Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft Thread Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hystyk1921

Jun 17, 2015
south jersey
thank you. I look forward to seeing who you and a few others I trust want to grab...assuming we keep it.

a player and that pick could move you up a spot or two..depends on the player. I would absolutely take the pick at 23, it’s a no brainer. Now trade a player for another first rounder..now you are speaking my language!!

Reactions: Larry44

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
News to me.
Breaking-News-GIF.gif

hystyk1921

Jun 17, 2015
south jersey
Ask Paul Holmgren. I didn't hire the motherf***er.

Neither fletch or homer wouldn’t have been allowed at the practice rink in voorhees if I could take to scott for 10-15 minutes. Jury is still out on Fletcher, TBD.

It's going to be a raging inferno when f***ing Chuck hemorrhages picks over the next few weeks.

I f**king hope he doesn’t trade any of those picks. Just let the ufas walk and...
E5C897E1-A156-4CC2-B430-6EC4B3784447.jpeg

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Brock Faber is a player who I’m coming around on. What do other people think of his game? Love his skating, defending, & entry defense abilities. Passing is decent too. Not sure what he’s capable of offensively though. He’s an August birthday too

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Brock Faber is a player who I’m coming around on. What do other people think of his game? Love his skating, defending, & entry defense abilities. Passing is decent too. Not sure what he’s capable of offensively though. He’s an August birthday too

Well he certainly possesses the #1 attribute Fletcher looks for in a player...he's from Minnesota. So he's got that going for him.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site

From my upcoming 60-70 small write-ups on the draft, with my thoughts from a Flyers fan perspective:

Good skating moderately skilled RHD. He is a pretty solid penalty killer and solid in his own end. Young player with a late August birth date. He is not a real risk taker and projects to a solid bottom 4 defenseman.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
From my upcoming 60-70 small write-ups on the draft, with my thoughts from a Flyers fan perspective:

Good skating moderately skilled RHD. He is a pretty solid penalty killer and solid in his own end. Young player with a late August birth date. He is not a real risk taker and projects to a solid bottom 4 defenseman.

nice! Thanks!

I’m looking forward to your write-ups!!

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
In Corey Pronman’s recent analysis of team needs regarding the 2020 NHL Draft, he said the Flyers needed “Impact talent.” I have to agree with this analysis. As Pronman correctly points out (try saying that sober, it just doesn’t sound right as a Flyer fan – LOL) the Flyers have a lot of good organizational talent to fill in the roster of a really good competitive team. Players like Allison, Laczynsky, Bunnaman, York, Zamula, Brink and even Frost and Patrick are good prospects to play 2nd, 3rd lines and pairings, and 4th line in Bunnaman’s case, and maybe even supporting roles in the top line. They really need a high end player to take the role that Giroux held all of these years as it appears he is no longer that guy, and if he was, will not be for much longer.
The problem says Pronman is that a player like that will not likely be there at 23. He recommends taking a shot at one of those Braden Point type draft profiles, a smaller highly skilled, high IQ, player who is rated lower because of average skating, or a Russian player or a player coming off of injury. Players who readily fit those descriptions are Mavrik Bourque (who profiles a lot like Giroux), Marat Khusnutdinov (highly skilled smallish Russian center) or Rodion Amirov (who is probably gone by 23), and Hendrix Lapierre (who has top 10 talent, but injury issues that will push him into the 20’s).
This is not a bad plan in my mind, however there is a player who has superstar potential based on skill, skating, and IQ who may slide to 23. That player is Jacob Perreault. Perreault has such high end potential, that the Flyers may want to consider trading up, coupling their pick at 23 with something else, maybe a prospect, other picks, or a player like Shayne Gostisbehere who a team like Toronto or Florida would likely covet. The issue with Ghost, who is on a nice contract, is other teams will probably have to offload someone with a $2-5 million contract to fit Ghost in under the stagnant cap, and the Flyers will need space to sign their own upcoming RFAs so they cant take on a 3-4 year $2 -5 million deal.
If I am the Flyers, Perreault is who I am targeting, but realizing there will be some real talent there at 23, I would be very careful with a trade.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
I wouldn't trade up from #23. There should be a bunch of guys in the same tier available. Just pick the right one!
I agree with that, but if they want to go for a star they may need to trade up. That said, one of Perreault, Reichel, Bourque, Peterka, Gunlar, Lapierre, Khusnutdinov or maybe even Mercer will be there. All of them have really good upsides. I do worry about Khus because of Russia and our struggles with Russian prospects who did not spend a lot of years here like Provy, and Lapierre because of the injury issues, not unlike Patrick.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I agree with that, but if they want to go for a star they may need to trade up. That said, one of Perreault, Reichel, Bourque, Peterka, Gunlar, Lapierre, Khusnutdinov or maybe even Mercer will be there. All of them have really good upsides. I do worry about Khus because of Russia and our struggles with Russian prospects who did not spend a lot of years here like Provy, and Lapierre because of the injury issues, not unlike Patrick.
The only potential trade up that would make sense for me is if Seth Jarvis falls. I think he's a top 10 player, so depending on the price I would certainly entertain the thought, but even then I don't think the gap between him and a guy like Bourque or Perrault is all that much. I think they are in the same tier talent-wise but we are talking about top of the tier vs. bottom of the tier. I'm not sure, with a shortage of top 100 picks, I'd be willing to give up more picks or players to boost my odds marginally.

I think I said this before, but I think I'd be more inclined to move back a couple spots. Not too far back, but I'd like to walk out of this draft with at least close to 10 players if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad