WJC: 2020 IIHF WM U20 D1A in Minsk, BELARUS (9.12 - 15.12 2019)

Who will promote to the WJC top division?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kunabai

Aug 10, 2011
Minsk
when scoring this goal pavlenko might have injured the shoulder which he had injuried few seasons ago.

looked bad as he declined celebrations and went straight to the locker.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
First good on good shift came with like a minute left in the 2nd period. I know that the Belarus coach is probably matching our third line with their good line because it's the best offensive matchup. However, it's more fun to see the good on good matchup.

For all the non-Austrian non-Belarus fans out there, sorry that the game is going to be boring. We have one offensive line and then play 5v5 pk for 3 lines. The only way there will be any scoring is if they score through our 5 man pk, which will probably happen at some point, but our scoring potential is limited to good line shifts, and those odds are very bad.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
problem is that our top players are all lefties. the only right-hander with some offensive skill is buyalski.
Azhgirei would fit in there just fine IMO. I understand he's on 2nd unit with his linemates but playing Protas in that spot on PP is pretty much putting your best player in the worst position to succeed.

kunabai

Aug 10, 2011
Minsk
Azhgirei would fit in there just fine IMO. I understand he's on 2nd unit with his linemates but playing Protas in that spot on PP is pretty much putting your best player in the worst position to succeed.

agree with that, this is worth a shot, hope dudik tries this and better sooner than later

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Well that sure was ugly! Showboating on a breakaway with one goal lead with minutes to go in 3rd period, unnecessary aggresion after whistles - Belarus was asking for trouble. Superglad that they pulled through and lets hope that this was their worst game of the tournament.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
With 10 seconds left coach puts out Ploner on the 6 man empty net unit. What a joke. Wouldn't have made a difference, but it's still stupid. They love that kid though he is straight up bad at the game of hockey.

Better team won. Only one line could produce any offense. Other people thought our second line could produce offense as well, but I didn't think so, and I was right. It's nice to watch Peeters play with Baumgartner and Huber though. That line has real potential, and could be good in a couple of years.

Last edited:

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
New IIHF app is awful. Used to have history of results between teams and players, but none of that is there this year, and the fact I had to download it again to update is a little ridiculous as well.

Reactions: swissexpert

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
New IIHF app is awful. Used to have history of results between teams and players, but none of that is there this year, and the fact I had to download it again to update is a little ridiculous as well.
The whole Website turned into a complete joke. First I thought it would need some time to develop and feed it with all the stats etc.
But they just stopped halfway trough, no history, no stats, shitty gamecenter. It's made for children who want to see a colorful background and all the info they want from a player is a huge photo...

Reactions: kaiser matias

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Bookmakers base their bets on the past results, they aren't sitting there digging through the rosters of U20 hockey D1A teams.
Especially when in the last tournament before this we brought 2nd team to Belarus, guys who have rarely played with each other (only 3 forwards there from this roster now) and lost 0:1 to Belarus, 0:4 to Denmark and 3:4 to Austria... Sure, other teams also did not have the best rosters there, but it is kinda hard to evaluate which roster is better. Local Belorussian kids play in Belorussian 2nd league while ours in MHL play-off level team and a few have significant minutes in Latvian league teams. So that's also hard to compare, MHL and Latvian league level is IMHO higher than Belarus-2, but that does not mean it is necessary better that they play there.
I would still say that yes, on paper Belorussian roster looks stronger,but it should be a close game today, I hope there will be good hockey.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
The average is 2.19 now.

d9fEuRP.png

Oh yeah, I suppose for a non-regulation win it is. I didn't think about that. Nevertheless, it's what, 60-40 for Belarus?

Interesting how the Danes will look today after an absolutely crappy performance yesterday. Was it due to circumstance or that's simply all they got.

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
So far Denmark train is on course to back-to-back relegation. Yikes...

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well they had better possession than Slovenians so far so they should come out on top eventually, but it does feel like this is the game for relegation. Slovenian goalie is doing a good job, really solid.

The only goal Danes scored in 4,5 period came on 5 on 3. Other than Almquist their forwards have no scoring touch at all.

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
What were they checking the video for? Assistant referees interference on goalie? lol

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Better safe than sorry :sarcasm:

Denmark all over Slovenians but they just don't appear to have forwards that can shoot. Maybe they will be able to push in a rebound into an empty net on the powerplay eventually.

The goalscorers, and dare I say the most dangerous-looking players on both teams, are 16.

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Why am I watching this game exactly? :huh: Need to rethink my life...

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Denmark was the better team but boy, they are nowhere near their usual level. Fight for the 3rd place is wide open, my bet would be on Austria.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad