NBA 2020 NBA Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
These NBA playoffs have been awful.
There haven't been many interesting series. Mostly blowouts.

As much as I laughed at the Clippers losing and causing ESPN to get sad, perhaps a Lakers vs. Clippers series may have added some drama to the playoffs.

As for the Finals now? The Heat probably aren't a championship calibre team. They were simply the East winners. The East has had a problem for a long time in the NBA.

A lot of analysts blame it on the weather. Most players want to go to warm weather markets. Most of the best coaches and GMs want to live in warm weather markets. This causes the team teams in the West to have an advantage over the teams in the East.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Just a disaster for Miami and the offense is even more of a concern than the defense. They had a really hard time after the Lakers went small and started switching everything. It was going to be very tough for Miami regardless and now the injuries are already piling up.

That looks bad for Dragic. He didn’t roll his ankle and he barely touched Rondo’s foot. He took a step, looked down after he felt something, and is now reportedly limping badly. Hopefully it’s not this serious but that’s something you see when it’s an Achilles injury. There some unconfirmed reports that he’s done for the series.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Saw Paul Pierce being awful brought up. Said it before, but TNT completely blows ESPN/ABC away in everything (announcers, pre-game show, network personalities etc.) when it comes to NBA coverage. It's not even close, TNT is so much better.

This series looks like it's gonna be a quick one.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Saw Paul Pierce being awful brought up. Said it before, but TNT completely blows ESPN/ABC away in everything (announcers, pre-game show, network personalities etc.) when it comes to NBA coverage. It's not even close, TNT is so much better.

This series looks like it's gonna be a quick one.
ESPN has better announcers but everything else I agree with.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
ESPN has better announcers but everything else I agree with.

I have to disagree although I will say TNT's announcers aren't setting the world on fire, but they don't make me mute the TV or switch to espanol audio like the Breen/Van Gundy/Jackson trio. People love JvG and that's fine, but I personally do not and wish he would take a coaching job so I don't have to hear him anymore.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I think Jackson is the bigger problem. Breen/JVG were fine as a two-man booth in 2012-2013.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I have to disagree although I will say TNT's announcers aren't setting the world on fire, but they don't make me mute the TV or switch to espanol audio like the Breen/Van Gundy/Jackson trio. People love JvG and that's fine, but I personally do not and wish he would take a coaching job so I don't have to hear him anymore.
I can't imagine someone disliking Van Gundy. He's the only announcer who isn't a complete company man and will actually criticize the refs and the league.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
AD gonna get FMVP...(unless they give it to LeBron for narrative) but he still a clown.

Oh well, *ring lolz

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
I mean I don't have any problem with the NBA, or think its objectively bad or anything, but the fact that a pretty bumbling front office in LA who's struggled to put anything of worth together for years superteamed their way to what appears to be coasting to a Championship is emblematic of what I don't really like about the league

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
This all seems awfully strange given everything that has happened this year. All I'm going to say about that.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
this might actually benefit them

nunn played great tonight. if he can return to his regular season form, the dragic injury won't really matter

Dragic is their third best player, the leading scorer, and the best at running the pick and roll with Bam. This absolutely does not benefit them in any way. It's a huge loss.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Dragic is their third best player, the leading scorer, and the best at running the pick and roll with Bam. This absolutely does not benefit them in any way. It's a huge loss.
nunn started every regular season game for them and was right up there with morant as one of the top performing rookies

he's struggled really bad in the playoffs, but if last night was a sign that he's broken out of his slump then they really won't miss dragic that much

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Miami was toast even before the injuries and now they're burnt toast. LeBron still has another gear and they have no answer for Davis. The Lakers are the class of the NBA right now and as long as LeBron and Davis stay healthy it's hard to see that changing next year.
Miami and Boston have good futures but the fact that this banged up Miami team beat Boston makes me wonder if Boston is as good as some people think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad