NBA 2020 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I got to give Sam Presti credit. He held onto Chris Paul after the trade and said I am not treating him like a cap dump when most people thought that’s what he was at the time.
So he keeps him on the roster this season, has a great season, and now he can fetch some assets.

with a billions of 1st round picks, they may get one more and some high upside prospect.

Reactions: yvrtojfk

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
i

i

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

That would suck as a fan of a team in the East. Jrue is one of the best defensive PGs in the NBA and Kemba is closer to the other end of that spectrum. The Celtics had to try and hide him on defense the entire playoffs. That's also a contract that you can already tell probably won't age well. He's a smaller guard with concerning knee issues this past season and has 3 years, $108M left on his deal. Tatum, Brown, Smart, and Jrue would be terrifying at the defensive end and good on offense as well.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
OK - to be honest I thought Holiday was about 3 or 4 years older than Walker ( Holiday is actually about a month younger so age is obviously no longer a factor ) which was a big part of me originally not liking this proposed deal. Being a Bruins fan you know I like good strong defensive play from all my favorite teams so adding Holiday would certainly be appealing. I guess it depends on what else is included in the deal. :dunno:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Here we go:

Rumour of Harden for LeVert, Dinwiddie, Allen and 4 first... What ya'll think of that?

All good players but if I'm the Rockets then I'm looking for at least one young player with star/all-star potential in a Harden trade. I don't know who that'd be but there's gotta be someone out there. I'd rather even take my chances with Simmons than all of those pieces if the Sixers are willing to move him.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
Here we go:

All good players but if I'm the Rockets then I'm looking for at least one young player with star/all-star potential in a Harden trade. I don't know who that'd be but there's gotta be someone out there. I'd rather even take my chances with Simmons than all of those pieces if the Sixers are willing to move him.

I'm pretty high on LeVert and Allen but I agree they'd probably shoot their shot with another bonafide star. I could see a 3 way trade going down?

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm pretty high on LeVert and Allen but I agree they'd probably shoot their shot with another bonafide star. I could see a 3 way trade going down?

I like them too but Levert is already 26 and I believe both of them need new contracts and big raises pretty soon. That's why I think if you're going the expensive route then try to get someone like Simmons and build around him. Otherwise go really young with someone who has a lot of potential. Having said that, it may not matter what they want if Harden makes it difficult and says he only wants to go to the Nets. They're under no obligation to do what he says since he's under contract but stars usually get what they want.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
I like them too but Levert is already 26 and I believe both of them need new contracts and big raises pretty soon. That's why I think if you're going the expensive route then try to get someone like Simmons and build around him. Otherwise go really young with someone who has a lot of potential. Having said that, it may not matter what they want if Harden makes it difficult and says he only wants to go to the Nets. They're under no obligation to do what he says since he's under contract but stars usually get what they want.
Had no Levert was already that old and the situation of their contracts. Yeah, it's a hard pass IMO.

Hopefully, we find out what happens tomorrow.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If Harden is truly getting moved. I feel like LaVert and Allen isn't even close to getting it done.

We're talking about a former league MVP, top 5 player, probably the best pure scorer in basketball right now. At least with the Philly rumors Simmons is a good starting point. Struggles aside Simmons is still a really solid player and is only age 24

Reactions: leafsfan5

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Am I the only one that thinks Harden on the Nets is a bad idea and has the potential be toxic as hell?

Harden and Big Brain Kyrie both trying iso ball with Durant saying hurry up and pass it to me.

Bradley Beal is who you target, he doesnt need the ball like Klay Thompson

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I honestly cant see Harden getting moved. Houston for one will probably lose that trade, nevermind the fact it makes 0 sense for them to send him packing. Even if they dont make the finals they will at least make the playoffs year in and year out.

Then theres the fact hes owed a massive of money.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If he's turning down $50M/yr then it's a wrap. When it happens and to what team is up in the air but he's done in Houston. They should hold out for a better deal than the Nets quantity offer though.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
He doesn't have a NTC. He has 2 years left+ a player option. If I am Houston I am telling to Harden **** off and we control the process, not him.
I agree with you but the player empowerment movement is large these days. If i were the Rockets I would be open to trading him but not for a deal that revolves around Levert.

Reactions: Evil Speaker

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Him turning down 50 million is ****ing bonkers and should really send the message that you need to get him off the roster ASAP.

If i'm the Rockets i'm telling him you either go to Philly, or you're staying here. The Nets package of LaVert and Allen isn't even close to getting it done. Philly can at least offer Ben Simmons who is far more valuable.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Am I the only one that thinks Harden on the Nets is a bad idea and has the potential be toxic as hell?

Harden and Big Brain Kyrie both trying iso ball with Durant saying hurry up and pass it to me.

Bradley Beal is who you target, he doesnt need the ball like Klay Thompson

No, you're not.

It would be funny to watch the 3 of them implode and point the finger at one another when things are going bad, so I'm all for it. Plus Harden is turning down $50million a year so that makes it all the more hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad