NBA 2020 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
It's not an assumption at all. Unless you think being forced into interment camps, being forced to abort your children, being genitally mutilated, forced to eat forbidden foods, and working slave-labour style hours with no pay is something that's comparable to the people of colour living in the West.

Do some research first.
I will do that, while you do some research on how black people are treated in this country.

And nobody said they should care about it MORE than things that affect their families. But the eery silence from literally EVERY NBA player and executive aside from Morey on the issues with China speaks volumes, ESPECIALLY when it was brought to LeBron's attention and he refused to talk about it.
Why..would they speak on subject they have no idea about? Why are they, and nobody else, expected to speak on subjects they have no idea about?

Dumb.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I will do that, while you do some research on how black people are treated in this country.

Why..would they speak on subject they have no idea about? Why are they, and nobody else, expected to speak on subjects they have no idea about?

Dumb.

They are treated MUCH better than the Uyghur's in China.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
They are treated MUCH better than the Uyghur's in China.
Are they that much better? Maybe you should actually talk to black people.

Also, if thats true, it still doesn't mean they are treated as they should be. So either way you can't use CHINA as excuse to shut down BLM.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Also, if thats true, it still doesn't mean they are treated as they should be. So either way you can't use CHINA as excuse to shut down BLM.

Interment camps, having your organs harvested.... yea I'd say they have it worse in China

yeah, dragic and adebayo sure made a difference when they were healthy in game 1 and their team was........down by 30

stay salty pat

He's been salty about LeBron ever since his petty "smiling faces, hidden agendas" comment. But he acts like his team was the first ever finals team to have major injuries :laugh:

Reactions: John Price

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Dumb.
Why are they speaking on BLM movement, then?

I'm not denying black people, and people of colour overall aren't treated as equals in the West. That's just a fact. However, the majority of them overall live fairly decent lives.

And then over here, when Uyghur's are literally having to go through arguably the worst crimes against humanity since the Holocaust, there's no argument to be made in comparing to people of colour in the West. People of colour live like kings and queens compared to those Uyghur's.

Again, I'm not saying they have to prioritize it over what they're more comfortable with. What I AM saying is when pressed on the matter, don't just brush it to the side like it's no big deal. Don't stay eerily silent while Morey is bringing light to the issue of how horrible things are in China. Education isn't difficult in today's day and age. It's not hard for these people to literally google this stuff and find out the appalling things taking place. They just choose not to because China = $$$$$.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Interment camps, having your organs harvested.... yea I'd say they have it worse in China

He's been salty about LeBron ever since his petty "smiling faces, hidden agendas" comment. But he acts like his team was the first ever finals team to have major injuries :laugh:
yeah, he's clearly still not over lebron's departure from miami. by that logic, his '88 lakers title should have an asterisk next to it because of thomas's ankle injury

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Did you seriously ask why a black man speaks about Black Lives Matter?
Yes. If they have no idea on the subject, like you stated, why should they be speaking about it? Because the majority of these athletes speaking about it truly haven't done any research whatsoever. They just latch onto mainstream ideas powered by social media driving engines to pour gasoline on the fire.

Sep 19, 2008
They ran into a better team

How is the LAkers title an asterisk? There was no home court advantage. The LAkers worked hard and got their title.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
They ran into a better team

How is the LAkers title an asterisk? There was no home court advantage. The LAkers worked hard and got their title.

Riley can be a sore loser at times and has had a grudge against LeBron ever since he went back to CLE. (Even tho he delivered Riles 2 titles and made the franchise God knows how much money)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Pat Riley walks back 'asterisk' talk, calls Lakers' title 'legitimate'

Well now, hes walking back his comment. Putting an asterisk on the Heats loss is the same thing tho.

He's just clarifying because people were mad at the headlines. If you listen to what he said or read the full quotes you'd see that he gave the Lakers all the credit and said they won fair and square. He didn't even go as far as saying the Heat would've won if they were healthy, all he said was they could've possibly pushed the series to 7 games.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

That was quick. So much for taking time off and spending the next year or so with his kids. He almost went to Philly a couple of years ago but ultimately decided to stay in Houston. Maybe he saw where things were headed and just wanted to jump ship.

Morey with Doc, that roster, and that playing style? This is going to be interesting.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
surprised he was able to find work again given his commentary

that's all I'll say about that :sarcasm:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
All about the $$$, baby. Ask all of these players if they'll ever take a stand for the people suffering right now in China, and they won't do a damn thing.

I like how players are expected to speak up on something they know nothing about and can relate to. Where's Silver and the big wigs? Where are all the Conservative "SJW" who seem to "care" so much since they continually bring it up, what are they doing about all of this?

The players can relate to the stuff that they see going on in their country in their neghborhoods to their people, even if they aren't impacted by it.

The "Chynah!" retort (read in Donald Trump voice) is a conservative whataboutism who don't like BLM and that movement, happening in their own country....

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Riley can be a sore loser at times and has had a grudge against LeBron ever since he went back to CLE. (Even tho he delivered Riles 2 titles and made the franchise God knows how much money)

He's upset Bron never delivered 5 titles as he promised in his speech.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
surprised he was able to find work again given his commentary

that's all I'll say about that :sarcasm:

I give Ferttita credit for not firing him despite the CCP calling for his head. But the Sixers love their fancy stats so makes sense why they would hire him.

He's upset Bron never delivered 5 titles as he promised in his speech.

One of the greatest speeches of all time :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad