NFL: 2020 NFL season news & notes discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
A deal, WTF is this???

How? He should be away from the facility until he has consecutive days of negative test results. I mean they benched the entire QB group for Denver when they were in a room together without a mask for a while. But Haskins is allowed to return while hanging out with people with no mask that have not been regularly tested?

what????

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So Broncos were forced to play with no QB's as they were ruled ineligible ,,,,, But NFL cuts deal with Skins to allow Haskins to play/practice after violating protocol

WTF

Also this was 2nd time this year he violated protocols

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
So Broncos were forced to play with no QB's as they were ruled ineligible ,,,,, But NFL cuts deal with Skins to allow Haskins to play/practice after violating protocol

WTF

Also this was 2nd time this year he violated protocols

Allen is out. Smith hurt his leg. Haskins is an idiot. Who else do they have on the PS to promote?

so because WFT is in a playoff spot their QB gets to play while Denver who wasn’t a playoff team gets screwed?

I’m all for what the nfl did to Denver but they need to be consistent with the penalty

Reactions: NJDevs26

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How? He should be away from the facility until he has consecutive days of negative test results. I mean they benched the entire QB group for Denver when they were in a room together without a mask for a while. But Haskins is allowed to return while hanging out with people with no mask that have not been regularly tested?

what????

Well the one difference is they were in a room together without a mask with a guy who was confirmed positive soon after. Haskins, they have factual deniability because there's no evidence (yet) he was with anyone that had the virus. But yeah this smacks of them making an example of a bad team while letting playoff contenders slide on the letter of the law.

At the very least Haskins himself should be suspended for multiple violations.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Well the one difference is they were in a room together without a mask with a guy who was confirmed positive soon after. Haskins, they have factual deniability because there's no evidence (yet) he was with anyone that had the virus. But yeah this smacks of them making an example of a bad team while letting playoff contenders slide on the letter of the law.

At the very least Haskins himself should be suspended for multiple violations.
But another difference is that they only know because they get tested. No one can say that those Haskins was with didn’t have it one way or another.

this meeting for Denver occurred too late and there was not enough time for them to get multiple days of negative tests. Whereas Haskins has the time to do that. He would just play without practice which is a fair punishment for being stupid.

I think he should not be allowed to practice but if he returns 4 days of negative tests then yes let him suit up. But he should not be at practice.

Last edited:

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
Allen is out. Smith hurt his leg. Haskins is an idiot. Who else do they have on the PS to promote?

so because WFT is in a playoff spot their QB gets to play while Denver who wasn’t a playoff team gets screwed?

I’m all for what the nfl did to Denver but they need to be consistent with the penalty

Taylor Heinicke was signed a couple of weeks ago. Rookie Steven Montez on the PS.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Haskins didn't test positive nor be deemed a close contact. That obviously could change.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

The replies on this thread lmao

Lewis is a good hire if you're team that's basically trying to build up from the ground floor and need someone to bring consistency. So a franchise in the absolute dregs like the Jets or Jaguars hiring him would honestly be an okay move. He admittedly never did take the Bengals super far, but considering how big of a joke that organization was prior to hiring him i'd say the fact he got them to even look remotely consistent is actually a pretty big accomplishment

Houston on the other hand, is not the right place. A team with an absolutely ****ed cap structure (that will only get worse with Watson approaching needing a new deal) and can't even rebuild cleanly because of some really bad trades.

Hiring either him or Caldwell means that team is absolutely going nowhere. They need a full overhaul.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
The NFL refused to move the game to a Sunday kickoff when all coaches would be available. Not a Lions fan but WFT? Bend over backwards numerous times to help Baltimore. But they say they don’t play favorites and the rules are the same for everyone.
Yup. Sure.

Same crap with Denver a few weeks ago with their QB situation, they could have moved it a day and Denver could have played with a QB instead of a P-squad WR, essentially giving the Saints a freebie and potentially screwing other NFC playoff teams

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This is the Folgers commercial of NFL coaching. Let's replace these bad coaches with a discount brand of coaches and see if anyone can tell the difference.

Matt Patricia's available though...it would be hilarious if they had to beg him to coach the game.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
The NFL refused to move the game to a Sunday kickoff when all coaches would be available. Not a Lions fan but WFT? Bend over backwards numerous times to help Baltimore. But they say they don’t play favorites and the rules are the same for everyone.
Yup. Sure.
To be fair this is a consistent enforcement of the rules. The problem is fans simply not understanding the rules.

Broncos had to live by the same rules the Bills did. Just so happened the Broncos had to deal with a more important position group being out than the Bills.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Ravens had the same problem the Titans did which was too many people testing positive and they had to get it to stop before they could play the game because you don't know who is positive until they test for it.

The Lions have the same problem the Broncos did in that they were identified as close contacts to a positive test. The NFL has been consistent that they aren't postponing games for competitive reasons, only medical.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The Ravens had the same problem the Titans did which was too many people testing positive and they had to get it to stop before they could play the game because you don't know who is positive until they test for it.

The Lions have the same problem the Broncos did in that they were identified as close contacts to a positive test. The NFL has been consistent that they aren't postponing games for competitive reasons, only medical.
Right. If the risk is contained, the risk can be addressed. The Raven had an ongoing outbreak, so the game kept getting pushed back while we waited to see the outbreak contained.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
I wonder if that was not Marrone's choice. You would think he'll be fired at year's end so he gains nothing from tanking. This shows there are indeed ways to tank without depending on players to purposely play badly. Flacco should have been starting for the Jets.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I fully support this. I hate the tank culture.

Culture and talent.

I'll give Tua some more time, coming off that hip injury, but so far he's more Bridgewater than Brees. Need to see a big improvement in his intermediate to deep passing game next season. Defense is not always going to hold up.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I wonder if that was not Marrone's choice. You would think he'll be fired at year's end so he gains nothing from tanking. This shows there are indeed ways to tank without depending on players to purposely play badly. Flacco should have been starting for the Jets.

The Jets probably actually win more games with Flacco.

Darnold was a promising prospect out of college but is pretty clearly damaged goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad