OT: 2020 NFL and NCAAF thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Well week 1 couldn't of gone any worse for SF, hopefully with the next two games being against the Jets and Giants they can work on things. Main priority is not to get more banged up.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Well week 1 couldn't of gone any worse for SF, hopefully with the next two games being against the Jets and Giants they can work on things. Main priority is not to get more banged up.
Football is such an odd sport in that way.

I never fully grasped why it's the only one without pretty dedicated regional fans.

How did you end up a niners fan? I have raiders fan friends, dolphins, cowboys, steelers, etc, etc.

Yet I don't know a single person from NJ who is a sharks, stars, panthers, red wings, Canadiens, or blackhawks fan.

Last edited:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I know most of you guys are Jets fans here, but Buffalo is a really good team now and you guys basically shut down our entire run game. There wasn't a ton of pocket penetration pressuring Allen, but the Jets line did a good job plugging holes.

Reactions: My3Sons

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I know most of you guys are Jets fans here, but Buffalo is a really good team now and you guys basically shut down our entire run game. There wasn't a ton of pocket penetration pressuring Allen, but the Jets line did a good job plugging holes.

Did they even attempt a run game?

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ

I never fully grasped why it's the only one without pretty dedicated regional fans.

How did you end up a niners fan? I have raiders fan friends, dolphins, cowboys, steelers, etc, etc.

Yet I don't know a single person from NJ who is a sharks, stars, panthers, red wings, Canadiens, or blackhawks fan.

Yeah football is weird. My gfs family is comprised of Steelers, Packers, Redskins, Browns, and Saints fans.

Then here I am, a Jets fan. Keep in mind, all of them grew up in NJ and have never lived in any other state lol

Yet, they're all "die hard" Yankees fans

The NFL by far has the most front running fans out of every sport.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago

My grandmother is the main reason I'm a 9er fan, she was a huge Joe Montana fan ( she switched to the Chiefs for a short time when he went there ) so I saw a lot of the 9ers at a young age and I idolized my grandmother when I was really young so I just became a 49er fan and it stuck.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Can anyone football savvy explain to me why the Jets are always bad? My best buddy’s been a fan as long as I’ve known him (15+ years) and they’ve pretty much always sucked.

Shouldn’t high draft picks have fixed this by now? Is there bad ownership, or?

im sorry for invading your board but I’m a Jets fan and there seems to be more Jets discussion here than on the Rangers board usually.
The answer is we’re cursed. Joe Namath sold his soul to the football Devil for that SuperBowl Guarantee, and as long as he still draws breath we’re going to be trash and not only trash but completely embarrassing as well. It’s the only explanation.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
im sorry for invading your board but I’m a Jets fan and there seems to be more Jets discussion here than on the Rangers board usually.
The answer is we’re cursed. Joe Namath sold his soul to the football Devil for that SuperBowl Guarantee, and as long as he still draws breath we’re going to be trash and not only trash but completely embarrassing as well. It’s the only explanation.

This is my theory as well

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
DJ looking greener than you'd like on some of these drives, but the OL is looking just a putrid as last year.

This team could really us a proper WR as well.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
DJ looking greener than you'd like on some of these drives, but the OL is looking just a putrid as last year.

This team could really us a proper WR as well.

The o line needs to improve or the team will just spin its wheels. The skill positions are good enough to field a competent offense even with DJ having to smooth out warts.

RyGuy

Mar 24, 2013
Medford, NJ
As a Broncos fan, I almost hung myself after last nights game. Ive never seen such poor clock management in the last 2 minutes of a game. And by clock management, I mean lack of any management.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
As a Broncos fan, I almost hung myself after last nights game. Ive never seen such poor clock management in the last 2 minutes of a game. And by clock management, I mean lack of any management.

I didn't have the patience to watch all the way to the end. My oldest did and he said you can see why Lock is the QB and that he shows good promise so at least the team is going in the right direction.

BxDevilsFan

Aug 15, 2020
Bronx
Man I hope you wrong but it could very well be TRUE. This franchise never seems to get out of its own way. They're as inept as any franchise in sports.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Here is some good news. Last Saturday was fairly boring sports wise.

"The Big Ten Conference said Wednesday that it will try to play football as soon as the weekend of Oct. 23-24, stepping back from its leadership’s decision just more than a month ago not to compete this fall because of the coronavirus pandemic."

Big Ten Will Play Football in 2020, Reversing Decision

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Good grief, the Niners' injury bug is actually starting to surpass the Jets'. Garrappolo and Bosa out after Sherman, Kittle and Deebo were already on the shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad