2020 FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Outside of Argentina :D

Thankfully it doesn't look like there were any punches thrown or anything like that. At first I thought Dier was punching someone.

My guess he will get a couple of games.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Slow start but decent performance in the end. If Shaw keeps this up he'll be back in the England squad with Chilwell off form. McTom still a bit rusty after his injury. 2 more for Ighalo. :nod:

Reactions: Jussi

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Not related to 2020 but watched the replay of Man City and Wigan in 2013. Robert Martinez vs Roberto Mancini.

Mancini brought Tevez off for Jack Rodwell in the 2nd half.. Tevez was laughing, a disgusted laugh. Martinez would follow that up a few minutes later with Ben Watson on for Jordi Gomez. In stoppage time Watson beats Rodwell to a corner and wins it for Wigan...I got chills watching the celebration but also looking back its hard to believe Mancini was at the helm of this club...He cost them that Cup.

Jack Rodwell......hasn't set foot on the pitch for Sheffield this year.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Not related to 2020 but watched the replay of Man City and Wigan in 2013. Robert Martinez vs Roberto Mancini.

Mancini brought Tevez off for Jack Rodwell in the 2nd half.. Tevez was laughing, a disgusted laugh. Martinez would follow that up a few minutes later with Ben Watson on for Jordi Gomez. In stoppage time Watson beats Rodwell to a corner and wins it for Wigan...I got chills watching the celebration but also looking back its hard to believe Mancini was at the helm of this club...He cost them that Cup.

Jack Rodwell......hasn't set foot on the pitch for Sheffield this year.

And if a post-Brexit Premier League really does contain far fewer foreign players - as suggested by a report in another thread - the likelihood is we'll see even more Rodwell-style career trajectories in the future. The only question is whether under post-Covid economics similar wasted talents will earn even greater sums that Rodwell did.

Mind, I hold Rodwell in great affection for his contribution to sunderland's recent history.

Funny to look back at the desperation of the English media early in Mancini's reign at City to suggest he was a Mourinho-style Continental Tactical Genius (TM). In truth, you look at the quality of coaches employed from top to bottom of the league in 2011-12, the year he won the league, and I think its fair to say the overall standard of coaching was lower then than it is now.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
And if a post-Brexit Premier League really does contain far fewer foreign players - as suggested by a report in another thread - the likelihood is we'll see even more Rodwell-style career trajectories in the future. The only question is whether under post-Covid economics similar wasted talents will earn even greater sums that Rodwell did.

Mind, I hold Rodwell in great affection for his contribution to sunderland's recent history.

Funny to look back at the desperation of the English media early in Mancini's reign at City to suggest he was a Mourinho-style Continental Tactical Genius (TM). In truth, you look at the quality of coaches employed from top to bottom of the league in 2011-12, the year he won the league, and I think its fair to say the overall standard of coaching was lower then than it is now.
I tend to agree that the standard was lower.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Not just the coaching but also the general talent of players. Much easier then to just have the best collection of talent and still win for a combination of those reasons. IMO of course.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Very boring first half but that’s what happens when there’s only 5 players out there that should even be at the club.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
United poor so far, maybe not a surprise with 8 changes. Mata not in the game at all. Important block by Maguire. Norwich getting space on Dalot/Bailly's side. Bruno the only one looking to create.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Actually the most hilarious goal-line clearance I've ever seen.

Second look, he didn't really have time to react and was likely going wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad