12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Sans trades
draft 1.PNG

Con trades
draft2.PNG

draft22.PNG

I feel like their ranking is a little flawed but oh well, still fun.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Anyone read the EliteProspects Draft Guide yet? I skipped to the do not draft portion for kicks and the report on Mukhamadulin is filled with non-stop hilarity. I’m on the EP scouts side in thinking that I have no idea what the rest of the scouting industry sees in that player besides: “He can skate & he big.” He can’t do anything else remotely well

Reactions: Appleyard

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
He's small and people don't like his skating so he's ranked #202...for North American skaters. Meanwhile the guy that gets abused 1-on-1 every game is gonna go in the top 3 rounds.

He's not even that small... Does he lack superhuman skating that is "necessary" for relatively small players?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He's not even that small... Does he lack superhuman skating that is "necessary" for relatively small players?
Shorter players generally have shorter strides which means they usually have to have electric feet to be impact skaters (think Sam Girard). But it's not like he can't pick them up and put them down when he wants to.

FearfulHardAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-size_restricted.gif

"Skating issues" can sometimes be more pace related than actual foot speed related. I wouldn't call him a great skater or anything and sometimes being a great skater is a necessity for a 5'9 defenseman, but I think it's good enough because of his puck skills and his ability to play fast through puck distribution. He's one of the best passers and playmakers in the class. I'm always willing to bet on defensemen that can pass. I've heard mixed reviews on his gap control, but I think it's been pretty damn good in my viewings.

Reactions: wankstifier

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Reichel
Niederbach
Kaiser
Sebrango
Cotton

Just pick anyone I took in the mock draft so I can be vindicated.

(Goes without saying that I've never actually seen a single one of these players play before)

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I believe they will have 23rd unless they make up the rules on the fly again. Could have been 22nd if Vancouver beat Vegas which would have bumped the Devils pick to the end of the round.

1 NY Rangers
2 LA
3 Ottawa via San Jose
4 Detroit
5 Ottawa
6 Anaheim
7 NJ
8 Buffalo
9 Minnesota
10 Winnipeg
11 Nashville
12 Florida