NBA 2020 NBA Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The Clippers didn't really have to make the George trade, they got impatient and tried to become instant contenders but Kawhi wouldn't come without assurances they'd add a 2nd star, all the other, better options wouldn't come to them, and Presti bent them over in a trade for a borderline top 15 player

The Clippers did this to themselves, they had a really fun, scrappy underdog team that punched above their weight class last year, if they felt that Kawhi's demands were unreasonable they should have stayed the course and they probably could have been in the Giannis sweepstakes in the 2021 offseason, now they're one more playoff disappointment away from becoming the Billy King Nets 2.0

Well obviously there's free will and no one forced any team to do anything. But in this era where players control teams, Kawhi more or less screwed over the Spurs and the Clippers. And to a lesser degree the Raptors.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
I agree, though I guess it depends in if he really wanted to be in LA or not. He could have went to the lakers. The Clippers traded all that for George for maybe just two years of him and Kawhi as both can opt out. Immense pressure next year for the Clippers.

He could have gone to the Lakers but he believed his own media hype for winning a lucky ring so he thought he could beat LeBron. Was getting too cocky with the whole "new king in LA" commercial bs too. Got exposed for the fraud that he is.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Didn't watch the game but apparently Kawhi and PG went 2-18 combined from the field in 2nd half.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Once Clips went 3-1 up you could tell they started getting a bit cocky. At least that's what it felt like to me especially when they were up big in game 5. Can't be cocky when you haven't won anything.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Once Clips went 3-1 up you could tell they started getting a bit cocky. At least that's what it felt like to me especially when they were up big in game 5. Can't be cocky when you haven't won anything.

they probably thought DEN was gonna run out of gas.

Sep 19, 2008
You people don't understand

Nuggets did good beating Utah and Clippers

the Lakers are a whole different animal

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
George saying this team wasn't built to win now..... uhhh yes it was. That was evident as soon as they traded SGA and a truck load of picks for you. Good to see Playoff P with a staggering 10 pts in a winner take all game.

Also - LOL

I don't think hes one to live in the past or ask "what if" and after they acquired PG, he 100% thought they were good enough to win the west (most of us did). But Raptors were bringing back nearly the same team + adding guys like Davis, so staying there could have very well resulted in a repeat finals appearance.

That Paul Pierce trade just keeps on giving *sigh*

Meh, Nets rebounded pretty good. They were able to hire Marks, and then still draft/acquire guys like LeVert, Allen, Dinwiddie and Harris. Then of course secured the ultimate coup with KD & Kyrie. They were able to sign an elite free agent before Boston did.

Last edited:

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Even if they draft a stud or trade the pick for another star nothing will compare to the KD Warriors rosters, and I think a lot of people have over looked the losses of Iguodala and Livingston, the Warriors depth chart is straight trash now without them

Ky Bowman? f*** outta here

I think a team to watch next year is Brooklyn.

KD/Kyrie with a deep bench, Don't see any eastern team beating them if they stay healthy.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
The Clippers secondary scoring never got going in the playoffs. Lou Will never recovered from his little strip club adventure and Trez came in broken and looked that way throughout. Kawhi was pretty much the only player they could rely on throughout.

Paul George really is something. Actually, it seems that outside of Kawhi, those So-Cal players are all humongous chokers (Harden, PG-13, Westbrick, etc.)

The "Bubble" might be what ends up saving Doc's job. They perhaps fool themselves into thinking that if the games were played in regular settings, they make it to the conference finals.

The major upgrade the Clippers need, outside of coaching, is at point guard. Could they perhaps get Chris Paul from rebuilding OKC? CP3 has a big contract and OKC already have all of the Clippers assets though lol

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I’d get a C before I get a PG. especially after last night. Beverly was excellent but they had no answer for Jokic all series and when Zubac got into foul trouble, Green and Trezz had no answer.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ

KD/Kyrie with a deep bench, Don't see any eastern team beating them if they stay healthy.

If KD is still the player he once was they have a chance to win the east

The problem is his injury is a career killer in most instances, a blown Achilles is usually a death sentence

I like Durant a lot, and I think he's actually become underrated as a talent due to the GSW move so I hope he comes back full force, I'm just highly skeptical

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

imo it depends on where they trade levert too. GMs KD and Kyrie see this asset at max value so i think it depends on which PF/SF they get in a trade

Allen/DAJ
insert PF here or maybe Durant
Durant or maybe SF
Harris
Kyrie

that looks a lot more dangerous then levert off the bench especially since he is a more impact-full player with the ball in his hands which wont work with kyrie and KD imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad