GDT: 2020 Free Agency Part II: Embrace the Grind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
It seems like he's really into short term deals.
Probably not the worst idea really. We're seeing the benefit of having cap flexibility this offseason, and maintaining that flexibility could be really important the next couple of years given that teams with capspace are able to take advantage of teams who don't and add good players for next to nothing, like NJ getting Murray and Johnsson for a 5th and a 4th liner for example.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not only is Vegas going to get Pietrangelo but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bit cheaper than expected too because of the tax situation.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
What an utter joke Vegas is exempt from the expansion draft.
I agree, it's really stupid. Vegas will have had 4 years to build up a roster and prospect pool since 2017 which is more than enough time to have built a franchise that can withstand losing 1 player.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Not only is Vegas going to get Pietrangelo but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bit cheaper than expected too because of the tax situation.

100%. It’s probably going to be 8-8.5 over 7 years, and Hall won’t get nearly as much either. We’ll wonder why Sakic didn’t push harder, but life goes on. We’ll keep talking about how “player x” needs a contract in 1-2 years...

Reactions: Avs_19

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
100%. It’s probably going to be 8-8.5 over 7 years, and Hall won’t get nearly as much either. We’ll wonder why Sakic didn’t push harder, but life goes on.

Sakic appears to worry a lot about being able to keep his core long term. Even Bura got only 2 years.

I can't wait until Landy signs his new contract so at least we know what's up with that.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Dont let this distract you from remembering that Vegas got spanked by Dallas in 5 and scored 8 total goals

I wonder how much they blamed this on the defense not being able to generate offense outside of Theodore.

Let's not kid ourselves here....Petro will fit like a glove on that team.

Reactions: AvalancheSpeedsters

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
We just need to send the farm to Boston for Carlo. Newhook ++ whatever it takes. He's solves all of our D problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad