Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
wwPdqXx.gif

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I have my own ideas, but I want to throw this out there:

What are our organizational needs heading into this draft, both by position and by qualities? @FLYguy3911 @Stizzle @Appleyard

I would love as high an end forward as possible. Swing the bat on whoever can be a 70+ point guy... there should be 1-2 available at #23.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

What are our organizational needs heading into this draft, both by position and by qualities? @FLYguy3911 @Stizzle @Appleyard
Just overall depth really. They don't really have centers and there is no obvious RHD that you can say is a regular NHLer and you can never have too many goalies, but there is a pretty clear top - Frost, Farabee (still on an ELC), York, Brink, Zamula. That's a really good four or five. But after that it's a pretty decent dropoff with guys that realistically won't be more than 4th line/3rd pair quality.

If they don't trade the pick (please) I don't see how they don't go forward. This draft is pretty deep on wingers - most of the small variety.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

Our biggest need has to be right-handed defense. We currently have Myers and a bunch of future question marks, with Niskanen at age 33.

Friedman will finally make the team this year at age 24.

After that, we're looking at Wylie, Attard, and St. Ivany in our system, and that's it. Even so, I doubt we end up with a RHD in the 1st round. As usual, high quality one's are sparse. Throw darts at a couple later in the draft and hope for the best.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Our biggest need has to be right-handed defense. We currently have Myers and a bunch of future question marks, with Niskanen at age 33.

After that, we're looking at Wylie, Attard, and St. Ivany in our system, and that's it. Even so, I doubt we end up with a RHD in the 1st round. As usual, high quality one's are sparse. Throw darts at a couple later in the draft and hope for the best.

Acquiring a top 4 RHD should allow them to trade Sanheim in a couple years, and plug in York behind Provorov. I like the way you think, Stiz. :sarcasm:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I forgot to @ you, because you have been so slack about this draft, but how would you answer the question?

Skilled, creative forwards and RHD seems like the answer. But who doesn’t want those types? I really just don’t know much about these players after the top few — I haven’t even been bothered to watch highlight videos — but I’m never overly concerned about fit. I’d take a LHD for all I care, but it seems forward heavy in at least the 1st.

I’m going to Vigneault method this draft. No research, no prior work, a blank slate; I’ll see who we end up taking and evaluate afterwards. :laugh:

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site

That means Schneider or trade down I guess. If Schneider is already off the board, which I think he is as he is arguably the number 3 defenseman in the draft (close with Ghule a season Wallander) you’re probably looking at Baron who you should still get in the early second. RHD is a scarce commodity.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
That means Schneider or trade down I guess. If Schneider is already off the board, which I think he is as he is arguably the number 3 defenseman in the draft (close with Ghule a season Wallander) you’re probably looking at Baron who you should still get in the early second. RHD is a scarce commodity.

I also expect Schneider will be off the board at 23. Let's hope we don't pass up a forward just because RHD is a need.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I'd be legitimately mad if Schneider was the pick. I want no parts of Barron. Guhle is fine but not at 23. And I'm not a draft for need guy, but you really can't justify picking him where he'd have to go.

Wallinder is the only defenseman that would be defensible for me but even he has enough holes in the profile that I can't imagine he'd be close to BPA for me.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Ted will be an angry Gus if either Schneider or Barron are the pick at 23. Neither are the smart play. Especially Barron. Woof

It’d be a delight if Perreault is still available at 23. That’d be a fun pick

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad