2020 NHL Draft Thread: only 365 more days until next years hockey tryouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Most places have him listed as LW, but he certainly has the skill to play center. I don't think it's fair to put him at a McDavid or Crosby level, but he's probably in a tier below them and above Eichel/Matthews as a prospect. I have no hesitation in saying he will be a 100 point player. He put up numbers better than McDavid in his draft-2 season and similar numbers to McDavid in his draft-1.
Here's an interesting quote from the guru. Sure talks like he knows plenty about Lafrienierre's game

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Here's an interesting quote from the guru. Sure talks like he knows plenty about Lafrienierre's game

Yeah, I've been following him for a couple years now. He's played LW a lot longer than that though.

This is a really weird hill for you to die on.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Hypothetically, if we end up with the 3rd overall pick, and Lafrenière and Byfield are gone.
Who would you want us to pick?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hypothetically, if we end up with the 3rd overall pick, and Lafrenière and Byfield are gone.

Right now, Raymond. Could change next month. Could definitely change by the draft. Lundell could be a Bergeron/Barkov type Selke center, (probably without Barkov's offensive upside, but I don't think Barkov was supposed to have Barkov's offensive upside either so who really knows).

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
For me right now, in this teams current position, I pick the guy with the highest offensive ceiling, and I believe that guy is Raymond @ 3. Like @AKL said, a lot can change, but right now I think Raymond would be the best bet for being a line driver who creates offence out of nothing at an elite level. Holtz is in there to, but I don’t think he’s as creative. Stutzle could push for it, his numbers are great, but I haven’t seen him outside of highlights.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I would take Lundell. Seems like a Koivu/Bergeron/Kopitar/Toews kind of player Wouldn't be upset with either of Raymond or Holtz.
Assuming that one of the remaining 4 isn't on another tier than the others, probably a center (Lundell or Perfetti).
Bob Mackenzie has a report that a lot of scouts think Perfetti is destined to be a winger in the NHL. He has played both wing and center in the OHL.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think an equally as good question is, seemingly there is a drop-off after #6 in this draft... if we pick #7 do you pull the trigger on the Russian goalie?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think an equally as good question is, seemingly there is a drop-off after #6 in this draft... if we pick #7 do you pull the trigger on the Russian goalie?

Who are the first 6 taken, in your scenario? Then I'll tell you who I'd take.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Are you assuming the top 6 are Lafreniere, Byfield, Raymond, Holtz, Lundell, and Perfetti? I would take Stutzle at 7. I think it would be a poor choice for Minnesota to use their first top 10 pick since 2012 on a goalie.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Here’s a highlight video of Lundell:

He’s putting up great numbers In Finland for his Age. That being said, I don’t see high-end skill. His highlight reel almost puts me to sleep. I think he’d be a great Koivu replacement, but I can’t stomach this year being maybe our best opportunity to get high end talent in a long time and not shooting for a type of player we’ve never had.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

He’s putting up great numbers In Finland for his Age. That being said, I don’t see high-end skill. His highlight reel almost puts me to sleep. I think he’d be a great Koivu replacement, but I can’t stomach this year being maybe our best opportunity to get high end talent in a long time and not shooting for a type of player we’ve never had.

What type of player have we never had?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

My assumption is that he's on the same tier as the others. If he's not, then I wouldn't take him just because he's a center. If it's a decision between Marner and Monahan, for example, then I'd absolutely take the winger.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
You would like to get a another pick in the teens this year, and hope that Askarov(sp?) is there to be taken.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Seems like Lafrenierre, Byfield, Holtz, Raymond, Lundell and Perfetti are a relatively consistent top 6, as of now.

I'd be looking into in Stutzle, Zary, Gunler at that point. I hesitate to take a goalie that high when this team desperately needs offense. Even if the goalie is seemingly a can't miss prospect. I'd take a potential star forward and take my chances with Robson, Kahkonen, Jones.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You would like to get a another pick in the teens this year, and hope that Askarov(sp?) is there to be taken.

Knight went 13. I don't see Askarov falling past that.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'd be looking into in Stutzle, Zary, Gunler at that point. I hesitate to take a goalie that high when this team desperately needs offense. Even if the goalie is seemingly a can't miss prospect. I'd take a potential star forward and take my chances with Robson, Kahkonen, Jones.

As do I. I definitely wasn't a fan of some of the Spencer Knight talk before the 2019 draft. But that's because the draft was pretty deep. If this one isn't, it changes the equation a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad