2020 NHL Draft Thread: only 365 more days until next years hockey tryouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
So does Eriksson Ek, apparently.

What a weird fight to pick.
I didn't pick the fight. I asked a question. A question that you apparrently can't answer, but didn't let it stop you from jumping into a discussion that you clearly don't understand.

Let me try a different angle- Can you name a winger in the NHL that could/should be playing center and there isn't an obvious reason why they are not doing so?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I didn't pick the fight. I asked a question. A question that you apparrently can't answer, but didn't let it stop you from jumping into a discussion that you clearly don't understand.

Let me try a different angle- Can you name a winger in the NHL that could/should be playing center and there isn't an obvious reason why they are not doing so?

What exactly does this have to do with anything? I don't think anyone claimed Laf could/would/should be a center in the NHL.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
What exactly does this have to do with anything? I don't think anyone claimed Laf could/would/should be a center in the NHL.
I asked why he wasn't playing center in juniors and nobody could answer the question.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I asked why he wasn't playing center in juniors and nobody could answer the question.

Because some players are wingers, I don't know what other answer you're looking for. Probably for the same reason Dubnyk didn't play center in juniors, same reason Matt Tkachuk, Mark Stone, Patrick Kane, Alex Ovechkin, Mikko Rantanen, Kaapo Kakko, Andrei Svechnikov, David Pastrnak and more didn't play center in juniors.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Because some players are wingers, I don't know what other answer you're looking for. Probably for the same reason Dubnyk didn't play center in juniors, same reason Matt Tkachuk, Mark Stone, Patrick Kane, Alex Ovechkin, Mikko Rantanen, Kaapo Kakko, Andrei Svechnikov, David Pastrnak and more didn't play center in juniors.
Most of those guys did play center in juniors

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Somebody expressed the fact that they liked the consensus prospective #1 pick in the 2020 draft. It somehow ruffled your feathers. It’s a weird fight to pick over an innocuous phrase.

The fact that he’s a wing doesn’t make him a lesser prospect. Just like it didn’t make Ovechkin lesser than Malkin.

Not a single one of those players played center in juniors. Kane played the middle in the nhl for a minute, but not in juniors.

And out of necessity, not choice.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Somebody expressed the fact that they liked the consensus prospective #1 pick in the 2020 draft. It somehow ruffled your feathers. It’s a weird fight to pick over an innocuous phrase.

The fact that he’s a wing doesn’t make him a lesser prospect. Just like it didn’t make Ovechkin lesser than Malkin.

And out of necessity, not choice.
I never said any of what you're claiming. How lost can you be? There are no ruffled feathers. There's no thought that he's somehow a lesser prospect. There's no fight here. All there is, and all there has ever been, was ONE SIMPLE f***ING QUESTION. WHY IS LAFRIENIERE PLAYING ON THE WING? You would think with all the draft experts we have on this board, it wouldn't be such an event to ask that question?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I never said any of what you're claiming. How lost can you be? There are no ruffled feathers. There's no thought that he's somehow a lesser prospect. There's no fight here. All there is, and all there has ever been, was ONE SIMPLE ****ING QUESTION. WHY IS LAFRIENIERE PLAYING ON THE WING? You would think with all the draft experts we have on this board, it wouldn't be such an event to ask that question?

If I ever meet him, I'll ask him for you.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I never said any of what you're claiming. How lost can you be? There are no ruffled feathers. There's no thought that he's somehow a lesser prospect. There's no fight here. All there is, and all there has ever been, was ONE SIMPLE ****ING QUESTION. WHY IS LAFRIENIERE PLAYING ON THE WING? You would think with all the draft experts we have on this board, it wouldn't be such an event to ask that question?

Why is not playing center a knock? Why does it matter?

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
And you still have no idea what the conversation is about.
If you really want an answer I'm sure he probably started playing on the wing as a kid and thought "wow, I'm really good at this". Considering he hasn't played center in a game since 2015 LW is probably his best position right now. I don't know why you're creating a straw-man that we're draft experts. We're not. We're on the internet.

That being said I still think it's really funny that you think players such as Kane aren't considered a "total package". Not gonna fight it but I think it's hilarious.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
If you really want an answer I'm sure he probably started playing on the wing as a kid and thought "wow, I'm really good at this". Considering he hasn't played center in a game since 2015 LW is probably his best position right now. I don't know why you're creating a straw-man that we're draft experts. We're not. We're on the internet.

That being said I still think it's really funny that you think players such as Kane aren't considered a "total package". Not gonna fight it but I think it's hilarious.
Why doesn't Kane play center in the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad