Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft Thread Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Should be an interesting year with no combine. No idea of who stayed in shape, who was hurt, who gave a bad interview, etc.....

As for who the Flyers draft, personally, I'd love to see Mavrik Bourque be the selection, but I certainly have no problems with Tyson Foerster, Brendan Brisson or Marat Khusnutdinov.

And maybe it's just me, but had anyone else noticed the high number of late previous year players available in this draft? Lots of October and November 2001 players that are draft eligible.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I personally wouldn't touch any of those three dmen at 23.
Not that my opinion means anything but I don't even have O'Rourke or Barron on my personal board. O'Rourke looks like a solid junior defenseman, but I have no idea what he is at the next level. He was the "#1" on that team but he takes a backseat to two undrafted defensemen on his own team in the skill department. That is kind of hard to shake for me. Granted those two are draftable talents, but still...

Barron is older. Has talent but he was both hurt and bad this year. Tough combo for a kid that will be almost 19 on draft day. Wouldn't touch him. Especially being short on picks this year.

Anyone have a rundown on Ronan Seeley?

Obviously not as a first round target, but beyond.
Young. Lean frame. Athletic. Quick first step. Good short area skater. Always keeps his feet moving. His open ice stride could use a little ironing out. Really good rush defender. I don't see a ton of offensive upside though. His puck poise isn't great in the offensive zone and I don't see a ton of creativity either. He's a pretty safe pick though in the 4th round or so. Easy to see him being a modern day 3rd pair "defensive defenseman".

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Not that my opinion means anything but I don't even have O'Rourke or Barron on my personal board. O'Rourke looks like a solid junior defenseman, but I have no idea what he is at the next level. He was the "#1" on that team but he takes a backseat to two undrafted defensemen on his own team in the skill department. That is kind of hard to shake for me. Granted those two are draftable talents, but still...

Barron is older. Has talent but he was both hurt and bad this year. Tough combo for a kid that will be almost 19 on draft day. Wouldn't touch him. Especially being short on picks this year.

Young. Lean frame. Athletic. Quick first step. Good short area skater. Always keeps his feet moving. His open ice stride could use a little ironing out. Really good rush defender. I don't see a ton of offensive upside though. His puck poise isn't great in the offensive zone and I don't see a ton of creativity either. He's a pretty safe pick though in the 4th round or so. Easy to see him being a modern day 3rd pair "defensive defenseman".
Thank you as always for your insights, always appreciate hearing from those who are actually familiar with these guys.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Players I’m familiar with (& who I like) that “may” be available in the 20-30 range:

*In no particular order of preference*
- Thomas Bordeleau (Center)
- Hendrix Lapierre (Center) ***If his health checks out***
- Jacob Perreault (Wing/Center)
- Brendan Brisson (Center)

I’m going to get more viewings in of others who may be around around in that range. Ditto players throughout the draft really.

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Players I’m familiar with (& who I like) that “may” be available in the 20-30 range:

*In no particular order of preference*
- Thomas Bordeleau (Center)
- Hendrix Lapierre (Center)
- Jacob Perreault (Wing/Center)
- Brendan Brisson (Center)

I’m going to get more viewings in of others who may be around around in that range. Ditto players throughout the draft really.
Now you're back on the Hendrix bandwagon?! Smh Ted.

I can't get a good feel on Bordeleau.

Reactions: Chinatown88

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Juuso Mäenpää or Luke Evangelista Please.

I just like the names.

Last edited:

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I'm sure this was posted previously, but man, if we got Jarvis, AV would ruin him. You see the passing to a dangerous area in the slot? Yeah, AV doesn't do that.

I will bet my right testicle he’s not available at #23

TB87

May 30, 2018
Now you're back on the Hendrix bandwagon?! Smh Ted.

I can't get a good feel on Bordeleau.

Damnit. I’m fixing the fine print on my post. Thanks for looking out!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This is now a Mavrik Bourque thread.

No.

tenor.gif

hystyk1921

Jun 17, 2015
south jersey
REALLY want us to nab Reichel. Probably too much, because I am going to be disappointed when we don't.

plenty of talent where the flyers pick. I have my favorites and who I would like to have. Bourque has potential to be a top player, just inconsistent at times. If he doesn’t hit his peak a 3rd liner at worst. aim for Players with higher ceilings. I do like his skill and speed, just more effort in his game. He struggles the team struggles that sort of thing.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

TB87

May 30, 2018
Philadelphia Flyers DraftProspects 9/7/20 Simulation:

33: Jacob Perreault (W/C)
51: Theodor Niederbach (C)
53: Daniel Torgersson (LW/RW)
66: Brock Faber (RHD)
115: Ronan Seeley (LHD)
146: Pavel Gogolev (LW)
152: Samuel Johannesson (RHD)
154: Oliver Tarnstrom (C)
159: Devon Levi (G)
161: Zach Uens (LHD)
177: Leo Loof (LHD)
183: Albert Lyckasen (RHD)
201: Stanislav Rangayev (LW)
208: Benjamin Baumgartner (C)

**PHI traded pick 23 to ANA for picks 27, 66, & 159**

**PHI traded pick 27 to DAL for picks 29, 152, 161, & 183**

**PHI traded pick 29 to OTT for picks 33, 51, & 154**

I’d prefer that they stock up on a bunch of picks in this draft. Adding more darts for the dartboard is the smart play

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Philadelphia Flyers DraftProspects 9/7/20 Simulation:

33: Jacob Perreault (W/C)
51: Theodor Niederbach (C)
53: Daniel Torgersson (LW/RW)
66: Brock Faber (RHD)
115: Ronan Seeley (LHD)
146: Pavel Gogolev (LW)
152: Samuel Johannesson (RHD)
154: Oliver Tarnstrom (C)
159: Devon Levi (G)
161: Zach Uens (LHD)
177: Leo Loof (LHD)
183: Albert Lyckasen (RHD)
201: Stanislav Rangayev (LW)
208: Benjamin Baumgartner (C)

**PHI traded pick 23 to ANA for picks 27, 66, & 159**

**PHI traded pick 27 to DAL for picks 29, 152, 161, & 183**

**PHI traded pick 29 to OTT for picks 33, 51, & 154**

I’d prefer that they stock up on a bunch of picks in this draft. Adding more darts for the dartboard is the smart play
All those picks and you couldn't manage a single Egor or Emil, smh.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad