NFL: 2020 NFL Draft Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Interesting notes:

4 1st round picks have been traded already, Houston's the only one who made the playoffs.

The other three (Steelers, Bears, Rams) all pick directly before the playoff teams at 18, 19, 20

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

This should mean that everything is so far on track for his recovery. Draft position will still up in the air.

I probably would be wary of trading up for him if I'm the Chargers/Panthers/Jags. I'd be more than willing to take him with my pick if he fell to me, but wouldn't give up extra picks unless I'm totally convinced on the medical reports.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
This should mean that everything is so far on track for his recovery. Draft position will still up in the air.

I probably would be wary of trading up for him if I'm the Chargers/Panthers/Jags. I'd be more than willing to take him with my pick if he fell to me, but wouldn't give up extra picks unless I'm totally convinced on the medical reports.

I think he goes to Miami. With Fitzpatrick coming back, he will have time to rehab and get ready for his eventual debut. Plus, Miami has the assets to match pretty much any offer other teams might offer the Lions or Giants.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think he goes to Miami. With Fitzpatrick coming back, he will have time to rehab and get ready for his eventual debut. Plus, Miami has the assets to match pretty much any offer other teams might offer the Lions or Giants.
I would doubt that a team trades up for him. Sounds like teams will not get a report on how the blood flow is on his hip until after the draft. So, it's a roll of the dice if you are taking him. So, I can't see teams giving up additional draft capital and taking a risk if you don't know if his mobility will be impacted.

Draft is in 3.5 months from now.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I would doubt that a team trades up for him. Sounds like teams will not get a report on how the blood flow is on his hip until after the draft. So, it's a roll of the dice if you are taking him. So, I can't see teams giving up additional draft capital and taking a risk if you don't know if his mobility will be impacted.

Draft is in 3.5 months from now.

I don’t want him. I didn’t want him before the injuries. I want the team to go Oline/Dline/CB with their first rounders, and go all in for Lawrence next year. The problem with is, Flores seems to be a good coach, and with well over $100 million in cap space, I doubt they get the first overall next season.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don’t want him. I didn’t want him before the injuries. I want the team to go Oline/Dline/CB with their first rounders, and go all in for Lawrence next year. The problem with is, Flores seems to be a good coach, and with well over $100 million in cap space, I doubt they get the first overall next season.
Cin, Was, Det, NYG, and Mia were the 5 worst teams this past season. It was legit to see Cin, Mia, and Was down there. Detroit was a surprise and NYG, you kind of knew that at some point in the season they would hand the keys over to Jones so they would be near the bottom.

Between free agency and the draft, hard to predict now which teams would end up with only 2-4 wins next season.

A lot will depend on which teams make a change at QB and how any young QB will fare.

Cincy - Burrow with limited talent around him.
Chargers - have talent, but need to replace Rivers. Are they doing it with Herbert or someone else from this draft?
Jaguars - will Foles get them to a decent level if he's healthy next season (like 6-8 wins?) or will they also turn to a Herbert in the draft?
Bucs - there's talent on offense, but they can't keep turning the ball over.
Wash - they should be either 3/4 in their division
NYG - same as Wash
Carolina - overall there is talent, but QB question for them if they move off Cam and go young.
Miami - should be better so hard to say how it plays out.

member 157595

Cin, Was, Det, NYG, and Mia were the 5 worst teams this past season. It was legit to see Cin, Mia, and Was down there. Detroit was a surprise and NYG, you kind of knew that at some point in the season they would hand the keys over to Jones so they would be near the bottom.

Between free agency and the draft, hard to predict now which teams would end up with only 2-4 wins next season.

A lot will depend on which teams make a change at QB and how any young QB will fare.

Chargers - have talent, but need to replace Rivers. Are they doing it with Herbert or someone else from this draft?
Jaguars - will Foles get them to a decent level if he's healthy next season (like 6-8 wins?) or will they also turn to a Herbert in the draft?
NYG - same as Wash
Carolina - overall there is talent, but QB question for them if they move off Cam and go young.

If the Bengals were smart they'd think twice before throwing Burrow in immediately behind a horrible offensive line with a very limited set of available playmakers on offense. But they're not smart. Burrow should really only play out of the gate if he makes it absolutely impossible for them to sit him during camp and preseason IMO and even then it's risky because he's going to get pounded against Pittsburgh and Baltimore's D 4x/year at minimum. It's highly likely that the Bengals will be terrible again because the roster has a lot of holes that ownership is too cheap to fill and a rookie QB is more of a long-term investment in the first place. They're the only team I'm very confident will be terrible again.

I'll throw my hat in the ring for the Jets. Wouldn't surprise me if they bottom out with Gase at the helm regardless of how they finished the year.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

NYG - same as Wash

Obviously there is so much time ahead of us before we know who gets drafted where, let alone what the rosters will look like come training camp. I want Lawrence above anyone, I just dont see how Miami can be as bad as some of the other teams in the league. The coaching staff did a hell of a job considering how much the front office watered down the product on the field. The only thing left for management to do was go full Major League on them, and have them ride broken down buses to away games lol. Out of the list of teams you posted, all but Cincy and the Giants will probably be looking at a QB over the next two drafts. Maybe Washington stays with Haskins, and Winston with the Bucs, but even so, I dont see those teams passing up on Lawrence if they get the first overall. The one good thing for the Dolphins is that they apparently have one of the hardest schedules next season.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
So how do people here rank the QBs heading into the draft? Seems after Burrow and Tua there's a lack of consensus.
1. Burrow
2. Tua
----------------
3. Herbert
4. Love
----------------
5. Eason/Fromm

Have seen some with Love over Herbert and others with Fromm and Eason over Love. I think the top 4 should all be 1st rounders tho.

member 157595

I kind of have to question the competitiveness of any player that actually does want to be a Bengal, to be honest.

Redskins should be taking Young regardless of what the Bengals do unless he's already gone, which is unlikely unless some team trades w/Cincinnati for #1 if the Bengals determine that Burrow is unwilling to play in the uniform.

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ
Sports media can f*uck off for trying to stir up a story about Burrow refusing to play for the Bengals

As if Washington and Miami have been pillars of success and competent management. I know it doesn't fit the narrative but its not like the Bengals have been some football wasteland for the last decade

Glad Joe himself stepped in and put all that to bed

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
What I wouldn't do to get Tua on the Chargers.
Unfortunately Miami holds all the cards.
Using what the Rams and Eagles gave up to grab Goff/Wentz, and to a certain extent what Houston/KC gave up to get Watson/Mahomes, any team looking to move up is offering their #1 this year, plus next year's #1, plus a 3rd and maybe another mid round pick. Unless you happen to have multiple 2nds that you can deal like NYJ did to get Darnold (theirs plus Seattle's plus another one in a future year).

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Using what the Rams and Eagles gave up to grab Goff/Wentz, and to a certain extent what Houston/KC gave up to get Watson/Mahomes, any team looking to move up is offering their #1 this year, plus next year's #1, plus a 3rd and maybe another mid round pick. Unless you happen to have multiple 2nds that you can deal like NYJ did to get Darnold (theirs plus Seattle's plus another one in a future year).
Miami has 3 1sts this year and 2 next year. They have way more capital to trade up than the Chargers do. For this reason, I can't see any scenario in which the Chargers can get Tua.

Reactions: Kel Varnson

member 157595

The Bengals have a lot of needs but none more significant than a long-term answer at the most important position in North American team sports. If they view Burrow as a franchise QB prospect it's not worth the risk for them to trade down unless some team absolutely blows them out of the water with an offer. Realistically, I think Miami is the only team that has the trade assets with which to do so. Cincinnati is never a major player in the free agent market because of the front office poison so if they have any chance of rebuilding it will need to be driven by the draft.

I'm not a big fan of "settling" for a QB prospect in the draft. If you have a guy you really like, do all that is feasible to get him, and move on.

Reactions: Roman Fell

member 157595

The Bengals probably just don't want to pay the price of a #1 overall QB

They certainly don't, because Mike Brown was Eugene Melnyk before Eugene Melnyk was Eugene Melynk.

Realistically, it's unlikely they'll be seriously competitive on Burrow/Tua/whoever's rookie contract anyways so where the player gets picked shouldn't matter that much to them, it's all about what the player gets developed into, and if the guy becomes a franchise QB they're going to have to pay him no matter where he's picked whether they like it or not. QB's are everything in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad