Monday 6 January
Arsenal
X Leeds

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Man City get their usual rigged draw with Micah Richards picking the numbers out of the hat today.

As a reminder:

And add League 2 Port Vale

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Merseyside Derby is the clear matchup to watch, even if it's not a real one.

Wolves v Manchester United should be a decent game.

The rest seem a lot of meh.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Merseyside Derby is the clear matchup to watch, even if it's not a real one.

Wolves v Manchester United should be a decent game.

The rest seem a lot of meh.
Merseyside Derby draw at Anfield is probably the only thing that can stop Klopp from playing full u23 team. It’s a shame. Everton will probably have a new manager boost by then too. I agree the draw was pretty blah though. Klopp has only drawn PL teams in the FA Cup since he has been the manager, and has only drawn one non-PL team in Carabao

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Bumping this up for this weekend’s games.

Klopp has he press conference today and it’s likely LFC is going to play their kids again; but it will be closer to the Arsenal game than the Villa game. James Pearce suggests that we could see:

Origi-Brewster-Elliott
Jones-Lallana-Minamino
Larouci-Phillips-Hoever-Williams
(Adrian) probably

It will be interesting to see Minamino’s debut, but keeping the expectations low for this one.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Origi to score 6 then and Minamino to score on his debut

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
Really miss FOX having the American rights. At least they put some games on TV. ESPN can't be bothered. You're telling me no one would watch United vs Wolves?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Some upsets in the 10am games. Fair play to Tranmere from coming back from 3-0 to force a replay in Prenton Park.

Brighton and Villa were KO’ed by Championship teams, but they need to focus on staying up so maybe not the worst thing. Especially for Villa with League Cup Semis coming up

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Oxford United go through. So far a really good season for them.

Fighting for a playoff or even automatic promotion spot, had a good run in the league cup (went out to city in the 1/4s), and into the 4th round of the FA cup.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Oxford United go through. So far a really good season for them.

Fighting for a playoff or even automatic promotion spot, had a good run in the league cup (went out to city in the 1/4s), and into the 4th round of the FA cup.
City to get Oxford again next round....

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Would think the Man U/Wolves replay will be midweek before the LFC game at Anfield.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There's resting and then there's throwing. We're throwing this tournament tomorrow, and I don't really see the reason for that at all.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
There's resting and then there's throwing. We're throwing this tournament tomorrow, and I don't really see the reason for that at all.
If the scientists don’t think it’s a good idea for LFC to play certain players, I trust them. If this wasn’t a rivalry game no one would give a damn. We saw what happened when we risked Lovren in Salzburg, it’s not worth it.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If the scientists don’t think it’s a good idea for LFC to play certain players, I trust them. If this wasn’t a rivalry game no one would give a damn. We saw what happened when we risked Lovren in Salzburg, it’s not worth it.
We needed a result in Salzburg or we were out of the Champions League :dunno:

I think our run of dominance has made some of our fans a bit too nonchalant. We've won precisely nothing yet in 2020.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
We needed a result in Salzburg or we were out of the Champions League :dunno:

I think our run of dominance has made some of our fans a bit too nonchalant. We've won precisely nothing yet in 2020.
And they probably would have gotten a result if they had started Gomez too. Lovren was clearly in the red and they ignored it. Now he has been out by then and has no return date.
The fact that LFC has not won anything yet in 2020 is exactly why you don’t risk anyone in the fixture.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And they probably would have gotten a result if they had started Gomez too. Lovren was clearly in the red and they ignored it. Now he has been out by then and has no return date.
The fact that LFC has not won anything yet in 2020 is exactly why you don’t risk anyone in the fixture.
Ok, sure, but there's a middle ground between giving guys rest who need it and forfeiting.

Some of the projected lineups I've seen have Chirivella starting. :eviltongu

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ok, sure, but there's a middle ground between giving guys rest who need it and forfeiting.

Some of the projected lineups I've seen have Chirivella starting. :eviltongu
Chirivella is starting. They didn’t go full Carabao.

Origi
Jones Minamino Elliott
Chirivella Lallana
Milner Phillips Gomez Williams
Adrian

Looking forward to the Minamino debut.

Mane, Henderson, Brewster AND Chamberlain (surprised at that) are on the bench, so there are so break glass options. Everton are playing their A Team.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'll admit I was selfishly hoping Liverpool was gonna put out their best because I wanna see them win all the trophies. To see Mo, Mane, Gini and Origi off the bench for just for the sake of total annihilation. I sometimes wonder if LFC isn't the only thing that keeps me sane as a sports fan. From an abusive relationship with my hockey team that constantly chokes to a Glazer owned football team who is going to make every excuse possible to NOT move on from a QB who threw 30 INT's (and people wonder why I cheer for LFC) I would be ripping my damn hair out if I didn't have something to cheer for.

Edit: In before Machinehead says "BITCH YOU'RE NOT A SHORKS AND RANGARS FAN!!!" I am acutely aware of this and would hold you weeping in my arms if I could bro. I still love you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Machinehead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad