NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion - PART XI [We got 3-5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
i dont know i was really just picking a pkayer who would be appropriate in trading.. a guy who maybe a team is falling out of love with, a team close to the cap. him or sergachev. you gotta think we inquire about sergachev. and that would allow us to take two forewards in the top 5

Sergachev I would certainly consider. He's likely a better player than what you would get with the pick.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
This would shock me, personally.

But he's really rocketed up recently in evaluations.
McKegg is very high on Sanderson, has him 3rd, has Drysdale at 6.

He’s generally one of the best at predicting where guys go, though I don’t think that they will take Sanderson. I think it’s Perfetti, Rossi then Sanderson for them, and neither of those guys will be gone yet.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
McKegg is very high on Sanderson, has him 3rd. Interestingly enough, he has Drysdale at #12 and had the Sens taking him, so he’s likely not just going by his rankings.

He’s generally one of the best at predicting where guys go, though I don’t think that they will take Sanderson. I think it’s Perfetti, Rossi then Sanderson for them, and neither of those guys will be gone yet.
12 jeez.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Get Sergachev and Nylander in trades, pick whoever at 3 and 5 this year. Then we're good to start the year?

The last 35 posts were AWESOME.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Dubas would be insane to trade Nylander.

I'd trade Marner before I'd trade Nylander. You can't have two franchise centres and then pay a winger like a franchise centre.
well lets just say i would trade the isles pick for marner lol

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
anyone watch any Topi Niemela? came across some nice reviews of the guy. watching some iso vids. im starting to round out my second round wishlist. dont know why i bother were going to take guys none of us have ever heard of in that round anyway

Reactions: Sensators

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Melnyk would have to wash a lot of cars to cover that salary.
were getting to the point where we have to pay people. like chabot tkatchuk are the only guys past next year making real money.. i expect brown batherson brannstrom formenton duclair to all get bridges. since none of them have done anyting to comand serious coin

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
i thought Rossi was 5'7. hes 5'9 that aint that bad. and he's Spooky Thicc so i dont know guys maybe we take him. imagine we take him and he grows like 2 inches or even 1.5? Thats the jackpot

Reactions: HSF

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
JT Miller type deal makes a lot of sense

Miller was 26 when traded. Someone of that calibre , age I would have no issues trading for.
I like the Canucks deal for him .. A 3rd (2019) and a conditional 1st based on making the playoffs. If they didn't the pick was pushed.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Dubas would be insane to trade Nylander.

I'd trade Marner before I'd trade Nylander. You can't have two franchise centres and then pay a winger like a franchise centre.

Leaf fans feel the complete opposite of this. All the ones I've spoken with want to keep Marner and deal Nylander

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Garrioch seems convinced that we will use the Isles pick to trade for an NHL ready body.

I think we move it to Tampa in a package for one of their big RFAs. Sergachev is a guy we've been attached to at different times. If I recall, we tried to move up to get him in his draft year, and his name always seemed to float out there during the Karlsson stuff. Cirelli has ties to DJ Smith.

What a f***ing waste. Why? WHY?

I get that the pick is valuable because of the depth of the draft, but we aren't going anywhere any time soon.

We pick up a guy so that we have to pay him buckets of money by the time his contract is up and we actually are competitive?

Why did we trade Stone then? Bizarre.

It's like he doesn't know if we're in a rebuild or not.

We should have kept Stone, but I don't think the two things are mutually exclusive. Stone required signing bonuses and a NMC. He also required a contract that would take him into his mid 30's. I am not saying I think he is going to fall off, but with all the talk about the Senators trying to get "creative" with shorter term contracts, it seems very much like they didn't want to commit 8 years to Stone.

NHL player is vague. I'd like to think if we move that 1st, we're poaching an RFA in their early 20's who another team cannot afford under the salary cap. Again, someone like Sergachev or Cirelli, who is likely better than what the prospect we'll get in that spot is likely to turn out as on average.

Now, I wonder if that changes depending on where the pick lands. Right now it is 21st overall, but if the Islanders lose, it will be anywhere from 13th-15th. Given the way this draft has been described by Dorion, he sees a wide tier between picks 4 and 12. That means if we have a pick in the 13-15 range, we could be looking at getting a player we view as a top 10 talent, without even moving up. If it works out that way, I wonder if we hold on to the pick.

Ultimately, I think we'll move both New York Islanders picks, and another 2nd or 3rd for either Sergachev or Cirelli. That's just a guess though. It would make the Pageau trade look pretty nice.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Garrioch seems convinced that we will use the Isles pick to trade for an NHL ready body.

If the Isles win their play-in series and the pick ends up being in the 20-30 range, I bet we'll see it moved for Kapanen.

Young top 9 forward previously coached by DJ with a front-loaded deal. Unfortunate cap casualty for Toronto that they deal to gain cap space and replace the 1st they gave up to get rid of Marleau.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
If the Isles win their play-in series and the pick ends up being in the 20-30 range, I bet we'll see it moved for Kapanen.

Young top 9 forward previously coached by DJ with a front-loaded deal. Unfortunate cap casualty for Toronto that they deal to gain cap space and replace the 1st they gave up to get rid of Marleau.

Ok that's a deal I'd make with a pick sitting 20+.

I'm sure PD would mess it up and add in an additional 2nd or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad