NBA 2020 NBA Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
I don't think cap is a factor when Steve Ballmer doesn't give an iota of a shit about spending money to build a championship caliber roster.

Only thing is i'm not sure about is if overpaying Dragic or VanVleet is the answer to the Clippers woes.

The Clippers desperately need leadership as well. Kawhi's a player but the guy is a robot, just not the type of guy who's going to rally the troops.

Chris Paul checks off all the boxes here.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He did still kind of screw over those teams though.

Meh, both got a championship out of it so I don't think its that bad for them.

Last night Paul George said this wasn't championship or bust, two months after saying it was championship or bust on Kevin Hart's podcast.

When you trade a top young player and a bunch of draft picks for a player.... then trade another first at the deadline.... that kind of says its championship or bust. Or when your two star players are only under contract for 2 years.

I'd like to know where Beal finished as well, believe hes the first guard ever to average 30 PPG and not make an All-NBA team.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
The Raptors have a ring because of him. Give me a break with this narrative.
Exactly. Toronto knew exactly what they were getting into and took a gamble and it paid off. I dont understand why they are so bitter, they won it all because of him, but are acting like he failed and then bolted.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
It’s possible for both things to be true.
No, it's not. He didn't give them a guarantee he was going to sign, quite the contrary. They got what they wanted out of him. I have no idea why some feel so entitled, like a needy partner. It's business, Raptors got what they paid for and then some, quit whining because he left after he did his job.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
No, it's not. He didn't give them a guarantee he was going to sign, quite the contrary. They got what they wanted out of him. I have no idea why some feel so entitled, like a needy partner. It's business, Raptors got what they paid for and then some, quit whining because he left after he did his job.

He made a bad decision and screwed over everyone he was involved with, including himself. Raps had a chance to repeat. He could’ve gotten more money and one more ring. Clippers wouldn’t have mortgaged their foreseeable future for PG.

It was a shortsighted decision and he’s diminished his own legacy as a result of all the criticism he’s facing now.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
I'd like to know where Beal finished as well, believe hes the first guard ever to average 30 PPG and not make an All-NBA team.

A closer look at how the voting turned out for players listed as guards;

Player1st team votes2nd team votes3rd team votesTotal points
James Harden8992474
Luka Doncic59401416
Damian Lillard6828284
Chris Paul25233199
Ben Simmons093461
Russell Westbrook092956
Bradley Beal032332
Kyle Lowry031726
Trae Young011013
Donovan Mitchell01710
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

1st team vote - 5 points, 2nd team vote - 3 points, 3rd team vote - 1 point.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
That’s not even true. If playing at home was the most important thing he wouldn’t have forced his hometown team to give up a fortune for his best friend just to get him to sign.
One doesnt have to do with the other. The bottom line was he was going to sign with LA when he became a FA. This was fairly well known, even at the time of his trade to Toronto. No one was screwed.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
One doesnt have to do with the other. The bottom line was he was going to sign with LA when he became a FA. This was fairly well known, even at the time of his trade to Toronto. No one was screwed.

Sure it does. If he left TO and signed in LA without forcing the Clippers’ hand, I’d be a lot more understanding. The way he tried to have his cake and eat it too, the way he tried to orchestrate moves behind the scenes - it all tells me he wasn’t being genuine to either the Raps or the Clippers. For me that’s enough to qualify as screwing over both teams.

The fact that his moves blew up spectacularly in his face is his own doing.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
The dude tells it like it is - he wasn't genuine
It blew up spectacularly in his face, the world is ending - didn't reach conf Finals in his first go around

Hilarious

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The dude tells it like it is - he wasn't genuine
It blew up spectacularly in his face, the world is ending - didn't reach conf Finals in his first go around

Hilarious

If you do some research into everything that happened behind the scenes that offseason and then everything that’s happening behind the scenes with the Clippers this season, it isn’t so hilarious.

Well, it is, but only because he somehow managed to misread the situation so badly with both teams and bought into his own hype a little too much in thinking he could orchestrate a winner by himself.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Sure it does. If he left TO and signed in LA without forcing the Clippers’ hand, I’d be a lot more understanding. The way he tried to have his cake and eat it too, the way he tried to orchestrate moves behind the scenes - it all tells me he wasn’t being genuine to either the Raps or the Clippers. For me that’s enough to qualify as screwing over both teams.

The fact that his moves blew up spectacularly in his face is his own doing.
You can argue he screwed the Clippers, but not Toronto. He was never signing in Toronto from the get go.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
You can argue he screwed the Clippers, but not Toronto. He was never signing in Toronto from the get go.

I’m not sure about the last sentence. If the Clippers held firm and didn’t make the PG trade and Masai gave in and did, he’d probably be in Toronto.

I think he was willing to go to whoever caved in to his demands. His preference was L.A., which is why he wanted more from Toronto.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I’m not sure about the last sentence. If the Clippers held firm and didn’t make the PG trade and Masai gave in and did, he’d probably be in Toronto.

I think he was willing to go to whoever caved in to his demands. His preference was L.A., which is why he wanted more from Toronto.
You should be, as he said as much. He was never staying in Toronto and that was acknowledged from the get go. He was going to either LA team. He didnt screw them because his plan was always to go to LA.

He actually did the opposite of screwing Toronto. He gave them leverage against the Spurs in the trade because the Spurs refused to accommodate him and trade him to LA

He could have pouted about not being traded were he wanted to go, but instead he played his ass off and won Toronto a ring and Toronto fans want to say he screwed them. Crazy

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Stein probably doesn't put this out there unless it's expected to happen. That'd be a huge relief for the Raptors after all the speculation about Masai possibly leaving.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
You should be, as he said as much. He was never staying in Toronto and that was acknowledged from the get go. He was going to either LA team. He didnt screw them because his plan was always to go to LA.

He actually did the opposite of screwing Toronto. He gave them leverage against the Spurs in the trade because the Spurs refused to accommodate him and trade him to LA

Masai had a trade on the table that would’ve kept Kawhi in Toronto. I believe it was something like OG, FVV, Siakam and multiple picks for PG and Westbrook.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

He could have pouted about not being traded were he wanted to go, but instead he played his ass off and won Toronto a ring and Toronto fans want to say he screwed them. Crazy
He screwed the Spurs too.

Could have easily had two rings with TO but decided to pull some shady behind the scenes stuff and ended up costing TO another title run and the Clippers their entire foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad