NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion - Part X - [The Final Countdown]

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
With #3 pick, I would take Byfield/Stutzle.
With #5 pick, I would take Raymond, Drysdale or Perfetti.

With the NYI pick I would likely not take Askarov.
Same for me, I would package 33 with the isles pick and see how far we can move up. Maybe even another second packaged if we can get in to the top 10 for someone high on the list

Reactions: NB613

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Chabot-Drysdale
Brannstrom-Bernard-Docker
Wolanin-Thomson
Jaros/Lajoie

That would be a pretty special D core, even if all of those guys don’t pan out.

I would prefer a forward at 5 but would be able to rationalize picking Drysdale, though I have a feeling LA really wants him.

Too small = Drysdale & Brannstrom
Too soft = Chabot, Drysdale, Brannstrom, Thomson, JBD, Lajoie & Wolanin

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Would LA take the 5th OVR+Logan Brown+one of our 2nds or even the NYI 1st for the 2nd OVR?

If there is a chance Drysdale is going to be there at 5 I would not make that trade.

Too small = Drysdale & Brannstrom
Too soft = Chabot, Drysdale, Brannstrom, Thomson, JBD, Lajoie & Wolanin
Drysdale is 5'11 and only 17 years old how is he too small? He handled that massive Russian team at the WJC fine being younger than all of their players. Sometimes you gotta watch the guy play before determining these types of things.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Really wish I'd seen more of Quinn so I could weigh in here. From what I know, seems doubtful he's top five.
He's a good player. He can create and he can score. Decent size. Awesome release. Late bloomer from the Ottawa Valley and a kid you want to root for. I just think there are 3 forwards there that are better in Rossi, Perfetti and Raymond. I think Quinn, Holtz, Lundell would be a good debate.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Very disappointed we didn't get #2 OA, my guess is that LA will draft Byfield, unfortunately & Ottawa will be left with Stutzle. Detroit could likely draft Drysdale & Ottawa should draft Sanderson. This was the worse possible outcome (3-5) for this draft & of course it happens to Ottawa. Although it sucks Ottawa still gets two very good players, unless of course Dorion makes it worse with whoever he decides to pick in those positions. I'd be fine with Stutzle & Sanderson, but certainly don't want any of the smaller forwards.

It isn’t the worst of times. That would be picks #5 and #6.

Getting one of Byfield/Stutzle is a very good haul as I think they are very close in terms of future potential.

I would prefer Drysdale over Sanderson at #5.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Detroit needs a center way more than a winger or RD so I can see them taking Rossi for his high motor high IQ high skill 2 way play. Would probably mesh very well with Larkin on his wing.

In that case, we would have our pick between Raymond/Perfetti/Holtz/Quinn/Drysdale/Sanderson

Reactions: Icelevel

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
What I’m looking forward to most I think is that pick between ours. Right after we make our #3 pick (Stutzle/Byfield whoever is available). The anticipation while Detroit decides who they are taking and then seeing who we have available for #5.
Love that there’s only one pick between ours. We pretty much go right back up and select another top prospect.

I suppose if Dorion has a highly preferred pick at #4, he could trade a second round pick plus #5 to Detroit for pick #4.

Same could be said for pick #2; trading pick #3 and a second round pick for it.

Could trade a second round pick now to NYI to take the condition off the NYI pick this draft. :)

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Chabot-Drysdale
Brannstrom-Bernard-Docker
Wolanin-Thomson
Jaros/Lajoie

That would be a pretty special D core, even if all of those guys don’t pan out.

I would prefer a forward at 5 but would be able to rationalize picking Drysdale, though I have a feeling LA really wants him.

Interesting scenarios:

If LAK take Drysdale at #2, Senators take Byfield at #3.
Detroit then takes whom at #4? Perfetti, Stutzle, Raymond?
Then we take Stutzle at #5.

That would be GREAT. :)

Reactions: NB613

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It is all rigged and Garry Betsky is in the business selling the first over all pick to rich teams. He has to be investigated and has to step down as the commissioner. Only ones, the team with best odds won the lottery. It is laughable.

Conspiracy Theory! Let’s have some fun with this.

We need to hire Julia Roberts to investigate.

Reactions: branch

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I have watched and looked at the stats, I just prefer the others by a good margin. It's the same for holtz. Would not consider him at 5

One of Stutzle/Byfield + One of Raymond/Rossi/Perfetti/Drysdale with 3 & 5.

If the Isles selection ends up being 13-15, I can see them move up to get Lundell, Sanderson, or Quinn if they are still lingering around 9-12. I can see them covet local boy Quinn and his goal scoring ability as a 2-way forward over Holtz.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
It’s funny that we’re all moaning about 5th overall, but if you take a look back at 5th overall over the past 12 years or so you’ll see almost all of them are big time impact NHLers. Christ, we took Brady at 4th three years ago.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Drysdale is a pony you hope turns into a horse like Doughty, more likely turns into an elite pony like EK.
No way dude he is a primo 2 way guy. You look at him now and he’s still just a boy but he has a great frame. Room for an easy 30 lbs without sacrificing performance.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Despite Dorion being a liar, he is usually a bad one at that and I believe him when he says that their list is not yet final. Mann's group of scouts will go through a lot of tapes collectively, peer reviewing/cross referring each other's work and observations, and then consolidate with Pierre's (who has also been watching a lot of tapes since Covid shutdown as he said so recently).

Some maybe high on Quinn and Sanderson and we maybe hearing about them as targets as such.

Others might be leaning towards prospects they have heavily scouted in Europe, for example.

The draft ranking is not yet finalized by the Sens.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I hated Sokolov so hard in the world juniors but I think he would be a great pick with one of our 2nds. He’s a mutant and plays really hard. Other teams would hate him. Dare I say that he’s @aragorn approved at a massive 6’5
We might be able to wait until the 3rd round to draft him but he does look like a solid prospect.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Despite Dorion being a liar, he is usually a bad one at that and I believe him whehn he says that their list is not yet final. Mann's group of scouts will go through a lot of tapes collectively, peer reviewing/cross referring different their own reports and observations, and then consolidate with Pierre's (who has also been watching a lot of tapes since Covid shutdown as he said so recently).

The draft ranking is not yet finalized by the Sens.
Of course it’s not, it won’t be final until November. These guys will be playing games prior to being drafted.

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Can I get a confirmation. Sens pick; #3, #5, TBD, #33, #46, #52, #53, #64, #74, #95 ?

EDIT: self correct through research.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad