GDT: 2020 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Kershaw broke 2.5k, insane. Ring or not, people need to appreciate the greatest pitcher of his generation more.

Clayton Kershaw is not greatest pitcher of his generaton

The "Greatest" wouldn't have history of falling apart when it matters most

Justin Verlander or Max Scherzer are more fitting of the title "Greatest of this generation"

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
You said IF they want to, and I replied they don't need to.

That's it. Relax fella lol.

Yeah, that’s exactly what I said. I still think your reading comprehension sucks. I mean why did you even have to argue with what I said? I simply said they have to do those things if they want to stay competitive because that’s their only option. And they don’t have to? Whaaat? You know people’s jobs are on the line, right? Of course the Rays’ employees starting from the scouts to the front office have to do everything possible to stay competitive so that they can keep their jobs.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Yeah, that’s exactly what I said. I still think your reading comprehension sucks. I mean why did you even have to argue with what I said? I simply said they have to do those things if they want to stay competitive because that’s their only option. And they don’t have to? Whaaat? You know people’s jobs are on the line, right? Of course the Rays’ employees starting from the scouts to the front office have to do everything possible to stay competitive so that they can keep their jobs.
I kinda doubt most baseball team owners actually care about winning.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Having no option other than Michael King means Brian Cashman should be fired.

Have you taken a look at other teams and what they're having to roll out for SP because of this compacted schedule and injuries?

Everybody (well, mostly everybody) is having to roll out scrubs.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
It's not like he didn't go out and sign the best FA pitcher available. I hate the Yankees, btw, but most of this is due to the COVID season.
Which is turning out to be a dud. Cashman has NEVER gotten a good starter after 2009.

Tanaka is ok, but he is no where near living up to the expectations coming in.

This guy is terrible.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Which is turning out to be a dud. Cashman has NEVER gotten a good starter after 2009.

Tanaka is ok, but he is no where near living up to the expectations coming in.

This guy is terrible.

All you can do is acquire the guys who are supposed to be good. If he didn't sign Cole you probably would've been on him too.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
All you can do is acquire the guys who are supposed to be good. If he didn't sign Cole you probably would've been on him too.
Cashman has done nothing right, though. Like I get not every acquisition can be a hit but every starter he got was a failure, after 2009.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Cashman has done nothing right, though. Like I get not every acquisition can be a hit but every starter he got was a failure, after 2009.

He's not perfect but he's still an above average (if not good) GM. Usually steals star players in trades by trading away overvalued prospects, he wins those kinds of trades a lot.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
He's not perfect but he's still an above average (if not good) GM. Usually steals star players in trades by trading away overvalued prospects, he wins those kinds of trades a lot.
None of that matters if he can't put a good rotation together. That's why Yankees always bounce out of the playoffs. This is unacceptable.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
None of that matters if he can't put a good rotation together. That's why Yankees always bounce out of the playoffs. This is unacceptable.

You said he's done nothing right, I'm just saying the grass isn't always greener on the other side with another GM.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
You're picking the best examples. There are probably at least 20 other teams and GMs that have done worse.
None of them have the same budget as Yankees.

Seriously, why should it be acceptable as a Yankees fan that Red Sox won twice while this team does f*** all?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Dodgers at least get to World Series and their rotation isn't trash.

Maybe they don't get bang for the buck either but they are in a different class than Yankees.

They lost to the same team of cheaters that you did.

And Friedman is supposed to be one of the best GMs in the game, so if he can't get the big trophy, is he not good enough too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad