GDT: 2020 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Been watching TB-NY tonight, but switching over to ChiW-Min, the Twins are handling Chicago 4-1 in the 5th.
Twins ace Jose Berrios on the mound.

Twins and White Sox could be developing into top notch clubs at the same time.
Looking forward to years of Chi-Min rivalry games once again....even if there is no Ozzie Guillen to make things oh-so-interesting as only he can.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Just goes to show....anyone really does have a chance in this 60-game sprint season.

Lots of possible "pretenders" doing very well.... San Diego, Detroit right now, the Marlins, maybe the A's, hell, even my Rays, as I don't think the Rays really are a near .700 ball club.

Possible some of those are for real, and would have been near the top in a 162 game campaign anyways, but we won't know that for sure this season.

I don't think the Tigers can sustain, but again, they just gotta be good for stretches to stay relevant in a shortened season.
Add Minnesota to your arbitrary list.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i think the A's record is far better than the team actually is

their rotation has been inconsistent and the offense can't hit starters and Ks far too much. their only strengths so far have been the bullpen and hitting opposing bullpens

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

their rotation has been inconsistent and the offense can't hit starters and Ks far too much. their only strengths so far have been the bullpen and hitting opposing bullpens
Imagine underperforming on the field and still having a 22-12 record. Their hitters are going to start getting on more as at bats increase. This rest probably did a guy like Semien and his side some good.

Hopefully Luzardo or Montas steps up before the playoffs because we need a guy to lean on in a big game.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Imagine underperforming on the field and still having a 22-12 record. Their hitters are going to start getting on more as at bats increase. This rest probably did a guy like Semien and his side some good.

Hopefully Luzardo or Montas steps up before the playoffs because we need a guy to lean on in a big game.
having a lights out bullpen goes a long way. just ask the 2015 royals

the Ks are alarming though. they've stolen a handful of wins just by being clutch as hell, but waiting for the opposing bullpen to come in before they start hitting isn't gonna work most of the time, and especially not against pitchers like cole and verlander. hopefully guys like montas and bassitt can get their shit together ASAP

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016

Watch THIS A's team end up being the one that advances in the playoffs because baseball

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Feels like the Rays are cheapskates payroll wise, yet basically their farm system seemingly has nothing but stud pitchers

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Mets absolutely had to win this one for Seaver. Glad they were able to pull it out.

And in the "only in 2020" department:

• Edwin Diaz (of all people!) pitched a 1-2 top of the 10th (DJ LeMahieu lined out to lead off, and Tyler Wade (the runner placed on second) got doubled off, thinking the ball was going to drop for a hit. Luke Voit then struck out).
  • Pete Alonso then led off the bottom of the 10th with a walk-off 2-run homer (Dom Smith having been placed on second).

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
You said they have no other option.

Sure they do. Not be competitive and rake in money like the Pirates.
you don't realize what the Yankees own outright do you, BK..... since when does Piitsburgh own their own television network, for one major example, where did you think YES Network came from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad