NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion - PART XI [We got 3-5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I wonder if teams think perfettii can play C at the next level

I've really gotten cold feet the more I watch Perfetti.

Perimeter player with size concerns , hes not great at battling for the puck and his skating is average. I dont like his compete.

He has sick hands and vision but a ton of other red flags for me. I hope Detroit takes him at 4.

And to answer your question, no I think hes a winger at the NHL level

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
Maybe it’s just me and my own bias (I think we need to bolster our top end talent at forward, especially down the middle more than anything else), but I don’t think Drysdale or Sanderson are BPA at 3 or 5. I hope we get 2 of Byfield, Stutzle, Raymond, Rossi with those picks.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
And for as much as I've crapped all over Sanderson, the more I study him the more I like him.

Hes not going to be a real sexy pick by any means, but hes simply solid. Guaranteed to he a top 4 guy. Hes a guy who at the end of the night will have played 25+ minutes against the opposing teams top line and on your pk. The guy that's on the ice in the final minute of a game as we protect the lead.

Like others have mentioned, Suter and maybe Jaybo are guys that quietly go about their business but are hugely important to their teams success.

I have him battling Holtz now for the 6th spot in my rankings.

Laf
Stutzle
Byfield
Drysdale
Raymond
Holtz
Sanderson
Rossi
Perfetti / Quinn / Lundell (doing a deeper dive)

Last edited:

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Some positive news on junior hockey. The NAHL is planning on running its combine and initiating training camps in July.
NAHL issues return to play statement and update
2020 NAHL Combines begin in one week

The NAHL has a player transfer agreement with the USHL and USA Hockey. If the USHL, USNTDP and NCAA have their training camps/seasons delayed maybe some of those prospects will join the NAHL for the time being.

Depending on how this goes it could be a positive sign for the CHL and USHL returning to play.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Maybe it’s just me and my own bias (I think we need to bolster our top end talent at forward, especially down the middle more than anything else), but I don’t think Drysdale or Sanderson are BPA at 3 or 5. I hope we get 2 of Byfield, Stutzle, Raymond, Rossi with those picks.

Yes to Byfield and Stutzle, but no to Raymond and Rossi.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I watched as much tape as I could find and Drysdale easily the better transition player and more fluid player up ice. He has the puck a lot. Drysdale plays like Keith or Josi. IQ beasts who read the play through positioning and composure.

Sanderson though is more cerebral but incredibly efficient when he does have it. Sanderson is like a cross between Doughty and Jovanovski for me; closer to the latter. Defensive first guys who have a lot of offensive tools when necessary and excellent skaters.

I been watching a lot of tape almost all of today too and Rossi definitely ahead of Perfetti. Perfetti will be a winger in the NHL level. He plays smaller than Rossi so that’ll have to change if he wants to be a Kucherov instead of a Comrie/Stillman.

Raymond is most franchise calibre player, imo, after the top 3. He does everything stupendously well. He’s also a big time performer in the clutch. Getting really outmuscled in the SHL this year is why he’s not battling Stutzle and Byfield for 2nd overall.

If anyone has more tape of any of these guys that I can watch please sent it my way.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

Link to the roster: 2020 National Junior Team Sport Chek Summer Showcase Roster
2020 draft eligible prospects:
Defense:
Justin Barron, Jamie Drysdale, Kaiden Guhle, Ryan O'Rourke, Braden Schneider

Forwards:

Mavrik Bourque, Quinton Byfield, Jack Finley, Tyson Foerster, Ridly Greg, Dylan Holloway, Seth Jarvis, Alexis Lafreniere, Dawson Mercer, Cole Perfetti, Jacob Perreault, Jack Quinn, Connor Zary

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Raymond is most franchise calibre player, imo, after the top 3. He does everything stupendously well. He’s also a big time performer in the clutch. Getting really outmuscled in the SHL this year is why he’s not battling Stutzle and Byfield for 2nd overall.

Yup. Raymond has elite level IQ and play making and could be considered to be in that same tier if he played in the CHL.

His problem is weight, not height. It's fixable. He's not super short like Rossi, but he's far skinnier right now and needs to put on weight bad. He's listed at only 170lbs as a 5'11 kid, while Rossi is listed at 5'9, 183lbs. He shouldn't have been playing against men this year.

He's pretty much a Marner clone IMO. I wonder how Marner would have fared playing against men at 17 in his draft year, and I wonder what kind of numbers Raymond would have this year if he played on a stacked CHL team.

He should be our pick at 5, but I doubt he will be. Sens staff generally passes on players like him.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What’s everyone’s best case scenario for islanders pick ? I mean besides a trade up to 11 for your favorite falling prospect. I’m talking about that 3rd and 4th tier of guys like Jarvis forester gunler holloway guhle perrault etc.

I really like Holloway and think he’s a dorion type player.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
What’s everyone’s best case scenario for islanders pick ? I mean besides a trade up to 11 for your favorite falling prospect. I’m talking about that 3rd and 4th tier of guys like Jarvis forester gunler holloway guhle perrault etc.

I really like Holloway and think he’s a dorion type player.

Mercer no doubt for me. IMO he’s just outside of that top 10 tier and can be a mid draft steal. Excellent player. I’d be shocked if he passes 15.

Mercer
Gunler
Zary

I’d put Holloway after those guys, probably on par with Jarvis. I didn’t watch too much of Jarvis but when I did I left wanting more for the next level. I also can’t speak for the others you mentioned I haven’t seen enough. I have heard few times that if Lapierre was fully healthy he’d be sure fire top 10 pick this year, I know Bob loves him.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I’d be a happy camper with this.

I’d also be fine with switching Rossi for Raymond and Quinn for Lundell.

Attachments

• 8A8AF188-60EF-4131-8A31-F9DE6E20276E.png
    8A8AF188-60EF-4131-8A31-F9DE6E20276E.png
    405.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I'm wondering if anyone has any intel on who the Sens would draft if they had the #2 pick. Do they have a strong preference for either Byfield or Stutzle?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Feel like the 3 months between the lottery and the draft are going to make me lose my mind, can’t stop thinking about all the possibilities now that we know the picks are 3 and 5 lol
I honestly don't get why we did the lottery so far ahead of the draft. I guess they really wanted that 1 hr tv spot and will get a 2nd one in the phase 2 lottery

Reactions: Cosmix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad