NBA 2020 NBA Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Lebron's run to the finals this year was easier than anything he's had to face in his eastern runs, and alot of these eastern runs weke cakewalks.

But still 9 out of 10 is still pretty incredible.
lolwut

have we already forgotten all those years where his cavs/heat teams faced teams with losing records in rd. 1?

Sep 19, 2008
Thanks a lot, Dell Demps. Did we REALLY need another LeBron and Friends predictable outcome?

Well, last year felt like a nice little outlier but...... 9th time in 10 years, LeBron's in the Finals.

ABC can't lose with Finals ratings regardless of MIA/BOS because the Lakers are the Lakers.

iu

Love the predictable shift from "Lakers have no shot" to "they can't beat good teams" to "it's a cakewalk".

The haters cannot get a consistent narrative

It is always changing

Sep 19, 2008
lolwut

have we already forgotten all those years where his cavs/heat teams faced teams with losing records in rd. 1?
He went up against a dangerous Houston team that was explosive offensively and a Denver team that rebounded from 3-1 TWICE

This def was no cakewalk

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
He went up against a dangerous Houston team that was explosive offensively and a Denver team that rebounded from 3-1 TWICE

This def was no cakewalk

That Houston team are bunch of notorious playoff chokers who nearly got bounced by a rebuilding OKC in the first round.

Again, nothing to be held against Lebron, it's not like he picked those teams to go up against.

Sep 19, 2008
That Houston team are bunch of notorious playoff chokers who nearly got bounced by a rebuilding OKC in the first round.

Again, nothing to be held against Lebron, it's not like he picked those teams to go up against.
they also had some of the most quickest and fastest roster out there playing small ball

they were no pushover. remember they beat LA game one!

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
Some details about the 2009-10 season, the last time the Lakers made the finals before 2020;

• LeBron was voted the MVP for the season, Kobe was third in voting and Dwight Howard was fourth.
  • Howard was voted the Defensive Player of the Year.
  • The All-Defensive First Team consisted of Kobe, Howard, LeBron and Rondo (along with Gerald Wallace).
  • Danny Green played 20 games with Cleveland in his rookie season; following the season he was waived by them and then signed with San Antonio.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I'm still annoyed weak suspensions and injuries prevented a super dynasty for the Warriors.

Anyone think they can comeback and win it all?

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
I'm still annoyed weak suspensions and injuries prevented a super dynasty for the Warriors.

Happens to every great team, GS was hardly special in that regard. The 90s Bulls missed MJ for 2 years or they might have won 8. The Magic Lakers had significant injuries to starters to deal with in '81, '83, '89, and even '91. The Bird Celtics had a number of playoffs where McHale had a bad foot, Bird had a bad back, etc.. Any of those and other teams could say, "if only ..."

The Warriors weren't particularly unlucky during their run. You go to the Finals multiple times, you should expect some bad luck at least a couple of those years.

Reactions: John Price
Sep 19, 2008

The circle of life

They'll be decent but the Lakers run California now

Also GS went to 5 straight finals, finishing 3-2. Their time was decent but it's time for a new king. This is not the 60's when the Celtics can win 10 or 11 straight NBA titles

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012

They were extraordinarily fortunate in terms of opponents injuries, which you seem to have omitted. Every opponent in 2015 had an injured pg, Zaza taking out Kawhi in 2017, Chris Paul getting injured up 3-2 in 2018. If it weren't for injuries, maybe the Warriors have zero rings.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

why the hell would you want to see the warriors win the title year after year? 4 years of the same finals matchup got old pretty quick

unless you're a warriors fan

Sep 19, 2008
They were extraordinarily fortunate in terms of opponents injuries, which you seem to have omitted. Every opponent in 2015 had an injured pg, Zaza taking out Kawhi in 2017, Chris Paul getting injured up 3-2 in 2018. If it weren't for injuries, maybe the Warriors have zero rings.
This is a good point. People brought up how Warriors faced weak competition too when they were dominating. Then when Toronto beat them they thought they had "exposed" the Warriors :laugh:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Championship level close by Miami.

Big bounceback game by Bam. Best player on the floor tonight.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Honestly, I don't even care about Celtics/Lakers. Once L.A. knocked out Denver, any interest I had in these Finals went out the window.

I'd rather watch a Marlins/Blue Jays WS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad