NBA 2020 NBA Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I can't forget about Iguodala either. His best game with the Heat tonight.

Ei96khlXcAEZ0lN

Sep 19, 2008
This new NBA is so mind numbing

Watching the Celtics bomb away from 3 for 5 straight minutes and not hit a single one while the Heat increase their lead

There’s other shots to take than the 3 guys
this is the way now nobody wants to shoot up close

everything is about the three now because of the fancy analytics or golden state wannabes

smh

Reactions: grentthealien

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm not quite sure why the Celtics thought they were the 73-9 Warriors for a bit, but that cost them dearly. Especially considering they were up by like 8 with 8 minutes to go.

That's a well earned L.

All in on the Heat. Now please don't f***ing roll over for the Lakers

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
this is the way now nobody wants to shoot up close

everything is about the three now because of the fancy analytics or golden state wannabes

smh

It's certainly better than watching some knuckledraggers in the paint try to kill each other with clotheslines and elbows but seeing as you have a low IQ i could see why you would enjoy it.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I think it was at All-Star break when Stephen A Smith said his top wish for the NBA playoffs would be Heat/Lakers (or Clippers) because as he put it he didn't want to spend the Finals in Toronto or Milwaukee. Well he got his desired matchup :laugh:, too bad for him he won't be spending the Finals in either city.

Heat/Lakers? Yuck.

I wish both teams could lose.

Yeah, pretty much my feelings too. Whatever though, may the best team win.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Heat/Lakers? Yuck.

I wish both teams could lose.

Agreed. Although as a UK fan it be nice to see Davis win. (yes I know Herro/Bam are UK products but AD has a special place in my heart for 2012).

Robinson inserts the dagger.

LBJ against the team he helped lead to 2 titles and then bolted. A juicy storyline.

Meh, not really. Its been 6 years and Haslem is the only guy left from that era. I think even Riles has gotten over the smiling faces with hidden agendas thing by now.

Sep 19, 2008
It's certainly better than watching some knuckledraggers in the paint try to kill each other with clotheslines and elbows but seeing as you have a low IQ i could see why you would enjoy it.
You're just too young to remember the real NBA when teams actually played defense.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I'm still annoyed weak suspensions and injuries prevented a super dynasty for the Warriors.

Anyone think they can comeback and win it all?

Let's not act like the Warriors didn't get lucky with injuries too.

They get bounced in 5 games in 2015 vs a healthy Cavs team.

They got lucky vs the Spurs without Kawhi.

They lose vs Houston in 2018 if Paul didn't get hurt.

Reactions: Power Man
Sep 19, 2008
Defense is better now.

If teams in the 90s and 00s took the amount of 3s like today, they would be allowing more points.
implying current teams play defense

son they got rid of defense when they legislated it out of the game. used to be legal to hand check and hold. that's d kids. not the shit you see today.

freedom of movement my ass.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
implying current teams play defense

son they got rid of defense when they legislated it out of the game. used to be legal to hand check and hold. that's d kids. not the shit you see today.

freedom of movement my ass.

Shooting is just better today.

again if the 90s had a curry shooting 12 3s a game, the scores would be higher.

Like the Warriors would run the 90s Bulls off the court with 3 after 3.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I have the Lakers winning the FInals....

Although this Heat team has a 2004 Pistons vibe

Should be interesting
the 04 pistons were a historically good defensive team who only allowed over 100 pts once(!) in the entire playoffs and had a stretch of 5 straight games during the regular season where they held their opponent under 80 pts. that is absolutely insane and the heat are nowhere near being such a good defensive team

they're just a very balanced team who come at you from all angles. they have butler who can shoot the 3 and get to the rim, robinson, herro, and dragic can all shoot the 3, and bam is a force inside. pretty close to the nuggets, just minus jokic

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->