2020 FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The thing with Mourinho is, he only has about a 2-3 year shelf life at a club, and then he wears out his welcome with his style. And his stints at clubs seems to be getting less and less successful as he goes on.

In this case I think it's really simple what's happening though. They don't have good enough players. Remains to be seen if he will be given a lot of money to buy players with because that isn't how Spurs do things.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
In this case I think it's really simple what's happening though. They don't have good enough players. Remains to be seen if he will be given a lot of money to buy players with because that isn't how Spurs do things.
Mourinho's biggest draw was being able to take a lesser squad and get them to perform better. Similar to Conte. Those managers don't last long because they ride their players hard, and when Jose tried to take it easy on Chelsea after they won, it blew up in his face during the 15/16 season.

Prime Mourinho with a healthy Spurs squad would easily be a top 4 side IMO.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I do actually, which is how I became an admin here. Ask anyone around here if I messed with their account, changed their password, or anything of the sort that someone could have done easily with those features.

Before extra time, Norwich outshot and out possessed Spurs. So yes, their midfield absolutely sucks and the team doesn't function properly.

So because you didn't mess with people's accounts you are trustworthy? I guess you set the bar a bit lower than me. Anyway. We probably won't agree on this.

Such lazy analysis though. As an example Aurier is one of few Spurs players that have been decent today. And Vertonghen has not been especially poor. So full backs are not the issue. Generally speaking a problem of course, but dragging in general comments would be rather pointless.

Same with Mourinho. Obviously the easiest thing in the world to blame him on here as he is generally always ridiculed here regardless. When was the last time a non Spursfan gave him any credit on here? It doesn't happen.

I enjoy reading what fans of other teams think about Spurs. Obviously my view is coloured by who I'm supporting. But it requires some basic knowledge rather than repeating what I would consider platitudes.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
  • Sheffield United vs. Arsenal
  • Newcastle United vs. Manchester City
  • Tottenham or Norwich City vs. Derby County or Manchester United
  • Leicester City vs. Chelsea
The matches are scheduled to take place March 20-22.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
So because you didn't mess with people's accounts you are trustworthy? I guess you set the bar a bit lower than me. Anyway. We probably won't agree on this.

Trust me, I am not worried about what the racist guy is telling me about that.

Such lazy analysis though. As an example Aurier is one of few Spurs players that have been decent today. And Vertonghen has not been especially poor. So full backs are not the issue. Generally speaking a problem of course, but dragging in general comments would be rather pointless.

Who said I was only talking about today? All you do is complain about Aurier, so I don't want to hear that.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Mourinho's biggest draw was being able to take a lesser squad and get them to perform better. Similar to Conte. Those managers don't last long because they ride their players hard, and when Jose tried to take it easy on Chelsea after they won, it blew up in his face during the 15/16 season.

Prime Mourinho with a healthy Spurs squad would easily be a top 4 side IMO.

Porto is the only other team he has taken control over mid season. Evaluating him based on a couple of months with a injury stricken Spurs is rather pointless.

As for him being passed it. Yes. He did go from high to high for quite a few years. But if he is worse now or if that is also down to a bit of randomness is difficult to say.

He clearly have lost it a couple of times. At Spurs he seems very happy.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Trust me, I am not worried about what the racist guy is telling me about that.

Who said I was only talking about today? All you do is complain about Aurier, so I don't want to hear that.

I do trust you when you admit to faking knowledge. And still you keep on posting. You are truly special.

Exactly. Your lazy analysis includes only things you have read about Spurs in Daily Mail headlines. Pretending to actually be watching the specific game the rest of us are talking about. And I'm the goof.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Krul vs Vorm. Haha. Doesn't matter. Spurs are not winning this tournament regardless.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Porto is the only other team he has taken control over mid season. Evaluating him based on a couple of months with a injury stricken Spurs is rather pointless.

As for him being passed it. Yes. He did go from high to high for quite a few years. But if he is worse now or if that is also down to a bit of randomness is difficult to say.

He clearly have lost it a couple of times. At Spurs he seems very happy.
Yeah, I don't think this season should be held against him for a variety of reasons. Next season will be a better test of how he meshes with the Spurs squad. In his 2nd Chelsea stint, I think he genuinely tried to change as a manager and be more player friendly, but he went way to far the other way and the players didn't train properly in the off-season and weren't prepared when the season started. I think he's still a good manager, but he's lost some of his mojo IMO.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I do trust you when you admit to faking knowledge. And still you keep on posting. You are truly special.

Exactly. Your lazy analysis includes only things you have read about Spurs in Daily Mail headlines. Pretending to actually be watching the specific game the rest of us are talking about. And I'm the goof.

You're full of shit to say the least. I don't comment on anything I'm not watching.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Not any more? Good for you.

I'm glad Gedson decided not to shoot the ball over the net like he did a couple times before the end of that game that you seem to be obsessed with convincing yourself I didn't watch. Instead he shot it straight into Krul just for you.

Reactions: Havre

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Yeah, I don't think this season should be held against him for a variety of reasons. Next season will be a better test of how he meshes with the Spurs squad. In his 2nd Chelsea stint, I think he genuinely tried to change as a manager and be more player friendly, but he went way to far the other way and the players didn't train properly in the off-season and weren't prepared when the season started. I think he's still a good manager, but he's lost some of his mojo IMO.

Yeah. I'm quite impressed with him talking to the media. Not as impressed with how the team is developing.

Nothing new though. CL run apart, which was mainly luck, Spurs have been average at best for a long long time.

Pre-season summer 2020 starts now. Leipzig will be embarrassing.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
How many since Arsenal won a trophy that mattered?

May 2017 isn’t long ago. Our last league in 2004 isn’t long ago either but considering that is only one year after your club was founded I understand why you might think that.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
So after the game, Erik Dier runs into the stands and punches a Tottenham fan who racially abused his own player in Gedson. Not the first time the fanbase has done something like that this season.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
May 2017 isn’t long ago. Our last league in 2004 isn’t long ago either but considering that is only one year after your club was founded I understand why you might think that.

Silly small club, FA Cup doesn't count.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So after the game, Erik Dier runs into the stands and punches a Tottenham fan who racially abused his own player in Gedson. Not the first time the fanbase has done something like that this season.
Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->