Golf: 2020 Masters Tournament - November 12-15

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why does everyone hate DeChambeau?
So he's a perfectionist. What he does is no different than TW dropping F-bombs when he makes a bad shot.

BTW I hope they lengthen the par 5s on the back 9 a bit. They're a bit too easy for these guys.

I don’t hate him, but he’s a tool. Wouldn’t call myself a fan though due to his style of play, and I find it hard to root for someone like him. Tiger was so dominant. We were fans of that, not everything else surrounding him. Bryson is nowhere near as dominant.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I don’t hate him, but he’s a tool. Wouldn’t call myself a fan though due to his style of play, and I find it hard to root for someone like him. Tiger was so dominant. We were fans of that, not everything else surrounding him. Bryson is nowhere near as dominant.
TW was a tool as well. Bryson is nowhere as good as TW and that's why he's loathed more.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
TW was a tool as well. Bryson is nowhere as good as TW and that's why he's loathed more.

Not really. Tiger was just an asshole and socially awkward. Bryson is a full on tool, in my opinion. I think there’s a difference, but to each their own. Even if Tiger was a tool, I think we would’ve all rooted for him, regardless.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Not really. Tiger was just an asshole and socially awkward. Bryson is a full on tool, in my opinion. I think there’s a difference, but to each their own. Even if Tiger was a tool, I think we would’ve all rooted for him, regardless.
It would have been one thing if TW made an effort to be nicer to his fans when he was good. I know there were a lot of them, but he could have made more of an effort. It amazes me at this point that pro athletes don't realize that it's the fans that pay them. Obviously you have to pick and choose, and if he wanted to do more like have appearances during the weekend prior to a tourney or such, when he wasn't playing or such. I have no problem with athletes monetizing their john hancock or anything. I could have bought that. Instead, he took the entitled athlete approach. We all rooted for him because he was great, and people enjoy greatness. There were people in golf that couldn't stand him 10-20 years ago.

I'm as big of a TW fan as anyone, and I only like Golf because of him. That being said, I understand why he was a villain to some. It's the same reason why I hate Brady and Belichick.

Last edited:

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Bryson in shambles early. Not good for me. While I hate him, I picked him in each of my 3 pools. Stupid me

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I think we should keep in mind that peak Bryson with his driving won’t be seen during a Fall Masters. The ball doesn’t go as far. We’ll see this approach at its most exciting in April.
I got tickets to the Tuesday practice round. I hope they'll allow fans in by then. Would love to see it in person haha

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Tiger on 13 in 2!

He didnt think he had enough, but he's there. Hopefully he didnt hurt his back with that swing

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
TW lucky this is November and not April as that probably goes in the drink normally.

I can't believe how these early groups are making a mess of the 13th hole. That's the easiest hole on the whole course.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This might be Westwood final chance to win a major.

One of the most underrated players ever. He’s firmly first place on my best player to never win a major list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad