GDT: 2020 NHL Draft Thread - October 6-7: Should we expect mayhem?

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
With Beecher and Studnicka and maybe even Curtis Hall up the middle for the future, the B's may not need a huge #1C. Rossi could be a really nice compliment to Pastrnak and Marchand (or Marchand's future replacement).

The only real question is whether Rossi will fall that far. I doubt it.

And if Rossi is not available, another interesting prospect is Mavrik Bourque, a right shot center playing on the top line for Shawinigan, a very young and skilled team that is wreaking havoc in the Q.

He earned prospect of the month for November 2019 and looks like he is quickly gaining attention from scouts. Under the Microscope | NHL Prospect of November: Mavrik Bourque – LHJMQ He's currently #7 in scoring in the Q at age 17. I like the comparisons to Konecnyt, who, to the chagrin of Bruins fans, has been the most consistent player for Philadelphia this year.

I would take a Konecny-style player on the Bruins in a heartbeat if he was available. So, I will be keeping an eye on Mavrik Bourque.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Team Red.PNG
Team White.PNG

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
It would be outstanding if we could trade up for once. Let go of a legit asset and try for a grade A asset, especially after this season which is one step closer to make or break.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i like brendan brisson from the steel (USHL). son of superagent pat. skilled left shot
center/winger, trending up with some really nice stats this year. ryan hardy is the
GM of the steel, he was on the boston staff prior to that. assume that means they
have a decent book on brisson (on top of what they see for themselves).

Reactions: Saxon Eric

BruinsNetwork

I find it difficult to imagine the Bruins drafting a defenceman in the first round considering the depth they have, but man, this guy is intriguing and climbing fast.

I know @BruinsNetwork will like him because he plays for the Greyhounds and @Fenian24 (and others) because of his nasty. And really, he's what the Bruins look for to be honest with you.

Ryan O’Rourke – Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds – Player Profile

Already a fan! Both him and Pytlik would make fine additions to Boston one day. O’Rourke is quite mean and definitely a bit unhinged at times.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

BruinsNetwork

It would be outstanding if we could trade up for once. Let go of a legit asset and try for a grade A asset, especially after this season which is one step closer to make or break.

Just doesn’t really happen much in the NHL.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I want this guy. He's probably going to fall only because he's 5'9" but he plays like he's 6' tall.

Maybe NHL GM's have learned their lesson by watching Alex DeBrincat the last couple of years. History says probably not. But this kid is better then DeBrincat in every category. He's moving up, but many think size will drop him to a late first, maybe even early second.

Has #1 center NHL potential.

OHL’s Draft Eligible Statistical Leaders as of December
hey Dom, got an EliteProspects link? I can't view the ohlwriters site at work :(

it sounds like Frederic is developing into a useful player but man a part of me still wishes they'd drafted DeBrincat in that spot. The Bruins really need an infusion of talent in their system.

Reactions: Lo97

HellFish89

Sep 28, 2018
Still a long way to go, but I see Lapierre slipping to a place there's no way he sould be hockey wise, because of his concussions. He's a top 10 talent, a really good center with a 2oo feets game. He's health represent a huge risk (thus why he'll fall) but I would be encline to take the risk. He represent everything the Bruins will need in their roster in the next few years and he's a prize that would never ever be available for the Bruins if there's no health consern.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
hey Dom, got an EliteProspects link? I can't view the ohlwriters site at work :(

it sounds like Frederic is developing into a useful player but man a part of me still wishes they'd drafted DeBrincat in that spot. The Bruins really need an infusion of talent in their system.

No I don't. I didn't even know Elite Prospects broke stats down by draft eligibility. I do my own stat tracking.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
I find it difficult to imagine the Bruins drafting a defenceman in the first round considering the depth they have, but man, this guy is intriguing and climbing fast.

I know @BruinsNetwork will like him because he plays for the Greyhounds and @Fenian24 (and others) because of his nasty. And really, he's what the Bruins look for to be honest with you.

Ryan O’Rourke – Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds – Player Profile

Depth....? Mid to bottom pairing depth.

If a top line player is there at any spot, grab them.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Don't completely agree with this mock draft, but Brisson to the Bruins I could get behind, although he's heading to the NCAA so he's a few years away. Foerster I wouldn't mind either.

NHL Mock Draft: Lafreniere and the rest - ProHockeyTalk | NBC Sports
After reading this I was really disappointed with it. I think Lafreniere has a chance to be a generational player. Second he made a simple grammar mistake when talking about the 2nd pick. At the same time that spot is Byfield's to lose and he hasn't done anything in my opinion to lose that spot. And finally the fact that Hendrix Lapierre isn't even in the first round seems questionable.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
After reading this I was really disappointed with it. I think Lafreniere has a chance to be a generational player. Second he made a simple grammar mistake when talking about the 2nd pick. At the same time that spot is Byfield's to lose and he hasn't done anything in my opinion to lose that spot. And finally the fact that Hendrix Lapierre isn't even in the first round seems questionable.

if anyone mentioned this in august they'd be sent for an evaluation. but he's apparently
had 3 concussions over an 8 month span, and continues to slip in the rankings. i don't
think it's so crazy anymore to think he may not go in the 1st round. we'll see what happens
over the next few months.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
if anyone mentioned this in august they'd be sent for an evaluation. but he's apparently
had 3 concussions over an 8 month span, and continues to slip in the rankings. i don't
think it's so crazy anymore to think he may not go in the 1st round. we'll see what happens
over the next few months.
Yea I know about that but he is considered a top 10 talent. Even with those injuries I highly doubt he drops out of the first round. Personally I hope the bruins draft him.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Still a long way to go, but I see Lapierre slipping to a place there's no way he sould be hockey wise, because of his concussions. He's a top 10 talent, a really good center with a 2oo feets game. He's health represent a huge risk (thus why he'll fall) but I would be encline to take the risk. He represent everything the Bruins will need in their roster in the next few years and he's a prize that would never ever be available for the Bruins if there's no health consern.

This sell the farm to get the cup and then do what it takes to draft him in the summer.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Still need high end centers and high end scorers. Those kinds of guys are pretty rare where the Bruins are going to draft, but then again Kaliyev wasn't supposed to be available at 30 last year.

Reactions: Lo97

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Tyler Kleven D US NDP 6'4 201
He's mean almost sinister...and can play the modern game
He's ranked anywhere from the low 20s to mid 40s
Headed to North Dakota
Only downside and its minimal is he's a lefty

Reactions: sarge88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad