Matt Kuchar+6500
Matthew Fitzpatrick+6500
Phil Mickelson+6500
Abraham Ancer+8000
Cameron Smith+8000
Danny Willett+8000
Lee Westwood+8000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Hoping Bryson wins it, the salt would be glorious.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Looking directly at Big Brooks to take down the Bryson menace. He's gotta do something to get back in my good books after Harding Park.

That being said, Bryson is likely winning by 20 or so shots.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Bryson live on Golf Channel right now talking about his new driver and confirming what was written in that Tweet about how he had a Wedge or Short Iron in hand on basically every approach shot during his practice rounds. unless he gets some bad luck with putts not falling into the cup, he should win it.

He says while he's gotten good results with the driver so far, he's still not sure if he's gonna break it out because of unknowns and how soon the Masters is.

144 MPH clubhead speed....f***ing bonkers.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I haven’t thought that much about it, but I think I’m going with Rory.

All the outside pressure is off of him. People are talking about Bryson or these so called “underrated” options who’ve not won a major, and Rory’s starting to round into form. He’s going for the career grand slam. I think some of the direction of media discussion going to all these unproven guys will favor him. The fact that he’s went so many Masters without competing the career grand slam has had this storyline lose some of its emphasis. And I also think Rory is due in majors. He’s too good to go that many majors without winning, especially when you look at his win rate in non-majors and that beforehand he was pretty good in majors.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bryson live on Golf Channel right now talking about his new driver and confirming what was written in that Tweet about how he had a Wedge or Short Iron in hand on basically every approach shot during his practice rounds. unless he gets some bad luck with putts not falling into the cup, he should win it.

He says while he's gotten good results with the driver so far, he's still not sure if he's gonna break it out because of unknowns and how soon the Masters is.

144 MPH clubhead speed....f***ing bonkers.

The biggest question for Bryson, in my opinion, will be his putting. ANGC doesn’t allow green reading books. Bryson likes to use those because of science and data. When it becomes more about feel, he doesn’t rank very high. In fact, his putting at the Masters has been terrible during his brief career in Masters competition.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
What happens if a player tests positive for COVID while in contention? Are we going to have this major decided by COVID? I would think there should be some protocols in place. Let them go off by themselves either before or after the rest of the field.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
The good news about Doucheambeau is that he'll likely be out of golf in two years

Hopefully the damn tropical system that has been around for weeks won't screw this up

All four of Rory's majors have come in soft, rain delayed, conditions. Is this is year?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
The good news about Doucheambeau is that he'll likely be out of golf in two years

Hopefully the damn tropical system that has been around for weeks won't screw this up

All four of Rory's majors have come in soft, rain delayed, conditions. Is this is year?

??

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
More than anything, I think what might end the Fat Bryson reign is that his life might start getting in the way. If life never got in the way, Tiger would've won over 20 majors easily, and maybe 30. Bryson's workout regimens are crazy. He does not train like a pro golfer. He's said that on off-weeks essentially all he does all day is workout and hit golf balls. That can get really taxing mentally, even beyond the physical tax it puts on your body. It's one thing to go through a phase where you do that for a year. It takes a lot of dedication, but pro athletes can do that.

I have a hard time believing Bryson or anyone is dedicated enough to basically give up his whole life through his late 20/30's/40's, and also have the mental fortitude to put in all that really hard work. And this is someone who has the capability to live the .001% of luxurious lifestyles with how rich he is and will be. I just find it hard to believe he'll have the desire to keep this going. It's a lot more complicated than Bryson eats three big McDonalds meals each day, shows up on the first tee, and swings out of his shoes. The guy probably works as hard at getting better as anyone there is in the game, arguably in all of sports.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
The weather for tomorrow isn't looking too good. Probably the early wave gets rained out, and hopefully they complete their first round by the end of the day. Late wave would probably then play 36 on Friday, and then the early wave finishes up Saturday morning. The schedule is probably going to be very messed up. Weather doesn't look bad beyond 2 or 3 PM tomorrow for the rest of the week, so we will probably finish by Sunday, but we'll be playing catch up each day. The weather can also change. More bad weather past tomorrow, and it might be a Monday finish.

This will not go over well with the TV schedule. We are scheduled for an early finish on Sunday, but unless the weather clears up, I can't see how thats happening. CBS will have to make a choice between football and golf.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Won’t finish today. Last group won’t tee off til 330 probably so they’ll be likely around 8-10 holes short of finishing along with a few groups before them

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Won’t finish today. Last group won’t tee off til 330 probably so they’ll be likely around 8-10 holes short of finishing along with a few groups before them

I think it could be even more than that. This actually isn’t so bad though. The fact that they’ll get off the tee means it’s likely the tournament will finish on schedule on Sunday. It was looking like play would be suspended an extra few hours.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Bryson with just a 330 fairway finder shot right down the middle on 10 and then leaves himself a tap-in for birdie with a good backspin approach from 150...good start

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad