OT - NO POLITICS 2020 keeps giving - Peanuts Holiday Specials will NOT been seen on broadcast TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
The issue was online safety and trust, no? I fail to see the issue. If people are willing and able to file taxes electronically, why not voting?

The IRS already knows for most people what they made and what they owe. The reason why it's so complicated is because a lot of tax filing companies pushed hard to keep it that way.

The negative effects of having your tax returns altered vs having your vote altered are nowhere near equal.

Most of the info you'd want to keep private on your returns has already been leaked online thrice over from a bunch of different companies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I just read cities are prepping for riots on election night.

I would imagine you are correct, because why not be able to get out some aggression and steal some new stuff? Why not torch your Stop N Shop down the street so you have to drive ten miles to one. I've been through I think eleven elections now, and boo hoo you don't always get what you want, and someone you still manage to survive.

Reactions: BMC

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I would imagine you are correct, because why not be able to get out some aggression and steal some new stuff? Why not torch your Stop N Shop down the street so you have to drive ten miles to one. I've been through I think eleven elections now, and boo hoo you don't always get what you want, and someone you still manage to survive.

Yeah, I agree with this.

Everyone has their views and opinions. Provoking violence, fear, or burning property is f***ing stupid. As a country, we're supposed to be better than that.

I give cable news a lot of the blame. 24 hour news cycles constantly working people's emotions for viewership is not good for humanity. Now...I could also blame someone else who may or may not happen to be running for re-election...but the problem goes beyond that.

Windy River

Jan 31, 2013
Well Apple can just f*** right off :rant:

I've watched "A Charlie Brown Christmas" every.single.year. since it was first aired in 1965. Now the streak is over. Thanks Apple. :madfire:
Can’t you just pay to watch it on Apple?

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
The negative effects of having your tax returns altered vs having your vote altered are nowhere near equal.

You're right. Altered tax returns can result in an audit at best, prison at worst....for the taxpayer.

If my vote gets switched, as much as people would freak out like it's the end of the world, it really wouldn't matter and certainly wouldn't result in me having to try to prove my innocence to stay out of jail.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Really? From zero to SIX? You think there's ever going to be a scenario in which you need six weapons to protect yourself? Do you have information on a politician that we don't know about? lol

Son is a police officer, so there is two....plus he has four personal lol. You would be amazed at the target shooting they are required to do, with some various models. Wife and I relented on the no guns in the house (personal ones) after the past four years....too much craziness.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
I work for one of the largest construction companies in the country and we have been working on plans for civil unrest after the election for a month or more. Most of our sites are in mega Cory downtowns so that has something to do with it.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
That's how I tend to think.

Obviously there's been a ton of bullshit from all sides lately, but one side has had the NRA telling them weapons getting taken away is imminent and they need to stock up...for like 4 decades.

Zero doubt in my mind we could have some real bad situations break out especially if they think the current regime got jobbed and the current regime incites it....woof.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
You're right. Altered tax returns can result in an audit at best, prison at worst....for the taxpayer.

If my vote gets switched, as much as people would freak out like it's the end of the world, it really wouldn't matter and certainly wouldn't result in me having to try to prove my innocence to stay out of jail.

There's a reason why you are given your own copy of your return when you e-file.

Pretty easy to verify if your taxes were altered after you sent them.

Reactions: Bocephus86

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Son is a police officer, so there is two....plus he has four personal lol. You would be amazed at the target shooting they are required to do, with some various models. Wife and I relented on the no guns in the house (personal ones) after the past four years....too much craziness.

I still don't have one, but I will admit I have thought about it.

Just strange. Guns were NEVER an option in my house growing up. My dad is very right leaning politically, but absolutely hates guns.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
That's how I tend to think.

Obviously there's been a ton of bullshit from all sides lately, but one side has had the NRA telling them weapons getting taken away is imminent and they need to stock up...for like 4 decades.

I'm trying to remember, did the NRA get in trouble a few years back for having money funneled through it from foreign sources?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I still don't have one, but I will admit I have thought about it.

Just strange. Guns were NEVER an option in my house growing up. My dad is very right leaning politically, but absolutely hates guns.

Same. I don't like them. I have gone shooting a lot and it's just an uneasy feeling (for me anyways). I was going to get a hand gun permit, just haven't made it a priority and I just don't like handling them in general

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Zero doubt in my mind we could have some real bad situations break out especially if they think the current regime got jobbed and the current regime incites it....woof.

Quite honestly, the "winning side" almost has a responsibility to stay off the street and try to be peacemakers for a while, though I know this won't happen. Both sides have been whipped up into this super emotional state of mind and the losing side will inevitably have a minority that reacts extremely poorly. If your guy wins, take the victory, and don't cause any trouble beyond self-defense.

Sounds really subordinate but that's the way people are going to protect themselves and their families. Save the real celebration until January perhaps, whether it be the first term for a new President or the second term for the incumbent.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
After almost getting laid off at work a few years ago I sat down and got really educated on the affordable care act. Like went deep into reading about it and how it works. Is it perfect? No, but anything being proposed to replace it is garbage. I vowed to never vote for the other party again until they came up with something better. Still waiting 8 years later. To me, even though I have a job the ACA is the single biggest risk to my family and our financial wellbeing. Ironically it very much benefits low income people in red states too but they seem to be in a rush to get to heaven.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Same. I don't like them. I have gone shooting a lot and it's just an uneasy feeling (for me anyways). I was going to get a hand gun permit, just haven't made it a priority and I just don't like handling them in general

It's just a completely unnatural amount of physical power. Which of course some people love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad