NBA 2020 NBA Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Oh wow, Lebron in the Finals. I never saw this coming... It's not like this would have never happened if he didn't force everybody to play. Get this rigged BS out of here.

Reactions: Stylizer1
Sep 19, 2008
Shooting is just better today.

again if the 90s had a curry shooting 12 3s a game, the scores would be higher.

Like the Warriors would run the 90s Bulls off the court with 3 after 3.
The post is basically dead in 2020

Everyone wants to jack up threes and it's a big reason NBA is losing relevance. I don't want to see a three point shooting contest

Back in my day as far back as 2000 Shaq posted up in the f***in paint. Ain't see that no more. Even AD is known for hitting three pointers on the regular. :laugh:

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
the 04 pistons were a historically good defensive team who only allowed over 100 pts once(!) in the entire playoffs and had a stretch of 5 straight games during the regular season where they held their opponent under 80 pts. that is absolutely insane and the heat are nowhere near being such a good defensive team

they're just a very balanced team who come at you from all angles. they have butler who can shoot the 3 and get to the rim, robinson, herro, and dragic can all shoot the 3, and bam is a force inside. pretty close to the nuggets, just minus jokic
I didn’t mean on the d end

I meant in terms pf having mo superstar and being well balanced

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Lakers should win in 5 or 6. Lebron and AD should be able to shut down Butler and Bam, while I don't see anyone on the Heat that's going to be able to stop Lebron. The guy is a freight train and the Heat just doesn't have the horses to defend him. It takes teams with multiple all-world defenders to stop him and the Heat isn't it.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Oh wow, Lebron in the Finals. I never saw this coming... It's not like this would have never happened if he didn't force everybody to play. Get this rigged BS out of here.

While I don't believe this is the case...it is kinda funny how LeBron jumps on bandwagons about social justice and the need for change...

But then when it comes to to stand up for something he very quickly sits back down

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone

Everyone wants to jack up threes and it's a big reason NBA is losing relevance. I don't want to see a three point shooting contest

Back in my day as far back as 2000 Shaq posted up in the f***in paint. Ain't see that no more. Even AD is known for hitting three pointers on the regular. :laugh:

Makin' me feel old. I remember the 80s, where lots of guys had an array of beautiful post up moves. And I'm not just talking about the McHale types ... even open court weapons like Worthy could post up, and devastate you with all sorts of moves/shots. Defenders being allowed more leeway kind of forced you to have those elements in your arsenal ... it was hard work to get a clean look back then.

And it wasn't like there weren't good shooters around either. Things feel out of balance right now, kind of like when iso-ball was king for a while, and it was just one guy after another taking a jumper or driving for a layup/dunk.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
People need to start putting more respect on Erik Spoelstra's name. Just an amazing feat getting an overachieving Heat to the finals. Dude is a future HOF coach in my book.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

YYCLetangStan

Aug 6, 2020
Calgary
Can’t wait til Klay and Steph return and we can go back to dummying LeBron next season. That man’s ego is already out of this world. Last thing we need is him racking up more rings.

Sep 19, 2008
You realize KD's not there anymore?
Be curious to see if they keep the high pick they got or trade it.

I'm not naive and thinking GS is going to vanish completely. But LA owns California again.

They could pick someone like the Memphis kid Wiseman.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Remember what happened the last time the Lakers and Lightning made their respective Finals in 2004? :sarcasm:

YYCLetangStan

Aug 6, 2020
Calgary
Bragging about blowing a 3-1 lead is a weird flex.

GSW would’ve won had it not been for that BS suspension handed to Green.

A fully recharged Steph-Klay-Wiggins-Draymond core with the draft pick for trade leverage means the Warriors will return to contention. Given Steph and Klay’s shooting abilities it definitely evens the playing field against LeBron and AD even if they’re a superior duo.

Reactions: Stylizer1

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
GSW would’ve won had it not been for that BS suspension handed to Green.

A fully recharged Steph-Klay-Wiggins-Draymond core with the draft pick for trade leverage means the Warriors will return to contention. Given Steph and Klay’s shooting abilities it definitely evens the playing field against LeBron and AD even if they’re a superior duo.
Cleveland won game 5 by 15 points. Green wasn't going to make up that difference. And it was a suspension for technical accumulation. Which of his techs were BS?

And Curry can't carry a lesser team, he needs other great players around him to succeed. GS had him miss the whole season with a f***ing hand injury so he wouldn't get exposed.

YYCLetangStan

Aug 6, 2020
Calgary
Cleveland won game 5 by 15 points. Green wasn't going to make up that difference. And it was a suspension for technical accumulation. Which of his techs were BS?

And Curry can't carry a lesser team, he needs other great players around him to succeed. GS had him miss the whole season with a f***ing hand injury so he wouldn't get exposed.

This season was a wash from the get-go given Klay’s injury and the fact that D’Lo was never intended to be a long-term staple.

Having Klay back and inserting Wiggins in as a 3rd scoring option, similar to Harrison Barnes in the pre-KD era, is going to make a huge difference. Draymond’s offensive game has regressed since 2016.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
This season was a wash from the get-go given Klay’s injury and the fact that D’Lo was never intended to be a long-term staple.

Having Klay back and inserting Wiggins in as a 3rd scoring option, similar to Harrison Barnes in the pre-KD era, is going to make a huge difference. Draymond’s offensive game has regressed since 2016.
Of course they will be much better when they are healthy, but it will be 6 years from their championship without Durant by next playoffs. People forget that that team was better defensively than offensively, and it's difficult to see 33 year old Curry and age 31 Green and Thompson coming off knee reconstruction being as effective, especially without Igoudala and Bogut.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018

If you can hit threes at a high enough percentage (35% or more), then it makes sense to take as many 3-point shots as possible. Because even shooting 35% in 3's will defeat teams shooting 50% shooting mostly 2's.

However, I agree with you that the game isn't as entertaining or aesthetically pleasing with all the emphasis on 3's.

I used to enjoy watching the battles in the paint, the interior post play, and the interior-perimeter dynamics.

Now it seems like the game is all about passing it around the perimeter until an open player catches it, and then a 3-point shot.

It may be more efficient and effective in winning games. Which is ultimately what counts for a basketball team.

But it isn't as entertaining for some viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad