2020 F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
"The governor of North Carolina said Tuesday that NASCAR can go forward with the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway without fans in attendance at the end of May unless health conditions deteriorate in the state."
"NASCAR on Monday gave teams its latest revised schedule, which shows racing resuming May 17 at Darlington Raceway in South Carolina, followed by a second race at that track on May 20. The 600 would be held on May 24, followed by a second race at Charlotte on May 27."

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Problem with Ricard is that it is flat. Too flat. Leads to a boring race.
Elevation change is definitely a big factor, but I don't think that's it with PR. People get thrown off by the atrocious runoff areas. If they were even in the Abu Dhabi territory I don't think it would be so universally hated. 2019 France was probably the most boring race I've ever watched but that could've happened on any other track as well.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Elevation change is definitely a big factor, but I don't think that's it with PR. People get thrown off by the atrocious runoff areas. If they were even in the Abu Dhabi territory I don't think it would be so universally hated. 2019 France was probably the most boring race I've ever watched but that could've happened on any other track as well.
The runoffs as well. It's like a 10 lane highway. If they changed the paint to gravel it would make it alot more exiting.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
The runoffs as well. It's like a 10 lane highway. If they changed the paint to gravel it would make it alot more exiting.
When they raced Paul Ricard in the late 80's and early 90's it was a decent spectacle. They made a mess of it with the acres of runoff.

Reactions: Khelandros

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
When they raced Paul Ricard in the late 80's and early 90's it was a decent spectacle. They made a mess of it with the acres of runoff.
Should also add they went to Magny Cours in 91 and that may be one of the worst circuits in the history of the sport.

Mansell called it a "nightmare" upon his first view of it.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Wonder if they'll go for a clear #2 or someone who can actually challenge Leclerc. Sainz and Ricciardo seem like the most obvious choices but my gut tells me they want to have a new Barrichello in town.

I'm gonna call it now, Hulkenberg for Ferrari in 2021.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
It's a shame Mercedes is still so dominant, it would've been interesting to see Hamilton there, as he's pointed out many times that he'd like to drive for Ferrari before he's done with F1. Makes zero sense if he still wants to win guaranteed championships though.

Wonder if they'll go for a clear #2 or someone who can actually challenge Leclerc. Sainz and Ricciardo seem like the most obvious choices but my gut tells me they want to have a new Barrichello in town.

I'm gonna call it now, Hulkenberg for Ferrari in 2021.
Barrichello type won't happen IMO, but someone that doesn't clash with Leclerc and can follow team orders when needed.

Bottas would be smart to switch teams if the seat is offered to him. I mean, Mercedes hasn't exactly committed to him at any point (1 year contract after another) and it's just a matter of time when they decide to promote Russell. Not the media sexiest choice on the market, but consistent point producer and no issues with Hamilton.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Ferrari gonna shock the world and bring in the ultimate team player...the perfect #2.

That's right. It's time for Kimi's 18th stint at Ferrari.

But realistically the top three options are likely:

Sainz
Ricciardo
Bottas

?

Hulkenberg could be an option and I wouldn't be against it either. I think Ricciardo might be too much of a fighter and not what Ferrari is looking for while Bottas/Sainz seem more likely to fall in line.

I think I might be the most interested in Bottas just because it opens a seat with Mercedes and I don't know if Russell gets moved into that right away etc.

Lost in all of this is where Vettel drives now ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Khelandros

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Didn't Pastor Maldonado say at some point in the last couple of years he wouldn't mind coming back to F1? :naughty:

Various permutations and/or Vettel's retirement could also pave the way for Alonso returning to the grid with McLaren or Renault. Maybe even Ferrari! :naughty:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Vettel at McLaren would be interesting, the team has been trending upwards. Probably not a championship caliber car, but race wins on the right day sure.

I would think they'd want an experienced driver with Norris.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Oh, and I started playing F1 2019 online yesterday. Penalty system still makes no sense and half of the players are as annoying (demolition derby) as usual.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Oh, and I started playing F1 2019 online yesterday. Penalty system still makes no sense and half of the players are as annoying (demolition derby) as usual.

Yeah I don't even bother anymore. Too many times have I been taken out by drivers who just want to cause shit.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I don't think ranked is too bad, especially if you can get a high safety rating. Unranked is a mess though and I won't go anywhere near it.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Yeah I don't even bother anymore. Too many times have I been taken out by drivers who just want to cause shit.
Sadly I have to suffer through it, since I want to 100% the game.

I don't think ranked is too bad, especially if you can get a high safety rating. Unranked is a mess though and I won't go anywhere near it.
Hope so, I got my safety rating in the last race I did, B thanks to some penalties from incidents that had nothing to do with me.

It's not really surprising when you see what so-called professional Indy drivers did in that e-race
Tbh I think there's been less people that wait on purpose to crash others out on current-gen than old-gen.

But the players are so impatient it's ridiculous. Long straight coming up? Nah, I'll send it to this corner which isn't made for overtakes. I got taken out at least two times by the drivers behind failing to brake in time. 2-3 second gap, I'm calmly turning into the corner, bam. :facepalm:

Worst example yesterday was when some guy completely cut the last sector chicane in Mexico and dropped me from the podium, no penalty. Fair enough, I was slower as I'd been pushed into a wall on the previous lap (basically got Brazil Vettel vs Leclerc'd more violently) and had a yellow front wing, but the guy was nowhere near passing me.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Silly season absolutely wild right now.

The one consistent seems to be Sainz to Ferrari but different sources are both putting Ricciardo and Vettel in the McLaren.

And of course Brundle decided to mention Alonso going to Renault (he was just spitballing but still).

I want to join the wild guess work.

Sainz to Ferrari.
Russell to McLaren Mercedes.
Ricciardo re-ups with Renault.

Don't know where Vettel goes in this scenario tbh.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Ricciardo officially moving to McLaren.

All but confirms Sainz to Ferrari.

Someone should sue Ricciardo for robbing Renault. Dear god they must feel dumb right now. Paid 700 billion for two years for someone with very similar production as Hulkenberg and I don't think Ocon will be any worse either.

I would've preferred Ricciardo at Ferrari but Lando and Danny together is probably going to be like the best thing ever.

Reactions: DaveG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad