Attachments

• Screenshot_20200416-101548_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20200416-101548_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Avs_19

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
PFF has a new draft sim that's fun to play around with and kill some time.

2020 NFL Mock Draft Simulator | PFF

Just did a few three round mocks for the Vikings and my favourite one is probably the one below. I would've liked to grab a better OT but I decided not to make any trades so this is the best I could do with how the draft went.

View attachment 342042
Easy to get a haul in that mock when trading down. I turned the 4th and 99th pick into the 13th, 31st, 39th, 56th, and SF 1st next year with 2 trade downs.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Wonder who they could be targeting? Move up to get the second CB or maybe a Chiasson/Kinlaw?
Gotta figure Okudah and Simmonds would be too expensive.

Kinlaw has been a popular name for the Falcons for pretty much the entire lead up to the draft and there are analysts speculating he could be the target in a trade up.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
Kinlaw has been a popular name for the Falcons for pretty much the entire lead up to the draft and there are analysts speculating he could be the target in a trade up.

Yeah that'd make sense. Seems a lot of analysts have Kinlaw as a potential top 10 pick. I'm no scout but that'd be too rich for my taste based on what I've seen. Reminds me too much of Jerry Tillery.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
My first and only try...Too bad this will never happen because I would go crazy as shit.

View attachment 342130
The thing with all these mock draft simulators is they're generally unrealistic. There's pretty much zero chance that Brown, Becton, Gross-Matos, Dobbins, Simpson and Dillion are available in the spots you picked them. Maybe one of them slides enough to be there but I'd be very surprised if two do.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
PFF doesn't like me as much as Avs.

At 22 the options other than Becton were Epenesa, Diggs or Johnson and a few of the WR. Epenesa went 23 or 24 and decided to trade down to 34 and pick up an extra 3rd rather than selecting Diggs, Johnson or a WR. I think I rather have Winfield Jr. and Tyler Johnson (Rick Spielman same school special.) than just one of those players.

upload_2020-4-16_18-9-30.png

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Can't believe I'm typing this but I think Seattle should pursue it and draft Chase Young...if there's assurance that DC isn't taking him at #2 of course.
Russ won't be in his prime forever and SEA generally has botched their first round picks in epic fashion the past bunch of years.

Not a chance that the Lions would trade down that far. If they trade down it'll be with the Dolphins or Chargers.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I was thinking of something more like two firsts and maybe a second, but w/e. The article says he wants a ton of compensation, not that he wants to stay in the top-10.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Can't believe I'm typing this but I think Seattle should pursue it and draft Chase Young...if there's assurance that DC isn't taking him at #2 of course.
Russ won't be in his prime forever and SEA generally has botched their first round picks in epic fashion the past bunch of years.

Young to DC at 2 is a lock

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I was thinking of something more like two firsts and maybe a second, but w/e. The article says he wants a ton of compensation, not that he wants to stay in the top-10.
That article is written by a guy who doesn't follow the Lions. I don't put any stock into it. None of the guys who actually cover the team like Burke, Birkett, Meinke, Reisman etc think there's any chance he trades out of the top 10.

Quinn just said yesterday when asked if he would trade out of the top 7 "I could see a scenario yes but ideally no" meaning it would take a crazy offer to get him to do it. Since Seattle is picking 27th it would take their 1st, both 2nds this year and 1st, 2nd next year at least.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That article is written by a guy who doesn't follow the Lions. I don't put any stock into it. None of the guys who actually cover the team like Burke, Birkett, Meinke, Reisman etc think there's any chance he trades out of the top 10.

Quinn just said yesterday when asked if he would trade out of the top 7 "I could see a scenario yes but ideally no" meaning it would take a crazy offer to get him to do it. Since Seattle is picking 27th it would take their 1st, both 2nds this year and 1st, 2nd next year at least.
KC and Buffalo deal for Mahomes was pick 10 to KC for pucks 27 and a third so like 91, and their 2018 first which was #22.

for seattle to get up there it’s their first and second this year plus their first next year. Doubt Seattle does that.

I laugh cause I heard a clip from Cowherd that he thinks with NE that they have a shot to trade up next year to land Lawrence or Fields if they are in the 7-10 slot in the draft cause they should have 3 extra third round compensatory picks and maybe a couple more later in the draft. So with 12 picks they should be able to move up. It would take at least another first to move up. Always does even with Goff and Wentz.

Because what are you getting with third round picks? A lottery ticket. How many players from picks 90-105 even earn a second nfl contract? And of that group how many are starter of at least 30 games? Quality of the picks not just quantity that teams want.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
KC and Buffalo deal for Mahomes was pick 10 to KC for pucks 27 and a third so like 91, and their 2018 first which was #22.

for seattle to get up there it’s their first and second this year plus their first next year. Doubt Seattle does that.

I laugh cause I heard a clip from Cowherd that he thinks with NE that they have a shot to trade up next year to land Lawrence or Fields if they are in the 7-10 slot in the draft cause they should have 3 extra third round compensatory picks and maybe a couple more later in the draft. So with 12 picks they should be able to move up. It would take at least another first to move up. Always does even with Goff and Wentz.

Because what are you getting with third round picks? A lottery ticket. How many players from picks 90-105 even earn a second nfl contract? And of that group how many are starter of at least 30 games? Quality of the picks not just quantity that teams want.
The 3rd pick is worth a lot more than the 10th pick. Seattle's 1st, 2nd this year and first next year don't come close to value of the 3rd overall on the value chart. It would have to be the trade I mentioned above(1st, two 2nds this year and 1st,2nd next year) to equal it assuming Seattle finishes in a similar spot next year. Of course, there's always the possibility of Quinn getting ripped off but I can't see it when he already knows he's on the hot seat. So basically there's zero chance this trade would happen.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The 3rd pick is worth a lot more than the 10th pick. Seattle's 1st, 2nd this year and first next year don't come close to value of the 3rd overall on the value chart. It would have to be the trade I mentioned above(1st, two 2nds this year and 1st,2nd next year) to equal it assuming Seattle finishes in a similar spot next year. Of course, there's always the possibility of Quinn getting ripped off but I can't see it when he already knows he's on the hot seat. So basically there's zero chance this trade would happen.
Chase young is probably the only player worth that package but I don’t see Washington passing on him.
Don’t see anyone else being worth that.

Reactions: DaaaaB's
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad