GDT: 2020 NHL Draft Thread - October 6-7: Should we expect mayhem?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I'm intrigued. Definitely a memorable name!

Wisdom reminds me a lot of Noel Acciari - both C/RWs, same height, similar weight, same shortish but really solid build, looks strong and tough to knock off a puck, both very good in tight around the net. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders and if he can bring Acciari's toughness and selflessness with a higher offensive upside and better hands, then he could be a very good player for the Bruins. Provided he ticks all the necessary boxes when Sweeney and co. do their due diligence, I'd be pretty happy if Boston could land him in the draft.

A bit of Lucic in this kid. Me likey, me likey a lot.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

aguineapig

Kerins:

Does all the little things. Good shot that can beat a goaltender with a high shooting percentage, but even at 5'10 drives the net and scores his share of the dirty goals. Excellent on faceoffs. Plays in all situations. Superb work ethic. I'll have him in the high 20's in the OHL, which would put him as a late third, early fourth round pick.

Rory Kerins – Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds – Player Profile

Valade:

Exceptional speed, from 0 to top speed in a flash and a remarkable separation gear. Very good shot, accomplished two-way game. Didn't get a lot of pp time and that might have hurt his numbers. Head and hands need to catch up to his feet. I'm probably putting him in the sixth round, maybe seventh.

Reid Valade – Kitchener Rangers – Player Profile

Honestly, the more I go back and re-watch video, the more I am beginning to like Logan Morrison in the seventh.

Logan Morrison – Hamilton Bulldogs – Player Profile
I'm Roarin' for Rory!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad