NFL: 2020 NFL Draft Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Strong chance for this to be a mess if someone's technology doesn't cooperate but I also think it could be fun. Just go all in on the fantasy draft style of draft. Go live to these GM's war rooms (living rooms/basement) and have them announce the picks themselves over Zoom. Also allow an inside look (obviously no audio) as GMs attempt to make make moves. Knowing the NFL though, everything will be closely guarded and it'll probably just be Goodell sitting there announcing all of the picks.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

GMs are basically going to have to figure out who they wish to listen to when their pick nears. No way to have the normal 10-15 voices in the room.

Teams have their big board setup with all players ranked 1 - 270. So, really just going to have to go by your board.

IT teams should have been setting up everyone's home system these past few weeks.

member 157595

GMs are basically going to have to figure out who they wish to listen to when their pick nears. No way to have the normal 10-15 voices in the room.

Teams have their big board setup with all players ranked 1 - 270. So, really just going to have to go by your board.

IT teams should have been setting up everyone's home system these past few weeks.

Don't tell me it wouldn't be hilarious if a team gets the BSOD when it's time to make their pick.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
how did tua get a physical done by teams?

I believe he had one done by an independent doctor chosen by teams and that information was then sent to all 32 teams.

So far today I've seen Tua called a future HOF'er with a better arm than Marino and the riskiest 1st rd pick in a decade who the Dolphins shouldn't trade up for. The former was from Dilfer and the latter from some anonymous people talking to Miami media.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
I believe he had one done by an independent doctor chosen by teams and that information was then sent to all 32 teams.

So far today I've seen Tua called a future HOF'er with a better arm than Marino and the riskiest 1st rd pick in a decade who the Dolphins shouldn't trade up for. The former was from Dilfer and the latter from some anonymous people talking to Miami media.
i hope he goes top 4. either chase young possibly falls to the giants at 4 or the dolphins, chargers, or someone else offers us a lot to get to number 4 and gets a QB.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Wonder if we go receiver in the second round now that we have 2 picks there. A group of Kupp, Woods, Reynolds, and a guy like Reagor would be pretty good.

member 157595

Wonder if we go receiver in the second round now that we have 2 picks there. A group of Kupp, Woods, Reynolds, and a guy like Reagor would be pretty good.

They definitely should. This is the draft to get a WR.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They need an OT first.

Is a WR a position they don’t plan on extending their current guys?

Kupp is due up in 2021. Woods has a year left in 2021 with a $1.2 mill dead cap hit if they cut him but he only counts $9 mill in cap so for his production he’s good value as free agent WRs get 8 figures these days.

so makes sense to grab one in RD 2 if one of those 2 doesn’t get an extension. Guessing they keep Kupp and let woods who would be on contract 3 walk.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Seeing more and more mock drafts/experts forecasting that the Dolphins won't be taking Tua at 5 and that Herbert is potentially going to be picked ahead of him.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Seeing more and more mock drafts/experts forecasting that the Dolphins won't be taking Tua at 5 and that Herbert is potentially going to be picked ahead of him.

Seeing the logic of mocks turn move into certainty of medical check ups. Without direct access to the player from your medical staff, do you want to roll the dice?

I would not trade up to get him if I was Miami/Chargers/etc., but if he was there at 5/6, I would have to consider it. Only issue is that he gets hurt in college because he seems to think he's more mobile than he is. Thinks he's Russell Wilson vs Drew Brees. Brees has good mobility for a QB, but he doesn't possess the escapability that Wilson does who can thus hold the ball longer to extend a play.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wonder who they could be targeting? Move up to get the second CB or maybe a Chiasson/Kinlaw?
Gotta figure Okudah and Simmonds would be too expensive.
ATL got OL help last year, so unless there is NO run on OL I believe ATL should be able to get one of the 2nd best CB/DT/DE (Okudah/Brown/Young being the top rated guys at those positions and too expensive to trade up to get). Falcons pick at 16, so I'm expect 3 QBS, Young, Simmonds, Brown, Okudah, and 3 OL (Wilfs/Becton/Willis) to come off the board and 1 or 2 WR (Jeudy/Lamb). That's 12 players there. Add the 3 second best D positions guys, you get to 15. And likely there is a surprise in that group. ATL may need to jump 2 or 3 spots to get their guy.

Depending on how high they need to jump.

Raiders at 12 have the Bear's 1st, but do not own a 2nd but have 3 thirds. Most mocks have them at WR here and if they want either Jeudy/Lamb this would be the spot unless Mayock/Gruden believe that there is a better player at another position that they should take. Is Lamb/Juedy plus the 3rd best CB such as Terrell better than CB Henderson and WR Jefferson for example?
Could see the Raiders move down if both WRs are on the board. They would be leery of SF and Den behind them taking both.
SF at 13, no picks in rounds 2-4, so trade down is possible here.
TB at 14, they seem like they should take a OT here. Denver needs to replace Bolles at OT, so depending on who is available, TB could move down.
Denver, flip of 1 spot. Again, if they are targeting OL, then it's an easy decision to flip with ATL and gain an extra pick.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
ATL got OL help last year, so unless there is NO run on OL I believe ATL should be able to get one of the 2nd best CB/DT/DE (Okudah/Brown/Young being the top rated guys at those positions and too expensive to trade up to get). Falcons pick at 16, so I'm expect 3 QBS, Young, Simmonds, Brown, Okudah, and 3 OL (Wilfs/Becton/Willis) to come off the board and 1 or 2 WR (Jeudy/Lamb). That's 12 players there. Add the 3 second best D positions guys, you get to 15. And likely there is a surprise in that group. ATL may need to jump 2 or 3 spots to get their guy.

Depending on how high they need to jump.

Raiders at 12 have the Bear's 1st, but do not own a 2nd but have 3 thirds. Most mocks have them at WR here and if they want either Jeudy/Lamb this would be the spot unless Mayock/Gruden believe that there is a better player at another position that they should take. Is Lamb/Juedy plus the 3rd best CB such as Terrell better than CB Henderson and WR Jefferson for example?
Could see the Raiders move down if both WRs are on the board. They would be leery of SF and Den behind them taking both.
SF at 13, no picks in rounds 2-4, so trade down is possible here.
TB at 14, they seem like they should take a OT here. Denver needs to replace Bolles at OT, so depending on who is available, TB could move down.
Denver, flip of 1 spot. Again, if they are targeting OL, then it's an easy decision to flip with ATL and gain an extra pick.

Makes sense in theory but how often does the draft actually pan out as projected? Could be that a Henderson or Chiasson is much more highly regarded in NFL circles then the media would have us believe.

Or maybe they're hoping a Simmonds falls to 7 where a team like the Panthers might be willing to trade down. Either way fun to speculate.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
PFF has a new draft sim that's fun to play around with and kill some time.

2020 NFL Mock Draft Simulator | PFF

Just did a few three round mocks for the Vikings and my favourite one is probably the one below. I would've liked to grab a better OT but I decided not to make any trades so this is the best I could do with how the draft went.

upload_2020-4-15_16-30-24.png

Reactions: ecemleafs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: