or just had bad luck. For example, in 2010 when he picked Connolly, it doesn't look like it was a very deep draft. Sure there was Skinner and Fowler, but they aren't world beaters either. Looks like Yzerman gravitated towards size with Cons being 6'3"

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Reminds me of Cammalleri.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Reminds me of Cammalleri.

His style of a game would be a huge asset for the team. He looks like a possession player and doesn't just dump the puck in, he'll reset the play while holding possession. We don't have that now. He would also really help elevate Mantha or Zadina's style of game.

The question I have about is his size. Being 5'9", would that deter Yzerman away? Looking at Y's top-10 draft history, it looks like he's had a bit of a habit drafting size. Honest question, I don't know if that is his M.O.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
His style of a game would be a huge asset for the team. He looks like a possession player and doesn't just dump the puck in, he'll reset the play while holding possession. We don't have that now. He would also really help elevate Mantha or Zadina's style of game.

The question I have about is his size. Being 5'9", would that deter Yzerman away? Looking at Y's top-10 draft history, it looks like he's had a bit of a habit drafting size. Honest question, I don't know if that is his M.O.

He prefers big d prospects. But forwards/centers he has more variance dependant on amount of skill.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
wonder if 19 let hakan make the seider pick ? and before holland or wright were making the 1st pix thusly not hakan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad