NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It’s opening up while moving forward. It’s only the last few years and he ever heard it called the Mohawk, and it’s only been on the internet, I’ve never heard it at the rink.
I think its a figure skating term. A kid I played with in like peewee could do that around a circle on his outer edges leaning backwards... A bunch of us tried it with out much success :laugh:.. If you can do it without skipping a beat with the puck its pretty advantageous to view the rink.. Not everyone can do it but some kids do it pretty naturally. I'm sure if you spent time figure skating it would be a must skill

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
People are sleeping on Raymond on account of the fact he's playing in the SHL at 17, and not getting much icetime at that.

He rounds out the top 3 picks pretty nicely for me. Would be thrilled to end up with him even if we missed out on Byfield and Lafreniere.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think its a figure skating term. A kid I played with in like peewee could do that around a circle on his outer edges leaning backwards... A bunch of us tried it with out much success :laugh:.. If you can do it without skipping a beat with the puck its pretty advantageous to view the rink.. Not everyone can do it but some kids do it pretty naturally. I'm sure if you spent time figure skating it would be a must skill

My wife's nephew learned to skate along with his sister figure skating, he's been the best skater on his hockey team for the last 3 or 4 yrs along with being their highest scorer & he's a little guy ... oh wait ... they are all little their still quite young. :laugh:

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Tag Bertuzzi, son of Todd Bertuzzi, is a second year overage draft eligible that could be a good target for the Sens in the mid to late rounds. In the OHL this season he has 2G and 2 A for 4 PTS in 7 GP.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

Carter Savoie now has 13 G and 10 A for 23 PTS in 10 GP in the AJHL this season. His points per game production last season was 1.3 and this season it is currently 2.3.
His high level of intelligence is on full display post-entry when you’ll see Savoie drive the net, creating speed and separation for himself and either deliver a quality cross ice pass or get a good shot on net. The acceleration in his first few strides with the puck allows him to separate out of congested areas of the ice or evade pressure, and his stick and pucks skill makes him dangerous from anywhere in the offensive zone, especially in odd man situations.

Despite having a high-level offensive skill set, Savoie is also able to excel in all other aspects of the game. “Carter plays physical, he finishes checks, he’s good in his own end,” states Manah.

Another skill set that Savoie uses to his advantage is his ability to effectively use of angles to pressure his opponents on the forecheck. On multiple occasions a night Savoie will put the opposing teams defencemen into a panic by using positive angles to take away their time, space, and passing options.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Dylan Holloway is ranked in the top 10 by several scouting services, and he had 88P in 53GP for 1.66 PPG at the same age (he's a late birthday, 2001 born).

I haven't seen him play, but Savoie produced significantly better than Holloway as a 16YR old in the AJHL, and is now doing the same as a 17YR old, so it seems curious why he's ranked significantly lower for the most part.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Dylan Holloway is ranked in the top 10 by several scouting services, and he had 88P in 53GP for 1.66 PPG at the same age (he's a late birthday, 2001 born).

I haven't seen him play, but Savoie produced significantly better than Holloway as a 16YR old in the AJHL, and is now doing the same as a 17YR old, so it seems curious why he's ranked significantly lower for the most part.

What’s crazy is Carter has a younger brother Matthew - who’s getting even crazier hype.

Some articles have him in the same class as Crosby and MacKinnon for his age. Hes not draft eligible until 2021.

Carter this year and Matthew next. :naughty:

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
What’s crazy is Carter has a younger brother Matthew - who’s getting even crazier hype.

Some articles have him in the same class as Crosby and MacKinnon for his age. Hes not draft eligible until 2021.

Carter this year and Matthew next. :naughty:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
There is no chance in hell that the sens finish anywhere but the basement of the division. Detroit is a WAY WAY WAY better team, their first line is one of the best in the league.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
People are sleeping on Raymond on account of the fact he's playing in the SHL at 17, and not getting much icetime at that.

He rounds out the top 3 picks pretty nicely for me. Would be thrilled to end up with him even if we missed out on Byfield and Lafreniere.

Not sure who is sleeping on him. By most accounts I've seen he's third behind the big two. I could see Holtz or Stützle challenge him for that spot though.

Holtz has been the better player than Raymond in the SHL so far this young season. Both are playing mostly in bottom six roles for very good teams. And Stützle has already been an impact player in a strong German pro league.

Those look like the top five right now to me. But I could easily see Askarov in the mix too.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
There is no chance in hell that the sens finish anywhere but the basement of the division. Detroit is a WAY WAY WAY better team, their first line is one of the best in the league.

Yup. Detroit could really surprise this year. That top line is just so good. Colorado and Dallas won playoff rounds last year mostly on the strength of one line. If Cholowski and Hronek have good years I could see Detroit in the mix for a playoff spot.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Here's an article on the athletic (a couple years old now) about the Mohawk technique for anyone who is interested. There's the clip of that nightmare goal by Pittsburgh where Crosby just toys with the entire team. you can see how it opens him up to a few different options while protecting the puck from Spezza. I've mostly only seen it when circling the net or gaining the offensive zone, which is why its pretty cool that Stranges uses it when he's regrouping in the neutral zone

Jeff Skinner, Jeremy Bracco and the art of the mohawk

ijif

Dec 20, 2018
Not sure who is sleeping on him. By most accounts I've seen he's third behind the big two. I could see Holtz or Stützle challenge him for that spot though.

Holtz has been the better player than Raymond in the SHL so far this young season. Both are playing mostly in bottom six roles for very good teams. And Stützle has already been an impact player in a strong German pro league.

Those look like the top five right now to me. But I could easily see Askarov in the mix too.

Yup, if anyone is getting slept on, it's Stutzle.
I had him at #3 before the seasons started.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
How many first rounders do we have this upcoming draft; ours plus SJS?

Yeah, had Duchene re signed with Columbus they would have had 3. Getting a late first and Abramov only for Duchene was terrible asset management. If they knew he was going to Nashville why accept something conditional on them re-signing him...

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Yeah, had Duchene re signed with Columbus they would have had 3. Getting a late first and Abramov only for Duchene was terrible asset management. If they knew he was going to Nashville why accept something conditional on them re-signing him...

Thanks. Let's hope SJS continues to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad