Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Chabot-Drysdale
Brannstrom-Bernard-Docker
Wolanin-Thomson
Jaros/Lajoie

That would be a pretty special D core, even if all of those guys don’t pan out.

I would prefer a forward at 5 but would be able to rationalize picking Drysdale, though I have a feeling LA really wants him.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I broke my own rules and went outside the main boards. Shouout @Cat Herder for repping the Sens on the L.A. boards!

Seems the LA fans would want 3&5 for #2. LOL!

Also LA’s scout said that he won’t ever draft for need over BPA, and they have a heavy presence in Germany. So I’d be willing to bet they won’t take Drysdale. We won’t know until draft day which guy we’ll get at #3.

So Detroit still gets shafted and takes Perfetti. We have our pick of the next tier. And it’s between Raymond and Drysdale imo.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
I broke my own rules and went outside the main boards. Shouout @Cat Herder for repping the Sens on the L.A. boards!

Seems the LA fans would want 3&5 for #2. LOL!

Also LA’s scout said that he won’t ever draft for need over BPA, and they have a heavy presence in Germany. So I’d be willing to bet they won’t take Drysdale. We won’t know until draft day which guy we’ll get at #3.

So Detroit still gets shafted and takes Perfetti. We have our pick of the next tier. And it’s between Raymond and Drysdale imo.

I'm not sure about a "heavy presence" but yes, they have a full-time scout based out of Berlin, Stefan Ustorf. Don't think too many teams can say that.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
Would be a major letdown getting Sanderson. PD has to get some game breakers.

I'd be pretty stoked for Sanderson at five, depending who else is on the board. If we passed over Byfield or Raymond for him then yeah, I'd be pretty disappointed.

Rossi, Perfetti, Holtz are great and will likely all be really good players, but none are bluechip gamebreakers.

Sanderson can change a game with an explosive end-to-end rush or a bone-crushing bodycheck.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
I'd be pretty stoked for Sanderson at five, depending who else is on the board. If we passed over Byfield or Raymond for him then yeah, I'd be pretty disappointed.

Rossi, Perfetti, Holtz are great and will likely all be really good players, but none are bluechip gamebreakers.

Sanderson can change a game with an explosive end-to-end rush or a bone-crushing bodycheck.
I honestly don’t see it. Schneider is a guy that can throw a huge hit but Sanderson is not overly physical at all, don’t get me wrong he throws his body around a bit and pins guys but plenty of dmen do that.

As for the skating, some outlets like Button said he’s the best skater in the draft.. and that has me questioning what he’s been watching because that’s an exaggeration from what I’ve seen. It’s not like Karlsson skating that’s for sure.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Skating wise I don’t see anyone better than Sanderson from the D in the draft, can’t beat him on the rush, his gap closing is insane, he’s the best at skating the puck up the ice by a very large amount, he covers a ton of ground very quickly.

Stutzle and Sanderson have the best skating to me in the draft, Byfield is up their and possibly the best with his size/skating combo.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
It is all rigged and Garry Betsky is in the business selling the first over all pick to rich teams. He has to be investigated and has to step down as the commissioner. Only ones, the team with best odds won the lottery. It is laughable.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Personally don’t think he should be lumped in with Drysdale, Raymond, Perfetti group. Not that he plays much with Rossi but I’d like to see more of him without Rossi before the draft.

Ok well I am confident the sens have him there. The people that watched the 67's have him in that group. The people that only look at the stats dont. The more I read is that Detroit likely takes a forward so for the people that are dreading picking Quinn we probably dont have to worry about it. Leaving the draft with Stutzle/Byfield and Drysdale would be an absolute dream.

Reactions: Cosmix

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Ok well I am confident the sens have him there. The people that watched the 67's have him in that group. The people that only look at the stats dont. The more I read is that Detroit likely takes a forward so for the people that are dreading picking Quinn we probably dont have to worry about it. Leaving the draft with Stutzle/Byfield and Drysdale would be an absolute dream.
I have watched and looked at the stats, I just prefer the others by a good margin. It's the same for holtz. Would not consider him at 5

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm okay with Stutzle, but I really wanted Byfield & it's still within the realm of possibility that he drops a spot, although I doubt that will happen. It kind of sucks that a top 8 team will end up winning this lottery, especially given the generational talent of Lafreniere. It just doesn't seem right & from our perspective Ottawa & Detroit got shafted by the NHL again. Now a team that is already really good like Tampa or Pitt for example could also win Lafreniere, it's bullshit.
Just finished saying the exact same thing to my son in an email... Its just wrong.
They should change the rules going forward to only the bottom 8 can get 1.2.3. They could have a separate lottery for the remaining non playoff teams but the highest they can pick is 9. The top talent should be going to the weaker / rebuilding teams .. its in the NHL's best interest. That 12.5% lose the playin across the board must have been a carrot to getting teams to accept that notion.

Reactions: aragorn

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Would LA take the 5th OVR+Logan Brown+one of our 2nds or even the NYI 1st for the 2nd OVR?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I’m a Bruins fan and going on 38th year season tickets and although I think that was a joke last night (I admit I laughed how it came out until Toronto or Pittsburgh gets Lafreniere)

you are bang on here - whether it’s what you post or Rossi and Drysdale or Perfetti your Sens should get two very good likely All Stars

It will work out very well for you guys when all is said and done

Lafreniere is a prize but this isn’t McDavid or Lemieux

I would go center (Rossi or Stutzle) here and Drysdale

I bet Yzerman wants Stutzle

With #3 pick, I would take Byfield/Stutzle.
With #5 pick, I would take Raymond, Drysdale or Perfetti.

With the NYI pick I would likely not take Askarov.

Reactions: DKH

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Would LA take the 5th OVR+Logan Brown+one of our 2nds or even the NYI 1st for the 2nd OVR?

Edit: I originally read your post wrong and thought that was 3rd overall instead of 5th.

So i am editing my post and saying that i would think about it doing it, but not so sure LA would consider it. I think they would rather stick with the chance of getting Byfeld or Stutzle. Kopitar is getting up their in age and i thing they would rather draft a possible replacement for him in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: branch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad